Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd November 2010, 18:49   #11
Cymrudragon
I really should get out more.......

MGZTT2.5 V6 190+ SE 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Agree, cooling fan is an easy check, should always start with free checks

Cymrudragon, Why are you posting blank posts??

Dont start......
Cymrudragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 18:50   #12
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Thanked 1,249 Times in 1,036 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stocktake View Post
Agree, cooling fan is an easy check, should always start with free checks

Stocktake and free....not something you see in the same sentance very often....
Greeners is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 18:51   #13
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greeners View Post
Back to the OP's problem, before adding any more "stuff", ...
Not adding any more "stuff", just making the point that products like K-seal obviously can work. Thought that was a reasonable thing to do as the OP was asking about putting an additive in and it was being denigrated by another poster. It might just give him some more balanced information to make his decision about what to do. All to do with the OP's problem and might be of interest to other people with coolant loss issues who read this thread.
FredSpencer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 18:56   #14
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by FredSpencer View Post
Not adding any more "stuff", just making the point that products like K-seal obviously can work. Thought that was a reasonable thing to do as the OP was asking about putting an additive in and it was being denigrated by another poster. It might just give him some more balanced information to make his decision about what to do. All to do with the OP's problem and might be of interest to other people with coolant loss issues who read this thread.

It's all very well adding "stuff" but the problem needs to be identified first. If it's a simple air lock, then adding anything to the system won't resolve it, it may even make it worse.
Old 22nd November 2010, 19:05   #15
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
It's all very well adding "stuff" but the problem needs to be identified first. If it's a simple air lock, then adding anything to the system won't resolve it, it may even make it worse.
I don't disagree, but that doesn't negate the need for balance. That's especially true when he's specifically asking about using additives as a cost saving measure. It will be great if his problem can be solved at little or no cost because it's something like an airlock but there was more to the question.
Old 22nd November 2010, 19:08   #16
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Quote:
I don't disagree, but that doesn't negate the need for balance. That's especially true when he's specifically asking about using additives as a cost saving measure. It will be great if his problem can be solved at little or no cost because it's something like an airlock but there was more to the question.
The way I read it is...."I've taken the car somewhere, they couldn't fix it so added some stuff, which hasn't worked, now should I add some different stuff to see if that works ! "

The answer is simple, stop adding stuff and find out what the problem is.
Old 22nd November 2010, 19:22   #17
FredSpencer
Passed Away

Typhoon ZT 190+ Saloon

Quote:
The way I read it is...."I've taken the car somewhere, they couldn't fix it so added some stuff, which hasn't worked, now should I add some different stuff to see if that works ! "

The answer is simple, stop adding stuff and find out what the problem is.
He asked a simple question, has anyone used the stuff he's thinking of trying:

"I've read about a product called Steel Seal which professes to 'cure' head gasket problems with one application. My local garage, who have been great with us by the way, have said that it is the same sort of product as K Seal and won't make a difference. To be honest I'm desperate - can't afford the repairs, can't afford another car, so will try (almost) anything. Just wondered if anyone out there has used it and whether they've had any success with it."

It would be good if anyone with experience of the substance could come forward without feeling they would be shouted down by those that haven't.
Old 22nd November 2010, 19:24   #18
Cymrudragon
I really should get out more.......

MGZTT2.5 V6 190+ SE 2002

MY story of k seal bought the ztt a few days later (wasnt a member here at the time) went to Tewksbury 100 mile trip had a airlock on the way up..called aa.....diagnosed hg ........on a kv6 very odd, aa man said use k seal which sealed my cars death ....as someone already used this stuff befoure i did ......on my way home engine went bang took to garage ,who showed me waterpump totally cloged with k seal causing the pump to seaze then cooked the engine due to seazed pump and lack of coolent result £2,974 + bill moral of the story dont use it as its cheaper to get the hg repaired rather than covering it up and hope for the best ...ps paid £4000 for the car google k seal i think its made by the same company as steel seal
Cymrudragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd November 2010, 19:25   #19
Greeners

MG-ZTT

Quote:
He asked a simple question, has anyone used the stuff he's thinking of trying:

"I've read about a product called Steel Seal which professes to 'cure' head gasket problems with one application. My local garage, who have been great with us by the way, have said that it is the same sort of product as K Seal and won't make a difference. To be honest I'm desperate - can't afford the repairs, can't afford another car, so will try (almost) anything. Just wondered if anyone out there has used it and whether they've had any success with it."

It would be good if anyone with experience of the substance could come forward without feeling they would be shouted down by those that haven't.

Yes and if he's got a leaking head gasket it may well help......
Old 22nd November 2010, 22:04   #20
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

Quote:
Dunno, couldn't find where the loss was from and the K-seal has proved to be doing what the manufacturers claim for it.
i see so it was just a leak then .. this steel seal is suppose to ake the engine good after full hgf