Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd December 2016, 21:24   #111
dendeeze
Regular poster

BMW E46

How many Navall 3 owners did get a mcu and software update, and is there a update navall 3 on his way?
dendeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2016, 08:33   #112
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by dendeeze View Post
How many Navall 3 owners did get a mcu and software update, and is there a update navall 3 on his way?
I got an update but don`t ask me when it was, not recently and not the one we are still waiting for.
My Navalls are running good, I have a Nav 2 and a Nav 3, the only extras I have not installed are the reversing cameras on either unit.
I have been dismayed by some of this recent posting and would like to say openly that I have had excellent service from Sean and Jeff, sometimes to good (remembering the an extra expensive aerial that arrived )
Sean is very generous, where else can you get interest free payments over a couple of months? and with no credit check ?
I asked Jeff if he could make me a wire loom and supply a power pack to run my units on the bench, a couple of days later I had what I asked for.
"Bad Press" can do lasting damage to a business so I hope people following this thread read my post too.
Ken.

Last edited by Kennyeth; 4th December 2016 at 11:58..
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2016, 09:44   #113
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

I must say I agree with the above, I ordered my unit and it arrived when I was told it would. I had a couple of issues when I was fitting but when I spoke to Geoff it was all sorted very easily.

The units are not the cheapest available but mine worked out of the box and apart from having to change the Logo on the fire up screen from a Rover to an MG I think mine has been as described. I suppose I could have bought a unit from the Bay of plenty but then spent hours trying to find programs to make it work. How much is my time worth?

My only criticism of the unit is it does not find the strongest channel if you are traveling over long distances so you need to keep looking for it, this can be a little annoying when you have the Sat Nav on but nothing that really bothers me that much.

Steve
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2016, 10:09   #114
milford man
Gets stuck in

Jaguar XE Prestige

Quote:
The last update for the Navall 3 was end of August 2015. There was supposed to be another one just before last Christmas. From memory I think it was decided not to release it as they were already working on one which would be a later version of Android. Anyway a year on and nothing.

Regards John
milford man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2016, 11:44   #115
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
I got any update but don`t ask me when it was, not recently and not the one we are still waiting for.
My Navalls are running good, I have a Nav 2 and a Nav 3, the only extras I have not installed are the reversing cameras on either unit.
I have been dismayed by some of this recent posting and would like to say openly that I have had excellent service from Sean and Jeff, sometimes to good (remembering the an extra expensive aerial that arrived )
Sean is very generous, where else can you get interest free payments over a couple of months? and with no credit check ?
I asked Jeff if he could make me a wire loom and supply a power pack to run my units on the bench, a couple of days later I had what I asked for.
"Bad Press" can do lasting damage to a business so I hope people following this thread read my post too.
Ken.
Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
I must say I agree with the above, I ordered my unit and it arrived when I was told it would. I had a couple of issues when I was fitting but when I spoke to Geoff it was all sorted very easily.

The units are not the cheapest available but mine worked out of the box and apart from having to change the Logo on the fire up screen from a Rover to an MG I think mine has been as described. I suppose I could have bought a unit from the Bay of plenty but then spent hours trying to find programs to make it work. How much is my time worth?

My only criticism of the unit is it does not find the strongest channel if you are traveling over long distances so you need to keep looking for it, this can be a little annoying when you have the Sat Nav on but nothing that really bothers me that much.

Steve
Guys, no one is questioning the service that Sean and Jeff offer, this thread is all about the product, or products as the case maybe. Sean made a statement earlier on in this thread which could have been worded differently so not to offend/anger others.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2016, 12:44   #116
tdi90
Gets stuck in

Nissan Navara

I've no issues at all with Jeff, never said I had. He's always been helpful and quick to respond to questions.

I wouldnt have posted my bad experiences if Sean hadnt have piped up and had a go at Dallas for no reason, then belittled the issues I had.
Old 4th December 2016, 15:16   #117
dendeeze
Regular poster

BMW E46

I know the factory who's producing the navall3, 3 eco (the 1gb version), and navall star.
They developing there own hardware but apparently they depending on the software from a other external company.

And that's there biggest weakness, they have to relying on the software developers of that company.

And i doubt that the screen is faulty, i notified sean and jeff about that problem but no result on that problem, i can't swipe down my status bar or the fast settings.

6 months ago i installed the software for the navall 3 eco on my navall 3 and suddenly i could swipe the status bar down with one finger and with 3 fingers the fast settings (the layout is a bit different than the navall 3 with 2 gb).
now i reverted back to the original software and i can't swipe down anymore, even with the last update from the factory, this problem it ain't fixed.

I saw Dallas saying he's blow up 3 speakers with his navall 2, well, he's not the only one, some people reported that issue on XDA and on Youtube, the factory, called Huifei, produces the radio not only for navall 2 but for a bunch of other brands and it seems that dallas got one of those faulty radios.

The factory of the navall 3, 3 eco and star, produces for there own and, so far as i know, only for Navall, the only diffrence is the boot up logo and the box with navall on.

Its strange is that the factory radios has already 2 mcu and software updates this year and the navall 3 radio's don't, it has nothing to do with stability because my radio runs rock solid with the last 2 updates. why is the update for the navall 3 and 3 eco, running behind on that from the factory?
The only thing that does not work is my navall DAB app, even the software of the developer won't work after i updated the software, i have to look in to that problem.

The last mcu and software update for the factory's own double din radio's is from 24/06/2016.

That's for radio's produced from 01/05/2015.

Sean and Jeff offer indeed good service but they hands are tight to the reaction speed of the factory that produces for them.
dendeeze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2016, 15:39   #118
tdi90
Gets stuck in

Nissan Navara

Quote:
I know the factory who's producing the navall3, 3 eco (the 1gb version), and navall star.
They developing there own hardware but apparently they depending on the software from a other external company.

And that's there biggest weakness, they have to relying on the software developers of that company.

And i doubt that the screen is faulty, i notified sean and jeff about that problem but no result on that problem, i can't swipe down my status bar or the fast settings.

6 months ago i installed the software for the navall 3 eco on my navall 3 and suddenly i could swipe the status bar down with one finger and with 3 fingers the fast settings (the layout is a bit different than the navall 3 with 2 gb).
now i reverted back to the original software and i can't swipe down anymore, even with the last update from the factory, this problem it ain't fixed.

I saw Dallas saying he's blow up 3 speakers with his navall 2, well, he's not the only one, some people reported that issue on XDA and on Youtube, the factory, called Huifei, produces the radio not only for navall 2 but for a bunch of other brands and it seems that dallas got one of those faulty radios.

The factory of the navall 3, 3 eco and star, produces for there own and, so far as i know, only for Navall, the only diffrence is the boot up logo and the box with navall on.

Its strange is that the factory radios has already 2 mcu and software updates this year and the navall 3 radio's don't, it has nothing to do with stability because my radio runs rock solid with the last 2 updates. why is the update for the navall 3 and 3 eco, running behind on that from the factory?
The only thing that does not work is my navall DAB app, even the software of the developer won't work after i updated the software, i have to look in to that problem.

The last mcu and software update for the factory's own double din radio's is from 24/06/2016.

That's for radio's produced from 01/05/2015.

Sean and Jeff offer indeed good service but they hands are tight to the reaction speed of the factory that produces for them.
FYI I'm the one that had the speakers blow.

Sorry Dallas, looks like everyone is mistaking you for me!
Old 4th December 2016, 15:44   #119
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdi90 View Post
FYI I'm the one that had the speakers blow.

Sorry Dallas, looks like everyone is mistaking you for me!
Lol, you and me both Alan.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th December 2016, 15:46   #120
tdi90
Gets stuck in

Nissan Navara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Lol, you and me both Alan.
Just hope your not getting my hate mail