Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th March 2024, 11:39   #41
freewheeler
Avid contributor

Rover 75 cdt connoisseur se saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
You prefer to shell out £123 when your current battery might be able to be saved with a proper charge?

Out of interest, which comments have resulted in this change of mind?

Simon
I plan to fully charge it from this afternoon for about two days then I will repeat the check on the cranking voltage and if it still gives me the same readings as before then I will replace it. After ruuning the engine yesterday for about 45 minutes (driving and keep it running while I waited for the missus to do a bit of shopping) came to start it this morning and I needed to put the charger on again but only for a few minutes to get the car started. I am going on what you said regarding the cranking voltage being below 10.5 volts. Cheers, Dave

Last edited by freewheeler; 25th March 2024 at 12:20..
freewheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th March 2024, 11:45   #42
freewheeler
Avid contributor

Thanks for that, the Vayna has the same specs as the Bosch I was lookig at and is nearly £30 cheaper. Cheers, Dave
Old 25th March 2024, 12:01   #43
freewheeler
Avid contributor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Synchromesh View Post
I hope my post 35 doesn't push you to prematurely replace your battery. I returned to your post 1 and noted that you weren't actually having battery problems you just wanted to know if it would still start after being parked for a prolonged period. I mixed your post up with another where the op was actually having battery problems. If your alternator is charging and the battery is fully charged when you reach the airport and your car's sleep current is similar to mine (16mA) you should be alright. After two weeks your battery will have lost approximately 20% of its charge. Despite keeping an eye on the condition of my car battery I still have a lithium-ion jump starter in my boot just in case.
No worries and thanks for your input. I am having problems with the battery at the moment, can't guarantee the car will start after leaving it overnight but I plan to take the battery off and charge it for two days and recheck the readings. When I did a drain test mine dropped to 80 milleamp but I may not have left it long enough to fully go to sleep. The RAC guy was happy with the drain when he checked it on Saturday. I have the module fitted where I can text the fuel burning heater to kick from the comfort of my lounge, with the heater not running, just the module then the reading is 180 milleamp but then again I may not have left it long enough to fully go to sleep. Anyway I pulled the fuse for the module so that is out of the equation. Cheers, Dave
Old 15th April 2024, 11:10   #44
freewheeler
Avid contributor

Well the RAC have swapped the battery under warranty this morning so things should return to normal, just got to get the money back that they charged me for coming out as I am no longer a member. Thanks to all who have given advice and commented on my post. Cheers, Dave
Old 15th April 2024, 14:10   #45
daveo138
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by freewheeler View Post
Well the RAC have swapped the battery under warranty this morning so things should return to normal, just got to get the money back that they charged me for coming out as I am no longer a member. Thanks to all who have given advice and commented on my post. Cheers, Dave
Good result.
daveo138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2024, 14:12   #46
daveo138
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
Anyone use these Chinese products with any success

https://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/i.html?_n...r+bank&_sop=12
I bought one of these, although it was £10 cheaper.

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/176334812490

It looks like the JS1500 is about £60.

I've only needed to use it once, to start the 75, and it worked fine.

I thought it would be handy for my other half to use, if I'm not around.

Her 25 does very short trips - less than 1000 miles a year - and I need to charge it fairly regularly during the winter months.

Last edited by daveo138; 15th April 2024 at 14:15.. Reason: Added text
daveo138 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th April 2024, 22:13   #47
freewheeler
Avid contributor

Hiya, I'm hoping I won't need anything for at least two years and with my luck if I bought one and needed to use it, that would be flat too lol. I'm in the AA so should be ok. Cheers, Dave