Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th July 2024, 10:58   #14481
gnu
Gets stuck in

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dorchester2 View Post
Congrats!

Why your 25 would be shy of its MOT?
Thanks. The 25 is higher mileage and the daily family hack, with 4 drivers in my household. Apart from the usual service it will need 4 new tyres and I’ll do a good check under and around it, over the next few weeks. Especially joints/ bushes/ gaiters/ suspension; it was pulled up in last year’s MOT on a steering joint that I’d not noted would be a problem.
Old 14th July 2024, 20:30   #14482
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Spend a little time this morning underneath the 75 re fixing the heat shield directly above the back box.A couple of 2" washer's soon got it sorted.I emerged look three shades darker after all the Wax oyl that's underneath it.That stuff gets everywhere 🥴

Last edited by johnnyb44; 14th July 2024 at 20:32.. Reason: .
johnnyb44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14th July 2024, 23:48   #14483
Rich in Vancouver
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Took the ZT-T out to a car display at the Boundary Bay Air Show near Vancouver Canada. It is a smaller air show at our local executive and sport plane field. There were about 50 cars and retired military vehicles to complement the air show. It was a great day out with some impressive aerobatics and a great turnout by the public.
Of course when I raised the windows to head home the left rear mechanism failed. Luckily I had a repair kit on hand and did the repair today. The plastic clip that attaches the window mount onto the rail had failed probably due to lack of lubrication after 22 years. My next job will be to pull off the other door cards and lubricate the rails before the issue happens again.

[IMG][/IMG]