Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 26th March 2009, 00:27   #1
Dude
Regular poster

75 CDT Connoisseur SE

Default Excited newbie

Hello everyone, my name is Mark but most folks call me dude. They call me that because I call them that, I suppose I just can't be bothered to remember anyones names any more or maybe just can't.

Anyway, 16 hours until I pick up my very first Rover 75 and I can tell you I am so excited, in fact I feel more puckered up now than I did at Christmas, not that Christmas was bad in anyway of course but I am sure you all get my drift. At least I took it for a test drive a couple of days ago so I do know what is coming. Why can't dealers just let you take it away and then you can return it a few days later for the MOT and stuff when the novelty has worn off a bit. Actually, I had a Volvo S60T5 until 3 years ago and the novelty never wore off at all so maybe they have a point. Alas the tax man caught up with me and the road rocket is no more.

Anyway, I think I have introduced my self now so all that remains is to trawl through what looks like a massive resource of information and glean tips and tid bits from you seasoned roverers. I feel like I have joined something special here today.

Just a small note, well done to the young student guy who drives a 75 I read about on another thread.

Regards

Dude

http://markcockerill.webs.com
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 00:47   #2
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Hi Dude,
And Welcome to the club.....

Whilst you're trawling around you may come across some links that don't work properly... these are for subscribed members. And, for a measly £3 per annum, it's well worth subscribing to the club to get the information therein. Could save you £££££££'s

Plus you get your name in RED !!

Whatever, you are most welcome... coming to Cosford to show off your new car?

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 02:08   #3
Dude
Regular poster

75 CDT Connoisseur SE

I think I might just do that, subscribe that is, I'll do that in a day or two, I think I may have to be surgically removed from my new vehicle in about 14 more hours.

The idea of going to a motor enthusiasts meeting always sounded nice but I never thought with previous cars I've owned that I ever belonged to something only just another mere motorist. You know, something traditional, British if you like, a sense of like mindedness is something I see here in Rover 75 and MG owners that I thought was a dying past-time and clearly I was very wrong. Somehow and trying desperately not to come over all mellow dramatic, maybe now that I have reached the big 50 and joined the ranks of older citizenship, the Rover 75 just feels like the natural car for me to drive with it's mature looks and stunning beauty we are obviously a perfect match.

Back to the meet. You know I think I would love to come, I will check out the date with my hot chick and make sure there are no clashes and that I am not gigging on that night. (Not too old to rock).

Disclaimer: Firstly, whilst not wishing to offend anyone in particular, Rover drivers in North Lincolnshire are the slowest cars on the road and generally driven by old chaps in flat caps who drive around at the most intolerably slow speeds that I have over the last 8 or 9 years built up an unnatural hatred of the machines, all except the 75s of course. It used to be Volvo drivers and then I had 6 of those in a row and Volvos just got faster anyway. So, it is my endeavour to confront my demons and enjoy the comfort of my new vehicle in a graceful and more reflective manner and try to curb my abuse to other rover owners and their sedately road manners.

Secondly, I don’t believe the myth that Rovers are for old people at all. But I have seen some older folk with faster wheel chairs. (joke).

Thirdly, I hope no one is offended by my light hearted comments and that I do get to day 2 of forum membership.

Dude

http://markcockerill.webs.com
Dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 03:53   #4
stevemac
This is my second home

Jaguar X Type 2.2D Estate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude View Post
just another mere motorist.
You are never a mere motorist in a 75.
Welcome to the club.

Steve

“People say nothing is impossible, but I do nothing every day.”
Winnie-the-Pooh

stevemac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 07:30   #5
M3NDEREZ
Posted a thing or two

R75 DUB Saloon Connoisseur CDT + Synergy2

Dude!!

Couldn't resist..

Welcome chap, I'm sure you'll find a place here

Enjoy the new motor, and drive it like your pants are on fire.. Do your bit to dispell that "Rover Driver" myth!

STILL WANTED: Black Leather & Chrome Auto Gearknob, Diesel Cruise ECU, EGR Bypass.
M3NDEREZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 08:05   #6
justmicky
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Club SE

Dude,

to a great club.
justmicky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 09:02   #7
Rabett_Rover
This is my second home

Rover 75

Welcome to the club mate!
Rabett_Rover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 09:12   #8
GERFIX
I really should get out more.......

MINI COOPER S

Welcome to the club Dude. You will enjoy the diesel but to enjoy it to it's full potential you'll probably want to look into fitting a Synergy2 unit from Roverron.

Have a wee look HERE for some mouth-watering stuff.

There's plenty to see here to keep you going and, more importantly, to keep your new pride and joy going.

GERFIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2009, 12:08   #9
juzza0
Mmm Monogram

MG ZT-T++ & Rover 75 Connoisseur SE (Workhorse)

Hi Dude and

Sounds like you've got the 75/ZT bug too. Hopefully see you at Cosford then?
Old 26th March 2009, 16:40   #10
chrislloydie
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 135 CDTI+ Auto Royal Blue with Synergy 2. 75 Tourer cdti club Se Auto, Royal Blue, synergy 2

Where's your car dude?
chrislloydie is offline   Reply With Quote