Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 25th September 2017, 22:43   #7251
madeupname
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connie Mk2 1.8 (Mo)

Kims drivers side front sunroof drain mod done. Just as well, as the pipe from the sunroof was nowhere near the bulkhead. Got a lot of water to get out when I finally remove the sodden carpet.
Mo was born Tuesday, 22nd June 2004 @ 08:32:41
This vehicle was the 99,307th 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 5,377th 75 1.8 Connoisseur to be made out of 6,033
This vehicle was the 783rd 75 in Firefrost Red (code: CEV) to be made out of 2,089 Firefrost Red 75s
madeupname is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th September 2017, 14:34   #7252
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Fitted the new Cupra front splitter that bought from ebay last week, based on advice from this forum.

Took about an hour including trimming the raised bits so that it fits flush under the front bumper and trimming a little at the ends so as not to foul my domed (allen head) bolts that secure the lower part of the front bumper.
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2017, 21:22   #7253
Nobby
Aged to perfection!

Rover 75 Conn SE Tourer

Replaced my project drive door reflectors with something a bit blingy

BEFORE

AFTER

Sometimes I talk to myself, Then we both LAUGH!

Nobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2017, 21:39   #7254
elefsis
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi Club SE Saloon

I drove down to Wokingham and my good friend Andy(Shiner) fitted my new chrome skull caps.
Old 28th September 2017, 22:19   #7255
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Monday removed subframe and rubbed down the underside in preparation for some underseal.
Tuesday. Removed the ex-fuel tank strap, replaced with a shiny new (and painted) one. Sprayed on a couple of coats of underseal. Never done this before, now I can say I have done it. Next time I will be able to say that I have paid someone to do it

an ex-tank strap

new and old

Today sprayed on some stone chip, again never done this before, now I can say I have. Built up the new subframe and arms, whilst stone chip dries. After that I started to cross my fingers to keep it dry tomorrow.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ex tank strap.jpg (133.6 KB, 218 views)
File Type: jpg tank straps#.jpg (136.9 KB, 215 views)

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2017, 22:44   #7256
keithst24
This is my second home

X Power Grey MGZT 180+ Auto... Bumble & 1.8T Odessey Rover 75 Contemporary SE manual

Thanked 1,801 Times in 1,403 Posts

Got some brasso wadding for engine bay clean........made a start on AC pipes...this is going to take some time
Born Monday, 16th June 2003 @ 14:30:35
This vehicle was the 9,196th ZT to run off the production line, out of 18,894
This vehicle was the 576th ZT 180 + to be made out of 828
This vehicle was the 871st ZT in XPower Grey (code: LEF) to be made out of 3,143 XPower Grey ZTs
keithst24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th September 2017, 23:12   #7257
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Added a broken bit to the scrap department.......

I wasn't happy about the slight play I could detect in the outer ball joint, so as I had a one I'd been saving for such an occasion I replaced it.

On to the back brakes, both rear discs removed, along with the hubs, and the handbrake mechanisms overhauled.

Replacement shoes fitted, and the drum area of the rear discs cleaned out with a wire cup brush, and the disc faces cleaned.

The hub bearings were cleaned and inspected , and repacked with fresh Castrol LM grease prior to refitting.

Discs were then refitted to the hubs, handbrake adjusted, and the runout checked with a clock gauge, and finally the cleaned caliper carriers and new pads fitted.

A quick walk with the hound to give my back a rest, and place a call to the garage to see if they had any available MOT slots for the afternoon, and to my surprise they did.

So a brisk drive of the ten miles or so to Bedlington, the moment of truth had arrived, how would the latest addition to the fleet fare on it's first MOT in my possession????????????????

After 50 minutes of close scrutiny by a MGR master technician revealed what I had been dreading, an MOT pass with not one single advisory

I suppose I should wash it and finish off the other bits and bobs on my own personal snagging list, or perhaps just go to the pub this weekend for a change

Brian
Attached Images
File Type: jpg NSF arm.jpg (137.7 KB, 116 views)
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2017, 04:59   #7258
Supervinnie40
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 1.8 Club

Filled her up with magic vroom-vroom liquid at the pump. Got day dreaming about cars that would use less fuel and actually get a decent mileage. Then I got in, looked around me and drove off. Nope, I'll stick with the fuel guzzling 75.

Still haven't been able to find an affordable interior that comes close to the 75.
Old 29th September 2017, 12:31   #7259
vacuman
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Supervinnie40 View Post
Filled her up with magic vroom-vroom liquid at the pump. Got day dreaming about cars that would use less fuel and actually get a decent mileage. Then I got in, looked around me and drove off. Nope, I'll stick with the fuel guzzling 75.

Still haven't been able to find an affordable interior that comes close to the 75.
Can you say mileage in Europe?

BTW - was in Maastricht in July (Andre Rieu concert) and saw several nice 75's.
vacuman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2017, 20:01   #7260
Gino
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer

Yesterday I took a trip to Kings Lynn to collect a new patio table, listening to Elgar's Enigma Variations & Pomp & Circumstance. Enjoyable drive except for the awful roads. I got caught out a couple of times with some nasty dips in the road
We went to the cinema today to watch Kingsman, on the way over I noticed a small knock from the rear. On the way home it got much worse. I had convinced my self it was the exhaust, but sadly I was mistaken. On closer inspection it looks like the n/s/r damper has punched through the top of the wheel arch
I shall be taking a proper look tomorrow, I'm hoping it will just be the upper mount that will need replacing. If that is the case I shall replace both for safety's sake. Has anyone suffered with anything similar? Its very frustrating, this is the 3rd time this summer when something has gone wrong at the end of my week off. Now I will have to find an alternative way to work! As I will be working 12 hr shifts from Monday it is going to be difficult to repair.

MODS DONE;

plenum spyhole, bonnet cable divider block (previous owner), chrome wing mirror covers, gold fan resistor (previous owner), s/s bumper bolts, uprated under tray fittings
silicone intercooler hose, Viton O rings, Crofts door finishers, boot badge, wood dash, Phil-t4's magic wand, wood wheel, mk2 repeaters, HK tweeters & Angel eye projectors.
Gino is offline   Reply With Quote