Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 10th May 2013, 22:31   #1
92 squadron
Drink 92 SQUADRON BEER

Jaguar X Type 2.2 SE Diesel estate Mem No789

Default 2002 Connoisseur SE Diesel Automatic Estate **WITHDRAWN**.

Selling my old faithful as I have now upgraded to a ******.
She is in need of some TLC. She has covered 237000+ miles but still goes like a train. It has the Rover Ron box fitted as well as a Piersburg MAF. It has a converted EGR [done myself as seen on the forum].
I had a trip up to Nottingham last week 200 mile round trip, and she returned 57.8 MPG/52 mph [why am I letting her go?]
She is not a pristine example but someone who has the time and patience could get her looking a lot better.
She has a few points that require rectifying so here goes:-
1/ ABS/Traction control light permanently on I am 99% certain it is the front nearside sensor as my cruise control is not working.
2/ Sat Nav not working requires looking at as it is all there.
3/ Mirror adjustment not working.
4/ Auxiliary drive belt requires replacing.
5/ Cooling fan not working. This has never worked since I have had the car, the only hitch is to use the air con only when on the move, which is ice cold.

She has a few marks, ding's and scuffs about her. All the tyres are above legal limits, Taxed till the end of June and MOT'd till November and I have two keys.
I have just done oil and fuel filter change last month [which I have done religiously every 6000 miles. The motor doesn't use any oil I get the same amout of oil out as I put in at the last service! [can't fault these engines at all] Have replaced the 2 front wishbone arm bushes as well as the bottom engine mount within the last 12 months..
She is Silver in colour. Has full black heated, memory leather seats. [small tear in the usual place] Powerfold crome capped mirrors. Tow bar fitted with twin electrics. Auto dim rear view mirror. Rain sensor wipers. Climate control/air con. I have a brand new rear section exhaust pipe which I will throw in with the deal if I get my asking price as well as the proverbial Haynes manual!
I have a lot of old MOT's and bills.
If you are genuinely interested and would like to come and see please let me know and you can take her for test ride, you won't be disappointed. If you want some pictures I can email them to you.
Oh! my asking price, a drive away price of £650 ono.

Last edited by 92 squadron; 16th May 2013 at 08:36..
92 squadron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th May 2013, 08:41   #2
92 squadron
Drink 92 SQUADRON BEER

Quote:
Originally Posted by 92 squadron View Post
Selling my old faithful as I have now upgraded to a ******.
She is in need of some TLC. She has covered 237000+ miles but still goes like a train. It has the Rover Ron box fitted as well as a Piersburg MAF. It has a converted EGR [done myself as seen on the forum].
I had a trip up to Nottingham last week 200 mile round trip, and she returned 57.8 MPG/52 mph [why am I letting her go?]
She is not a pristine example but someone who has the time and patience could get her looking a lot better.
She has a few points that require rectifying so here goes:-
1/ ABS/Traction control light permanently on I am 99% certain it is the front nearside sensor as my cruise control is not working.
2/ Sat Nav not working requires looking at as it is all there.
3/ Mirror adjustment not working.
4/ Auxiliary drive belt requires replacing.
5/ Cooling fan not working. This has never worked since I have had the car, the only hitch is to use the air con only when on the move, which is ice cold.

She has a few marks, ding's and scuffs about her. All the tyres are above legal limits, Taxed till the end of June and MOT'd till November and I have two keys.
I have just done oil and fuel filter change last month [which I have done religiously every 6000 miles. The motor doesn't use any oil I get the same amout of oil out as I put in at the last service! [can't fault these engines at all] Have replaced the 2 front wishbone arm bushes as well as the bottom engine mount within the last 12 months..
She is Silver in colour. Has full black heated, memory leather seats. [small tear in the usual place] Powerfold crome capped mirrors. Tow bar fitted with twin electrics. Auto dim rear view mirror. Rain sensor wipers. Climate control/air con. I have a brand new rear section exhaust pipe which I will throw in with the deal if I get my asking price as well as the proverbial Haynes manual!
I have a lot of old MOT's and bills.
If you are genuinely interested and would like to come and see please let me know and you can take her for test ride, you won't be disappointed. If you want some pictures I can email them to you.
Oh! my asking price, a drive away price of £650 ono.
Anyone interested ??? I will drop the price if it makes you feel better.

Last edited by Dragrad; 25th June 2013 at 23:38.. Reason: Compliance with Club Rules
Old 17th May 2013, 18:53   #3
ukmastiff
Gets stuck in

2003 ZT-T CDTI '+' a ZT

Hi, I sent you a p.m no reply , also sent you an e mail no reply. Could you let us know if its still for sale please.

Cheers

Mas
Old 19th May 2013, 17:06   #4
92 squadron
Drink 92 SQUADRON BEER

Hi Folks,
Sorry I have not been in touch with all that have shown an interest in the vehicle but have been away from any Internet so I could not reply to you so I thought this would be the easier way to contact you all.
A problem has arisen that the old girl wont be available till the beginning of June I am sorry for this but it is beyond my control. Please let me know if this OK and if you are still interested please get back to me and I will reply asap.
Regards,
Old 20th May 2013, 13:07   #5
ukmastiff
Gets stuck in

2003 ZT-T CDTI '+' a ZT

Shame I couldnt have broken my hand in a few weeks time

I knew it wasnt my lucky month
Old 16th June 2013, 09:05   #6
92 squadron
Drink 92 SQUADRON BEER

Default Relisted

She is now up for sale, same good things, same bad things.
I have had her on a T4 and the only fault found was the front nearside ABS sensor. I have renewed this sensor [non gen] and it is still lighting up. There are a few trains of thought 1. wiring under the battery box 'chaffed'
or 2. the reluctor ring magnets on the driveshaft. Sensor itself is naff.
The lights do go out when initially started up but will come on after a time. You can also here a ticking noise and when breaking a juddering at the footpedal before the warning light comes on. Braking is as normal with light on.
Still interested? Get in touch....

Last edited by Dragrad; 25th June 2013 at 23:12.. Reason: Rule compliance
Old 16th June 2013, 09:09   #7
ukmastiff
Gets stuck in

2003 ZT-T CDTI '+' a ZT

I still need an auto as i cant drive my manuals at the mo.
I can come over now for a view and complete today if she is for me

Could you mail me an address and phone number if it suits

Regards mas

Last edited by ukmastiff; 16th June 2013 at 09:18..
ukmastiff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2013, 20:43   #8
championdaddy
This is my second home

Mg Zt 190

Did you get hold of Mike Mas ????????????? I can call him if you haven't.
championdaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th June 2013, 21:31   #9
ukmastiff
Gets stuck in

2003 ZT-T CDTI '+' a ZT

He was a bit busy to see me the other day and ive just returned from a veeeery sweaty commute ill ring him

Cheers
Old 25th June 2013, 08:16   #10
ukmastiff
Gets stuck in

2003 ZT-T CDTI '+' a ZT

On the plus side it was nice to meet you properly

Mas