Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 9th January 2010, 13:58   #11
loz1971
Posted a thing or two

2000 (W) Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (manual)

Just in-case some of you haven't done it, Garmin have put out updated software for the 200, you need to connect your 200 to your computer and go to there web site, all the software is free! it includes clearer voices, improved satellite reception and an improvement in start up time. I often go on there to download more vehicles and voices (yes, I know I'm a saddo!!)

My daughter especially liked the Christmas voice, Elfred the Elf from the North pole, who makes funny/sarcastic comments as your driving along

"Plus It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel...Indiana Jones wears one"
loz1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 15:04   #12
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Hiya loz.. I have been to the site, but all I can find is an auto-updater download? is that what you mean??

When connecting my Garmin to a usb port using my original lead, or the one devilish kindly gave me on my PC, I can't do anything via the unit, all I get is the charging icon? So how are you accessing the software download please?
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 16:33   #13
loz1971
Posted a thing or two

2000 (W) Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur SE (manual)

Right James, here we go

Go to the Garmin web site and register (if you haven't already) click on support at the top of the page and go down to updates and downloads. This will open a separate window, click on unit software and follow the instructions to download WebUpdater

After installing WebUpdater from the Garmin website, simply connect your compatible Garmin device to your computer, then run WebUpdater from your computer's "Start Menu" by selecting "Start", "Programs", "Garmin", and finally "WebUpdater", this will open a window which will instruct you what to do, and should also find your 200 automatically.

And that's it, it's that easy, and then you will have all the latest software and the ability to download extra voices, point of interest, different vehicles, and, if so desired, speed camera locations (if you haven't registered on the site yet, you may get this for free for 12 months, but you have to pay after that!!)

Any problems, feel free to PM me and I will try to help

"Plus It's not a man purse, it's called a satchel...Indiana Jones wears one"
loz1971 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th January 2010, 17:39   #14
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Thanks for that loz.. erm I have had my Garmin for well over a year now, but I Will still endeavor to proceed as per your instructions and see what transpires.

Scribbler has found out all about "re-calculating" after some plonker who will remain anonymous gave him the wrong postcode for a location he was familiar with.. heh heh..
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th January 2010, 06:14   #15
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by James.uk View Post
Hiya Devilish. The power lead for charging my Garmin sat nav arrived in the post today, thank you very very much, it works a treat..

It is sitting by the kettle charging as I type.
You canot turn on the Garmin with this charger either, but you do not need to turn it on while charging to find your way around the house . Whereas in the car you do.

Handy thing about it is you can pull the lead from the mains adaptor and plug it into your PC to charge, that is how I keep mine charged. I dislike car power leads, they are a pain.
Old 10th January 2010, 06:21   #16
Devilish
Been round the block

75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by loz1971 View Post
My daughter especially liked the Christmas voice, Elfred the Elf from the North pole,
Yup, done it, and Spongebob. I loaded Ozzy when SWMBO borrowed it to go to Corby with a few mates, went down a treat. She put it away without turning it off, and it was swearing at her from her handbag