Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24th April 2024, 17:17   #1
Pandagruel

75 saloon

Default stranded windshield wipers

Hello folks,

I'm writing to you from Belgium, sorry if my English is a bit rough. I got a 1.8 75 in Ardeen green that needs help.

I haven't had wipers for 5 months now, despite my best efforts. It all started with intermittent operation. When I put the wipers on, it took 5 minutes for them to start. I thought of the wipers-motor, but didn't react immediately. After a few days, the 5 minutes had become 15 or 20 minutes, which is pretty annoying given the "so british" weather we get here too.
And then... someday, nothing. So the problem didn't come all at once, it took a while to settle in. I should point out that the windshield washer works very well, but doesn't engage the wipers.

- At first, I wanted to change the wipers-motor, but by giving it 12v, it works just fine. So, it's not the motor.
- I changed the wiper switch (commodo in french, not sur in English), I changed the two relays in the motor bay (the green ones). That didn't fix anything. So it's not relay or switch.
- I cleaned all the contactors (ECU, BCU, motor, ...) it didn't change anything. So it's not bad connexion.
- I went to an old Rover garage that still got the T4. T4 says that everything is fine. So i'm just "meh"...
- After the advises of the mechanic-guy, I changed the BCU, which changed nothing about the wipers (except that I lost remote opening/closing via the key). So it's not the BCU.

I looked for a broken wire, but didn't see anything. Any idea what it could be? I'm getting used to driving without wipers, but it's dangerous, and more annoying, the roadworthiness test is coming up and it's something that's going to be checked here.

Thanks for you time and help

Last edited by Pandagruel; 24th April 2024 at 17:23..
Pandagruel is offline   Reply With Quote