Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th December 2010, 22:52   #1
tariq
Avid contributor

Rover 75 2.5 Conns

Default Traction control and Cruise control are not working

Traction control and Cruise control are not working on my 2.5 v6.Only the lights on the centre console button work - but i get nothing on the dash display for these two -even when ignition is switched on.
A friend has checked fuses under bonnet and glove box are they are fine -is there another fuse box elsewhere?
Also my car has a faulty gear dash display D is not recognised and shows as Neutral as does 4 (321R are okay but Neutral shows blank rather than N) -my friend reckons possibly that the because of this Traction control and Cruise control are not picking up that the car is in drive.He also thought maybe a behind the instruments bulb had blown -hence no show for dash display for Traction control and Cruise control
I have heard of a cable dislodging by brake/clutch for Cruise control not working - but does same apply to auto box?
I am rather reluctant to test if Traction control is working by giving it a boot in the wet! -all i know is that i failed to stop at a junction in icy weather -even though i wasn't going quick!
tariq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2010, 08:00   #2
tsautos
Loves to post

MG EXPRESS

There is a switch on the brake pedal which will affect your cruise if dislodged.
Abs is the system for controlling locked wheels whilst braking, traction is to stop wheelspin whilst accelerating not braking
tsautos is offline   Reply With Quote