Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 8th January 2011, 00:51   #401
fraser656
Regular poster

Rover 75 Saloon

Smile chrome vents

Look great can't wait to see them fitted and if everthing is in order will def be buying for my baby.fraser656
fraser656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2011, 11:58   #402
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

as promised some pics below of the newly designed chrome air vent covers.

I must admit that until i came to fit them it hadnt dawned on me that Simon has designed these to fit on top of the air vents as opposed to fitting around them, still no problem as i will get back to him and ask if he will also design one to go around as he still has the air vents i sent to him to use as templates, and we will have 2 options to go at.

The chrome covers fit well but will never completely fit over the air vent which is curved at the edge, I fit these in seconds only to take the pictures and then removed them again. If i had been leaving them on i would have warmed them a little with a hair dryer and got a better fit

Please note that Simon has designed the smaller vent cover with a hole for the thumbwheel and 2 for the open and closed/cold and warm indicators, whereas the larger one just has the thumbwheel hole which I prefer, no doubt Simon will make both to order depending on what your preference is.

The rear walnut air vent cover looks superb fitted too !

Please do not order any at this stage as i need to get back to him to confirm that they fit well, ask about prices, find out about the chrome surrounds and if he will be including all in his schematic, so i will post again on this thread as soon as i get his reply

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 8th January 2011 at 12:19..
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2011, 12:34   #403
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

I do like the rear walnut vent trim, but I don't think I'll be ordering the chrome vent rings. These things are always very personal and for me it's just a little too 'bling'.
vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2011, 12:38   #404
MalteseMarc
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTI connoisseur SE auto, 2004

I have to say that looks very good, really does enhance the 75's interior.
Old 8th January 2011, 12:49   #405
Parker
This is my second home

Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6 Auto (X350) & Hyundai Tuscon 2020

Thanks Rob for all the time and effort taken in getting these designed and manufactured & thanks to Simon Bulgaria. I like the look but you've seen my car in the flesh Rob so you know why. Once final approval given I'll be ordering a set as per your pics, I like the over vent design which hides the black plastic. OK I'm ready to order.

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2011, 13:10   #406
vindaloo
Ex Owner

MX-5 ND2 RF

I do like the rear walnut vent trim, but I don't think I'll be ordering the chrome vent rings. These things are always very personal and for me it's just a little too 'bling'.
vindaloo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2011, 14:00   #407
Martin75
Loves to post

Rover 75 CDti Auto Saloon 2004

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parker View Post
Thanks Rob for all the time and effort taken in getting these designed and manufactured & thanks to Simon Bulgaria. I like the look but you've seen my car in the flesh Rob so you know why. Once final approval given I'll be ordering a set as per your pics, I like the over vent design which hides the black plastic. OK I'm ready to order.
Me too Rob, really superb thanks matey,

Martin
Martin75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2011, 15:17   #408
freddie
Passed Away

75 cdti connoisseur se saloon

Thanked 1,921 Times in 1,345 Posts

Looking good,on top covers up the black as you say.another thing to buy when ready .
freddie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8th January 2011, 20:37   #409
trebor
This is my second home

heard from Simon earlier he is working on prices for all accessories for the 75/ZT as not all included on the schematic, these will include items such as the chrome air vent covers and steering wheel walnut centres so as soon as i get it i will post on here and orders can then be made.

He is also going to design a chrome surround for the air vent covers, and i will let you all have more details of these as soon as i receive a sample from Simon which i will fit, take pictures of and post on here

Robs Car Gallery

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)
Old 15th January 2011, 09:15   #410
trebor
This is my second home

re my pictures in post 402 above, i need to do a bit of research for Simon and need your help.

You will see that the small front vent chrome cover has holes cut out for the open/closed symbols by the thumbwheel, but there are no holes in the larger vent cover.

This is due to the fact that on the air vents i sent to Simon the small outer vents had raised open/closed ( that is the white symbols were small blobs on the dash rather than being completely flat ), so he had to put holes there so that the panel would lie flat, whereas on the larger vent i sent they were not raised - i never even noticed the difference when I sent off the vents

On my car which is a facelift the open/closed are not raised on either the small or larger vents.

Could a few members take a look and post on here whether you have a MK 1 or facelift and if the open/closed are raised on one or both of the small and large front air vents please ?

Cheers

Robs Car Gallery