Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th October 2014, 20:52   #1
Grant Westgarth
Regular poster

MG ZT Saloon CDTI

Default Got my mitts on a Navall 2!

Another happy customer for Sean (Radioguy), after a pretty painstaking installation (the ****** would NOT go in), I'm not all up and running with the Navall 2. Overall, it's awesome, just a few question I would love some answers to;

- It's got an iPod app, but if I plug my iPod in via USB it doesn't work, the app just closes itself... However I can shuffle the songs with the music app, even if all the songs have crazy names?
- Is there a way of the screen dimming/changing to night mode after a certain time or when I turn my lights on? Screen a bit intense at night.
- Finally, I've removed the control box thingy for the IR wheel controls to get at the 3 wires, 2 of which I know I have to wire into the Navall loom, but that's about all I know?

Any help with any of that would be great. Cheers!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

All wiyht, rho sritched mg keygtops awound?
Grant Westgarth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th October 2014, 21:19   #2
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grant Westgarth View Post
Another happy customer for Sean (Radioguy), after a pretty painstaking installation (the ****** would NOT go in), I'm not all up and running with the Navall 2. Overall, it's awesome, just a few question I would love some answers to;

- It's got an iPod app, but if I plug my iPod in via USB it doesn't work, the app just closes itself... However I can shuffle the songs with the music app, even if all the songs have crazy names?
- Is there a way of the screen dimming/changing to night mode after a certain time or when I turn my lights on? Screen a bit intense at night.
- Finally, I've removed the control box thingy for the IR wheel controls to get at the 3 wires, 2 of which I know I have to wire into the Navall loom, but that's about all I know?

Any help with any of that would be great. Cheers!
Hi Grant,

If you press and hold mute the screen will go black but the unit will still function
I think you can also set the brightness to change when the car lights are on but off the top of my head can't remember how.
I'll be able to check tomorrow when back at work.

The steering wheel controls you need to cut the two top wires on their own off the Navall 2 loom car end and splice these two wires into swc colours
Blue/purple and black.
Green/white is 12 volt positive so do not use and make sure it is insulated up.

The iPod side of things have you pressed the folder button bottom right?

The iPod should be connected to the iPod lead that connects to the small mini din connector coming from the rear, not to the usb connector

Hope that helps
Old 9th October 2014, 21:44   #3
Grant Westgarth
Regular poster

MG ZT Saloon CDTI

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Hi Grant,

If you press and hold mute the screen will go black but the unit will still function
I think you can also set the brightness to change when the car lights are on but off the top of my head can't remember how.
I'll be able to check tomorrow when back at work.

The steering wheel controls you need to cut the two top wires on their own off the Navall 2 loom car end and splice these two wires into swc colours
Blue/purple and black.
Green/white is 12 volt positive so do not use and make sure it is insulated up.

The iPod side of things have you pressed the folder button bottom right?

The iPod should be connected to the iPod lead that connects to the small mini din connector coming from the rear, not to the usb connector

Hope that helps
Perfect thank you!

I'll give it all a go tomorrow in some light.

As for the iPod, I don't recall seeing an iPod lead in the box with the Navall? I'll have to have another look to make sure I'm not being blind haha

Cheers!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 11th October 2014, 13:20   #4
Grant Westgarth
Regular poster

MG ZT Saloon CDTI

Got the SWC working now, couldn't believe how simple it turned out to be!

I've had a look, the iPod cable isn't here, guess it was missed out when delivering? I'll send an email over to Sean.

Cheers for your help!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Old 11th October 2014, 13:35   #5
whitevanman
This is my second home

2001 Connie SE CDT, 2002 2.0Petrol Laguna SportHatch

Quote:

I've had a look, the iPod cable isn't here, guess it was missed out when delivering? I'll send an email over to Sean.

Cheers for your help!
I turned my screen down to at least half brightness, still bright enough to see during the day and watch films and it's not a WW2 searchlight in your face at night time, Coming home from Jeff's in the dark after having it fitted I felt like i'd been caught by the Gestapo

Car: Connie SE CDT Manual, Mods: O-Rings, Silicon intercooler hose, Stainless EGR Bypass, BMW PCV Mod, 160 Upgrade, DD Unit, Projector Headlights, Powerflex Bottom Mount, Remote Clutch reservoir, SS Compensator; Inline Stat To Come: cat gut (when replacing iffy section). Meteors after refurb..
whitevanman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th October 2014, 13:44   #6
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:

Cheers for your help!
Hi Grant,

It's me that post them for Sean,
I've just had a look and there isn't one lying around so it must have been missing from the factory!

Let Sean know and we will get one sent to you ASAP Sir