Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29th April 2017, 06:22   #11
MikeJohn
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer CDTi

Stuarts comments re permissions to write to the sd card are correct. It seems rules were set in Android to ensure apps had the right permissions - introduced around Android 5.

I believe what is supposed to happen is the app asks for permission during installation, presumably calling a system function to do that, then the user responds, the system stores the permission and all is well.

However it seems the install package is not doing that, There are ways to fiddle it afterwards but none seem simple.

If this is right I would expect the same problem with Primo on any Android 6 device. Certainly the one on the play store is documented as needing to be installed NOT from an expansion card.

Forums around Igo Primo are very popular, but tend to be very difficult to understand. It would be good to find if anyone has it running from an sd card on any device before we try much more.

I am tempted to leave it on internal memory, and free the sd card,. I have found with a DVR camera running and using the right-hand sd card for storage music becomes "stuttering" as it cannot keep up, so using the maps card for DVR storage may be a good solution anyway.

On the DVR software - has anyone found how to control how much space it uses, it seems to just keep creating more files all the time. I was looking for options to control how many files, max size or something.

Thanks

Mike

I just found this Which seems to confirm most of what we have seen...

http://www.navitotal.com/android-dis...id-t16295.html

Last edited by MikeJohn; 29th April 2017 at 06:31.. Reason: Add reference
MikeJohn is offline   Reply With Quote