Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 20th March 2017, 22:29   #21
LotusLC
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi Auto / ZT-T Trophy Blue

Thanked 1,644 Times in 1,238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Lol, you obviously dont read much on here then, some members just cant leave their car alone. They may not be boy-racers, but I reckon some come close and fit the bill quite nicely, naming no names of course.
I am definitely bordering the boy racer type even tho i am in my 50's

https://i.imgur.com/Cwa3376m.jpg
LotusLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 22:44   #22
Ian G
This is my second home

Small

Thanked 2,991 Times in 1,431 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusLC View Post
I've removed my (witty) reply as it's taking the post off thread..
It's about how many are left not about modding cars
Cheers Ian

Last edited by Ian G; 20th March 2017 at 22:49..
Ian G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th March 2017, 22:50   #23
suzublu
This is my second home

rover 75 1.8 vvc club se wedgwood blue

Thanked 7,142 Times in 4,642 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jr.ewing* View Post
I've not been on here that long... I personally think any dealer or monogram upgrades you do yourself are all good. Chrome and walnut the 75 to the max, dealer upgrades on zt also all good.
Did someone mention chrome
suzublu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 02:34   #24
Rooney
Suspended

MG ZT 135+ Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, 75 2.5 V6 Saloon

That is an absolute beauty.

You're a lucky man
Rooney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 07:31   #25
jr.ewing*
Loves to post

mg zt

Look after zt and it could be worth a few grand in 10 years but its not an investment as it needs money spent on it during those years and it won't be worth mega money like some fords. I bought a 89 BMW 325i sport in early 00s for 1k, try getting one now for less than 10k, my pal sold his astra GTE for 9k and his 205 gti for 6k, wish I kept mine. At least the zt is pretty much depreciation free
jr.ewing* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 09:19   #26
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonc3725 View Post
Still have a very early 190+ and spent hundred of hours and hundreds ney probably over a £1K restoring it so far many dealership upgrades fitted from the original fit plus a few not so dealership mods. Its a keeper to be honest but will be used regularly once MOTed.

There are a few owned by enthusiasts now who will keep them going. A lot more than a 51 Mondeo or Vectra
Jon, we will have to get them both together...

Quote:
Originally Posted by LotusLC View Post
Gary, nowt wrong with that, yours does look nice. I myself was a complete boy-racer in my day, I still have that itch when I see a 6th Gen Celica.

I think for any of our cars to appreciate in value with so few left need to be kept original as possible, its the same scenario when it comes to selling. All those little personalised mods ones does can pose a potential problem and alienate a lot of buyers, I suppose it all depends what mods we are talking about, its a slippery slope.
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 12:07   #27
oswestryalex
Loves to post

Rover 75 1.8T connoisseur saloon 2003 in blue , MG ZT 190+ 2003

Default can't wait to get mine back roadworthy

Those pics look great - mine needs some more work, sadly, but once that MOT is done, the part arrives and is fitted, I shall be very glad to get out once more into the Welsh borders and those nice winding lanes in the hills.... like dying and going to heaven... :-)
oswestryalex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 13:43   #28
Beena wild
Loves to post

MG ZT190+ 2.5 2002

The ZT 190 is a rare beast over this side of the pond. Probably something to do with the annual €1080 road tax cost. This is a particular pain to endure but I still want to drive this great car and people say i'm mad.

I have the MOT equivalent coming up later today (retest due to no airbag light, €20 job and holed back box €140).

Having never abused the car or driven it with menace I still like to solid feeling, the sporty sound, the good looks and the virtual uniqueness of the beast over here.

Fingers crossed for another year on the road at least.

Just passed the test - Hard to keep a good thing off the road!

Last edited by Beena wild; 21st March 2017 at 17:44.. Reason: update
Beena wild is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 18:48   #29
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

For some years now I have always wanted an MG ZT. According to other opinions, the MGZS was the better car to drive, but there is just something so purposeful and handsome about that ZT. I'll confess to knowing 1.8. 1.8T, 2l, 2l diesel, 2.5 V6 engine configurations, and that's it! What the numbers mean and what they break down into is something I'm only now just discovering. Same with the 75, I knew the engine variations to a small degree, but as for fit and finish with the Club, Connouseueur, and...er...no, that's it. That's all I knew. Leather seats or cloth.
But the look of the MG, especially in that delicious blue, still makes me look twice. I personally can't think of too many cars that have the same presence, sense of style and class and yet retain a meanness and sense of purpose as the MGZT. Most other cars look, to me, like something escaping a Manga comic (Honda Civic Trpe R?) or just dull (anything with Kia on it).

My Honda was dying, its' tax and MOT were due and I needed another car. The local garage had this 1.8t 75 connie in for under £1000. And I kept looking at it, then the Mondeo he had in, the 75, then other garages, then the 75... and I thought 'WHY do I keep looking when I always come back to this 75?'. So I brought it. And it has leaky problems, and a turbo issue, and the stereo is rubbish and sounds awful, and it smells a bit from the stagnant swimming pool under the seats, and the headlights are scratched and need refurbishing, and the drinks holders are pants. But it is awesome and I love it!!!! I've sorted the leaks, which I enjoyed doing, I'm fitting a Parrot until I get a touch screen stereo thing off Sean, I'm going to shampoo the carpets now it's drying out, I'm going to refurb the lights and it's just nice to drive. It's also a classy looking car in a nice silver.

BUT....if I could have found one, at a similar price, I'd LOVE an MGZT in that amazing blue, with a 75 interior (wood dash and trim) and the white leather and wood steering wheel, with the v6 engine converted to LPG so I didn't feel bad about the environment when I put me foot down, with the serpent wheels I have on my 75. Not sure if I'd go for the facelift model though. Them 2 separate lights look gorgeous, but then the one unit lights look great too. I like the deeper intercooler aspect of the later models though.

I've no idea what these cars are / if they exist, but if I had the money, I doubt there are many other cars I'd have over that. money no object, I'm not sure if I'd pass up on one of them.

Maybe I'm just odd, but the 75 and ZT are stunning designs that manage to look inherently English.
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st March 2017, 19:46   #30
spongeh
Loves to post

MG ZT-T+ 180 Sport Auto

I love the exterior of my Trophy Blue ZT

But I also love the interior, I know some people have said that original is better, but I couldn't stand the plastic looking technical grey dashboard so I swapped it out with a real walnut PPD dash and steering wheel, PPD illumiated sun visors and a Navall Star Radio

They're only minor tweaks, but they do make it a lot more pleasant place to spend a few hours.

spongeh is offline   Reply With Quote