Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Traders Shops & Members Spares For-Sale > Members Own Spares For Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th April 2024, 01:03   #21
Rover66
Avid contributor

Rover 75 club se cdti.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post

Hi Andrew.
Your message system is saying it's full you need to make, some room to receive replies, in the mean time i have sent you an email cheers Arctic.

All cleared.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Rover66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2024, 08:24   #22
rrobson
I really should get out more.......

75 tourer cdti, MG ZS 180, nissan terrano & 1.8t rover 25

Just a little note for anyone interested, I’ve got a few sets to post on Monday, that will be the last opportunity for two weeks so would be nearly three weeks from Monday when they’ll arrive if you ordered after Sunday evening.

Hopefully everyone who have already ordered have received now

For those concerned about strength or quality, here is how I ensure each batch is tested so I can be certain the raw material and the design meets a (and importantly my) minimum standard.

A washer is placed in my press (which has a calibrated gauge so force can be accurately calculated) in its operating position on top of an m12 fastener with a standard hexagon nut underneath the washer (not a flanged bolt as is fitted to the cars to create the worst possible operating condition. A flanged bolt will have an even higher resistance to washer failure).
The arrangement of the installation is then replicated with a suitably sized tube (which is larger than the subframe bush mounting point) to over stress the washer.

There must not be catastrophic failure of the washer and for a pass the washer must carry a minimum load of 2 tons. This gives a safety factor of 4 to 1 in conditions worse than will ever be experienced in the event of the entire weight of the vehicle hanging off the four washers.

Test results from the last batch showed a load carrying capability of 3 tons without catastrophic failure. There is plastic deformation of the washer as it is stressed beyond its yield point shown in the photo, but no failure. Considering the conditions applied to the test are far worse than will ever be experienced in operation even with failure of all four subframe bushes, we can be certain they will function as the OEM intended.

VIS motor tester avalible to local members

Injector removal tool and auto gearbox pressure tester now available
rrobson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th April 2024, 10:34   #23
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrobson View Post
Just a little note for anyone interested, I’ve got a few sets to post on Monday, that will be the last opportunity for two weeks so would be nearly three weeks from Monday when they’ll arrive if you ordered after Sunday evening.

Hopefully everyone who have already ordered have received now

For those concerned about strength or quality, here is how I ensure each batch is tested so I can be certain the raw material and the design meets a (and importantly my) minimum standard.

A washer is placed in my press (which has a calibrated gauge so force can be accurately calculated) in its operating position on top of an m12 fastener with a standard hexagon nut underneath the washer (not a flanged bolt as is fitted to the cars to create the worst possible operating condition. A flanged bolt will have an even higher resistance to washer failure).
The arrangement of the installation is then replicated with a suitably sized tube (which is larger than the subframe bush mounting point) to over stress the washer.

There must not be catastrophic failure of the washer and for a pass the washer must carry a minimum load of 2 tons. This gives a safety factor of 4 to 1 in conditions worse than will ever be experienced in the event of the entire weight of the vehicle hanging off the four washers.

Test results from the last batch showed a load carrying capability of 3 tons without catastrophic failure. There is plastic deformation of the washer as it is stressed beyond its yield point shown in the photo, but no failure. Considering the conditions applied to the test are far worse than will ever be experienced in operation even with failure of all four subframe bushes, we can be certain they will function as the OEM intended.

Hi Reece.
Great post showing the demonstration of the washer big thank you.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote