Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > The Market
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th March 2023, 16:20   #1
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts
Default Canon 1d mkiii camera (NLA)

1d mark 3 pro body camera. Good condition, a few wear and tear marks but not the usual bashed around press model as only used by two amateur photographers. I’m second owner and owned it 8 years. Battery charger, two batteries and front cap, I think I may still even have the box!
This is body only no lens and would make a very good back up camera or the start of using a pro body with EF lenses.
I will add some photos over the next few days if there’s any interest as I’m not at home at the moment, there’s a Flickr link to see some photos of what Iv’e taken with it. I’m upgrading to mirrorless and been offered £300 trade in so if anybody is interested then I will sell it for the same price. I’ve taken just under 10,000 shots over the last 8 years and I believe the shutter count can only be checked if sent for service but I don’t think it would be huge due to two amateur owners since new

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sworks

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle

Last edited by sworks; 25th March 2023 at 08:30.. Reason: Extra info
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th March 2023, 06:13   #2
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
1d mark 3 pro body camera. Good condition, a few wear and tear marks but not the usual bashed around press model as only used by two amateur photographers. I’m second owner and owned it 8 years. Battery charger, two batteries and front cap, I think I may still even have the box!
This is body only no lens and would make a very good back up camera or the start of using a pro body with EF lenses.
I will add some photos over the next few days if there’s any interest as I’m not at home at the moment, there’s a Flickr link to see some photos of what Iv’e taken with it. I’m upgrading to mirrorless and been offered £300 trade in so if anybody is interested then I will sell it for the same price. I’ve taken just under 10,000 shots over the last 8 years and I believe the shutter count can only be checked if sent for service but I don’t think it would be huge due to two amateur owners since new

https://www.flickr.com/photos/sworks

Hi Mark,

Somebody will be getting a great camera body there. Built to withstand just about anything you can throw at them
Old 13th March 2023, 18:37   #3
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

It’s been an amazing piece of kit and having two memory cards has saved me embarrassment more than once when I’ve left one in the PC Card reader 😁

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
Old 15th March 2023, 05:50   #4
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Hi Mark

£300 for trade-in is quite a good price. A couple of years ago, I sold all of my Nikon DSLR gear and went over to mirrorless at Olympus. Last year I upgraded this to a S/H Olympus EM1 Mark II which only had 1000 clicks on it.
https://www.imaging-resource.com/PRO...conclusion.htm

What I like about the Olympus is how it is weatherproof, small and light, with 2 memory cards.

Personally, I find buying a new camera to be a very stressful affair, as there are so many on the market with advanced technology and features, then there is the decision whether to go full frame or not

All the best

Phil
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2023, 21:25   #5
sworks
Been absent for a while…

I agree about how stressful it is buying a new camera, Ive been thinking of upgrading for a few weeks but it’s an incredibly expensive hobby. I could buy a car for what the new body is priced at.

Old 25th March 2023, 08:47   #6
sworks
Been absent for a while…

I’ve had a few offers via other platforms and it seems that most people want things for next to nothing. This is a pro body with probably less than 25,000 actuations and so I’ve decided it’s no longer for sale. I’m hoping I don’t need a back up camera with the new purchase but this will be kept as a spare so I have the option of swapping cameras quickly rather than changing lenses using. The weather sealing on the 1d series is amazing so if I need to shoot in poor weather this is still an option with this body.