Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th April 2011, 16:56   #1
mike francis

Rover 75 Tourer

Default Air Bag warning light

Hello all, can anyone tell me how i can get my air bag warning light to stay off on my dashboard??
I have had the car in and checked, when its plugged into the garage computer it says that it is showing a seat airbag fault but that there is no fault so it is re-set and the light stays out for a day or two and then comes back on several people have checked the cars air bag system and confirm that there is nothing wrong with it yet this damn light keeps coming on Any ideas??
mike francis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2011, 17:06   #2
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Usually connectors under the seat, very commom problem. Light does not need re setting. Usually just moving the wires about will extinguish the light after next ign sequence. Do a search on here for many variations on a cure

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2011, 20:16   #3
youngie
Regular poster

MG ZT

Default Air Bag warning light

The air bag warning light is on in my car,when i took it to horners the mechanic said to me "split the connectors under the seat apart and put a bit of wd40 on them and that should cure it"he also mentioned that its the foam in the seats that cause's the airbag warning light to come on.

Whom am i to disagree
youngie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th April 2011, 20:31   #4
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngie View Post
The air bag warning light is on in my car,when i took it to horners the mechanic said to me "split the connectors under the seat apart and put a bit of wd40 on them and that should cure it"he also mentioned that its the foam in the seats that cause's the airbag warning light to come on.

Whom am i to disagree
very true,the dust from the foam does contaminate the connection,WD40 would attract this dust further i presume.

the airbag light can illuminate if you hit a pot hole,in these cases removal of the airbag fuse for about twenty minutes,this resets the module thus putting the light out.
pab is offline   Reply With Quote