Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd November 2013, 10:42   #1
TrevHyams

rover 75 connessure se

Smile Hi all

Thank you for the welcome. I have just got my first 75 con se 2.5 v6 on a 02 plate. Very impressed !!! But.... i need a few parts for it and was hoping if anyone can help me out. firstly... the plastic 'chrome' bezel around the door pull handle on the drivers door keeps falling off, it looks like the little lugs that lock into the door skin have snapped off. secondly.... the drivers door... the top of the door skin has come away from the door. when i wind the window down i can see the pins that snap into the frame of the door are missing so the top part is hanging off and rattles when i drive the car. its one of those annoying little rattles that drives me nuts!!!! also there are 2 buttons on the control panel below the heating section that i dont know what they do and as the car didn't come with a owners manual i'm a bit in the dark. the one on the right has 4 lines which looks like a bridge over them? is this the cruise control?? the one on the left has 2 little 'box's on it, the one on top is white and the bottom one is grey. It would be easier if i had a manual for. if anyone has one i'd be very interested in buying it. thanks for your helpTrev
TrevHyams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2013, 10:45   #2
Nige B
This is my second home

honda civic

Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevHyams View Post
Thank you for the welcome. I have just got my first 75 con se 2.5 v6 on a 02 plate. Very impressed !!! But.... i need a few parts for it and was hoping if anyone can help me out. firstly... the plastic 'chrome' bezel around the door pull handle on the drivers door keeps falling off, it looks like the little lugs that lock into the door skin have snapped off. secondly.... the drivers door... the top of the door skin has come away from the door. when i wind the window down i can see the pins that snap into the frame of the door are missing so the top part is hanging off and rattles when i drive the car. its one of those annoying little rattles that drives me nuts!!!! also there are 2 buttons on the control panel below the heating section that i dont know what they do and as the car didn't come with a owners manual i'm a bit in the dark. the one on the right has 4 lines which looks like a bridge over them? is this the cruise control?? the one on the left has 2 little 'box's on it, the one on top is white and the bottom one is grey. It would be easier if i had a manual for. if anyone has one i'd be very interested in buying it. thanks for your helpTrev
Right in thinking its cruise , second one is for rear power sunblind..Welcome aboard ..

Nige B
Nige B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2013, 11:10   #3
RPWC
This is my second home

75 model car

Thanked 5,083 Times in 3,114 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrevHyams View Post
Hi, the chrome handle surround is a common thing that breaks, you can either glue it back on with some araldite,or replace it altogether as a complete unit.(that is the handle,and surround, )if you do this the door card will need removing , I'll copy and paste the how to do it for you,as you are only a registered user,and can't view the how to forum
When you say door SKIN, do you mean the actual door skin,ie exterior of the door,or door card,ie interior door panel. If the second, there are fir tree shaped clips holding it in place, these tend to snap, but can easily be replaced from the likes of ebay, or the club traders whose usernames appear in bold blue writing.
Old 3rd November 2013, 11:11   #4
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts

Hi Trev and

Thread moved into the General Forum for wider coverage, redirect left in old.
J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2013, 13:23   #5
Howie666
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT 190+, Trophy Blue

Welcome!
With regard to the chrome trim, the clips are plastic and they do break off. A trick I learned at the Nano (thank you Rob!) was to remove the inner door handle (a faff but do-it-yourselfable, even to a spannerphobe like me!), put the trim in place and use a soldering iron to melt the tabs inside to the black surround. A good solid possibly permanent fix!
1a. Headlights polished - DONE! (Magic Mike )
2. Auto dip rear view mirror
3. Seats replaced - DONE! (thank you Mischief)
7. Bodywork repainted
8. Inlet manifold changed for a working one - DONE! (Magic Mike )
Howie666 is offline   Reply With Quote