Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24th April 2024, 08:37   #28
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

I saw my doctor last evening and their is good and not so good news.

The good news is there no signs of the Big C, but I need to eat more fibre in my diet. And the bad news I have to give up eating liquorice allsorts. My favourite sweet, been eating them for years. Only ever eat the Basset/Maynard products. But on the occasion I have eaten the supermarkets own brand. And they might have caused “Fecal Impaction”. Google it to find out what that is all about.

My doctor explained in great detail what it is all about. My fall had contributed to the problem. Because of my inactivity I was eating less, and therefore not enough fibre. But I was still eating the liquorice all sorts. Now liquorice is good for the bowels but should only be eaten in small amounts and not every day.
I was getting through 2 or 3 family size bags a week. My neighbours bought me the boxed ones. So I was contributing to the problem.

(( haven’t eaten any for nearly a fortnight as I thought they might be an issue with them)).

He asked me how I was doing regarding the ankle, was I having any pain? Occasionally it seems to be a bit painful and it does ache a bit. But having learnt the hard way I now have a rest with the ankle raised. If very uncomfortable then I will take a couple of painkillers. I explained that I had a new bed where I could electrically raise the head and feet sections. I had noticed I was now sleeping better and the ankle liked the better position.

So now I have another container and lolly stick for another sample. But not till the end of the month plus a urine sample will be wanted. The doctor said that this might be a monthly thing till they were happy that everything was working ok.

So all in all things are looking up.

Many thanks for reading and the comments.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote