Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd April 2017, 09:36   #1
rik007
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer CDT 2002

Default Front Seat Switch - Passenger - Motor wont run

Hi, took my car to the garage it came back with the passenger seat fully back and the button not working to allow it to move forward.

Overnight it seems the switch was engaged and its flattened the battery, just as we were leaving to head off to the airport... oh the joy. I could hear the motor clicking as it was quite at home in the morning, when I opened the door.

I have a spare circuit, which I think is OK and have plugged it in. But no joy the motor still wont run the seat forward.

I'm a bit stuck as I can t get at the bolts to remove the seat and check the motor. The seat back adjuster motor does work OK though. Does the squab and back use the same motor??

Does any one have a wiring diagram of the wires for the passenger side? I could make a temp switch if I know the colours that make and break the motor connection.

Any help appreciated.

Rich.
rik007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd April 2017, 14:33   #2
rik007
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer CDT 2002

Default Sorted

Sorted! Took off the two nuts holding the front bar motor in place. Detached the motor and connected it to a separate 12v supply. The motor ran OK. refitted and after some testing the switch and motor sprang back into life.

I suspect the motor had got jammed but once free it now seems to run back and forward OK!

Happy Sunday ... now a brew!

Rich.
rik007 is offline   Reply With Quote