Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 27th November 2016, 10:53   #1
DaPol
Loves to post

75 CDTi Saloon

Default Change in sound quality on DAB unit

I flattened and reinstalled my NA3 last week, and one odd thing that's happened is that DAB now has a very "thin" sound - very trebly, lots of sibilance in speech. This is with an external Navallstore DAB unit.

I've played around with the settings I can find in the EQ app, and DAB's still a bit pants, but if I use the FM radio I've now got it set so that there's almost nothing but bass - pretty much unlistenable.

Is there any setting for the DAB unit itself, or failing that for the AUX input it connects to to change the audio balance?
DaPol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th November 2016, 10:56   #2
DaPol
Loves to post

75 CDTi Saloon

Actually - one other thing I did do at the same time was install a new battery on the car...

I wonder if something has changed in the cars electrical characteristics - I've always needed a ground loop isolator between the DAB and the head unit until now otherwise I was getting some fairly nasty PWM noise on the DAB.

Should go pull the GLI out and see what happens really.
DaPol is offline   Reply With Quote