Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th October 2009, 11:16   #41
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

All the inards are generic bought in jobbies in these chinese clones so they're all much the same no matter which brand you buy (sunplus dvd chip,Wince 5)However because of this they are hackable and the company I am dealing with have been very helpful and are this afternoon changing the logo from MG to a Rover/MG one as below.They didn't have to do this but they want to help as much as they can and have even said they will try and get me the dvd firmware file which will allow you to change the user interface to a rover themed one.Also they would not send one out until I had confirmed all the dimensions to make sure that the unit would fit,if they were a fly by night company they would have just took my money with no faffing about but they have been extremely professional and have replied to emails within the hour.Just hope now that customs are too busy with other things when it comes through.
picky747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 12:22   #42
Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Sounds promising so far - fingers crossed this could be a really neat solution.

Many thanks for all your efforts on this,

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 15:27   #43
moonstoneboy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDT Tourer - naturally in Moonstone Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by picky747 View Post
All the inards are generic bought in jobbies in these chinese clones so they're all much the same no matter which brand you buy (sunplus dvd chip,Wince 5)However because of this they are hackable and the company I am dealing with have been very helpful and are this afternoon changing the logo from MG to a Rover/MG one as below.They didn't have to do this but they want to help as much as they can and have even said they will try and get me the dvd firmware file which will allow you to change the user interface to a rover themed one.Also they would not send one out until I had confirmed all the dimensions to make sure that the unit would fit,if they were a fly by night company they would have just took my money with no faffing about but they have been extremely professional and have replied to emails within the hour.Just hope now that customs are too busy with other things when it comes through.
Well done Graham

I wonder if you would, on behalf of others who are interested, well me, if you can negotiate a members deal for the rest of us and also a package deal including the digital TV tuner and rear camera.

Congrats to those who have modified the BMW fascias but one for the actual car will be much better.

Paul
moonstoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 16:42   #44
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

I'll ask my contact and see what they say.Some of the units on their site say minimum order 100 units so that would be around 25 grand (gulp) without any import duty.I'm just going to look on ebay for the freeview box.
Old 27th October 2009, 16:46   #45
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonstoneboy View Post

if you can negotiate a members deal for the rest of us
I hope they don't think i'm a big player (Mr Halford) I only tried to blag a sample and they've been bending over backwards to help!
Old 27th October 2009, 18:37   #46
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Must admit, the unit is tempting me more and more if they are being so open and friendly.

Can you ask for a couple of photos front, rear, sides and such so we can see the leads or ask them if any of the products they market use the same "internal software and interface" for 100%

If we could get the price down to £300 i'd be up for one 100% :lol:
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 19:48   #47
phenonix
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2001 Club Sedan V6 2.5

Quote:
Originally Posted by phenonix View Post
This unit costs 5000 yen if you live in China, more expensive because Euro models more prestigious over there, also advised by Chinese friend that because they are a small company highly likely that the quality of the unit will be sub stanard, his advice to me was not to purchase.
i would be most happy if the information i was receiving was flawed as i would love to purchase one too, following this thread hoping for a positive result.
phenonix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 20:17   #48
moonstoneboy
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDT Tourer - naturally in Moonstone Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by picky747 View Post
I hope they don't think i'm a big player (Mr Halford) I only tried to blag a sample and they've been bending over backwards to help!
They might prefer to sell a large number in one go but they do have the benefit of an enthusiatic club with keen members so there is the opportunity for them to sell a number.

One idea could be to get all those who want one to combine in to one order - the problem is that someone would need to receive the money and pay it over.

Paul
moonstoneboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th October 2009, 20:23   #49
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Or an even simpler idea.

Get them to advertise one single unit on ebay.co.uk for a week with a rediculious buy it now so no one actually buys it for that week.

To show the numbers and our interest in them, we can "watch" the item as a group as a seller can see how many watchers there are for the item.

If they see, for example, there are 100, 200, 300 users etc (I suspect quite a lot from the various forums) watching the item, and see theres a genuine demand for it in the UK market as it wouldnt be too hard for the various 75/zt forums to get together and explain the interest and get everyone to watch, hell a few may even just BUY the items off them even at the higher price etc.

Then MAYBE we can work on getting the prices down, shipping down and also if they are on ebay, they may start doing "buy it nows" and "best offer" etc to get the price down.

WIN!!!
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th October 2009, 08:48   #50
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

I've been in touch and the good news is they will ship individual units for $340 plus whatever the shipping is to where you live.They accept T/T (telegraphic transfer) or western union.Up to now its come to about £280 delivered but not including customs duty/vat levy.
The model number is HL-8733GB(MG).
http://www.dvdplayer.com.cn/img.asp?...=HL-8733GB(MG)
Cathy is the person I have been dealing with ([email protected])and is extremely helpful.I don't know what comes with it yet so if you want to all hang fire until it turns up next week I can do a review on here.It could turn out to be a sack of s*** ,or it could be great, i'll let you know!