Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 22nd October 2016, 08:20   #1
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts
Default £24.59 Android 2din Wifi GPS & DVD

Lightinthebox.com FLASH SALE!!!

Android Double Din with Multi-Touch Capacitive Screen and DVD, WIFI, GPS, RDS, IPOD, BT all for the grand sum of £24.59 (was £185.31) with free delivery. Has a CorteX A9 solution Dual core CPU, DDR3 1GB Ram, Mstar GPS Processor, 8GB Storage. I've placed 3 orders, all have been dispatched. So its not a misprice, but it maybe a bogus deal, cant see it somehow as this is a well known China wholesale site selling worldwide.

HERE... 4 reaming at present, but check again every morning as more stock gets listed.
Check the Hourly Super Sale, products go live every hour.

I've watched this deal for the past 3 days, seems to be 10 available at this price per day (always early mornings). Once sold out, the price reverts back to £185.31, you have to be really quick as they sell-out in seconds/minutes. I would advise to check in the witching hour, or the early hours in the mornings, the site gets updated daily.

We shall see if they arrive.

UPDATE!
Well! they arrived and very nice they are too, only 11 day delivery from China.
Glad many of you could take advantage of the deal.

I've done some digging.
The manufactures website is HERE...

Ruili Technology Co., Ltd. established in 2010. There are a global manufacturer and provider of automotive electronics. Dedicated to research and development, aiming to provide world-class products including In-Vehicle Audio, In-Vehicle Navigation, Smart Phone Link, Advanced Driver Assistant System (The Bird-View Parking Assistant System, Lane Departure Warning System-LDWS, DVR, Vehicular Communication System, Collision Avoidance System, HUD etc.) \r\n.

There own brand is RUNGRACE, providers of OEM/ODM services for both overseas and domestic customers, cooperating with many famous brand and car dealership in more than 30 countries and regions.

Check them out on Alibaba...

The model number for this device if anyone requires it is... 257AGAR.
The manufacture RunGrace are also on Facebook HERE...

This should be a very helpful portal for questions that we dont know, then come back here and post the answer.

Here is some help with installing and wiring, information is best placed on the first page so easy to find at a later date instead of searching all through the posts.

Some items you will need.

CT23RO01 Rover 75/MG ZT Fascia Plate.
CT23RO01 Rover 75 1999 - 2005 Double Din Car Stereo Radio Fascia. The fascia has an opening of 172mm, the 2DIN measures 178mm. You will need to shave 3mm from either side, and maybe 1.5mm from along the top.

UPDATE!.
Credit goes to Colin_NI for finding the MG7 fascia HERE..., seems a better option when fitting a universal 2Din unit.
Credit also goes to Christopher for finding a cheaper price HERE...

PC5-27 Car Stereo Radio Antenna Aerial Adapter.
PC5-27 Car Stereo Radio Antenna Aerial Adapter ISO to DIN Male Pin.

PC2-05-4 Rover 75/MG ZT ISO Loom from 1999 on.
PC2-05-4 Rover 25 45 75 ISO Stereo Head Unit Harness Adaptor Wiring Loom Lead. You will need to cut off the two 'Male' ISO plugs and connect the bare end wires to the loom that came with the double din, you can use bullet connectors to make the join. Each wire is colour coded, so just connect each wire in turn.

If you have the regular 'Male' ISO plug connectors and not the black BMW loom plug, you can buy a female ISO lead with bare ends ready for you to connect the loom that came with the double din using bullet connectors. The black BMW loom plug maybe tucked down behind your dashboard, down behind the ashtray, its worth a look.

The RunGrace DD has the iPod/iPhone connection at the rear (cable supplied in the box).
There is a rear USB connection to support a 3G Dongle.
Front USB AUX input (cable supplied in the box).
There is an external 3.5mm MIC input at the rear.
Also various RCA AUDIO inputs and Video outputs (including a SUB woofer and audio Amp L/R connections).
The Dash illumination wire is colour 'Orange'.
Amplifier Power Control is colour 'Blue/White'
The Reverse Camera trigger wire is colour 'Brown'. If you would like to connect a reverse camera, this is what I done HERE...

Installation.
There is not much room behind the dashboard to incorporate a full size double din car stereo, it just about fits. You may want to support the unit at the rear by using some metal brackets, you can drill into the strong plastic frame at the rear of the dashboard to anchor the metal brackets (they line up nicely).

SWC Wiring.

Pin 10 (Orange/Blue) from BMW loom send to 'Ground'.

Pin 17 (Blue/Purple) from BMW loom send to 'Key 1' Yellow/Green from DD loom.

or...

If you have the grey ISO plug, the steering wheel control wires are Blue/Orange and Blue/Purple (pins 2 & 3) from the grey plug.

Orange/Blue) send to 'Ground'.

Blue/Purple send to 'Key 1' Yellow/Green on the DD loom. No need to do anything with 'Key 2' white/red wire on DD loom.

This is a diagram of my 2001 ZT with the BMW 13/17 pin plug using Pin 10 & Pin 17.

Programming the SWC Buttons and Operation.

1: Just go into the app-draw, its the middle app on bottom row (has 4 square colours on it).
Forgive the FORD logo, photo taken in SWMBO Galaxy.

2: Look for your Steering Wheel Control app (picture of a steering wheel). If you press and hold the app, you can place it on your home screen.

3: Select the app, you will be greeted with a grid of options, you can set your car SWC (buttons) to perform any one of the actions.

4: First select 'Start' (bottom left corner), the block will turn yellow.

5: Make your first selection on screen, then press the desired button on your steering wheel to link the chosen action (do this for all SWC buttons).

6: Once finished, select 'End' its the same block as 'Start' you will see it has now changed to 'End'.

7: Job Done.

FACTORY CODES.
Factory Reset Code: 7890.
Extra Settings: 123456.
User Settings: 7890.

GPS Navigation Apps.
You can download a free navigation program that works perfect on any android or WinCE device, its called MapFactor Navigation (there are many other navigations apps on the PlayStore to choose from).
MapFactor Navigator is a free turn-by-turn GPS navigation app for Android with postcodes and free GPS maps from OpenStreetMaps. These free maps and postcodes are installed on your device or SD card so you do not need an Internet connection when traveling. Free Maps are updated every month for FREE. MapFactor also makes the popular Navigator FREE GPS navigation software for PC, Pocket PC and WinCE, also with postcodes and free maps from OpenStreetMaps. The software also includes safety/speed camera data.

Download direct to the Double Din unit from the Google Play Store HERE...

Download to your PC or Laptop HERE...

Selecting Start-up Logo.
1. Settings.
2. General.
3. Extra Settings.
4. Type 123456.
5. Logo Settings.

Selecting Wallpaper, Live Wallpaper & User Photo.
1. Settings.
2. Display.
3. Wallpaper.
4. You now have 3 options 1: Live Wallpapers which are animated, or 2: QuicPic Wallpaper which takes you into your own photo files to choose a personalized photo/image to set as background, or 3 Wallpapers which are several inbuilt images to choose from.

Selecting Start-up Animation Logo.
1. App Draw (4 coloured squares centre of screen).
2. Select the 'Boot Animation' app (this app comes pre-installed with 4 android animation screen logos).
3. Now select the desired animation logo.
4. Restart the double din.

You can download and add other animation logos from the Playstore and store them on the device, you will need to use the 'ES File Explorer' app that came pre-installed with the double din (you can also download the app from the Playstore).

Select file explorer and search the root of your SD card, locate the downloaded animation file you just downloaded and copy and paste it to the root of the SD card. Now go back and select the 'Boot Animation' app and you will see your newly downloaded boot animation logo, just select it and restart the double din... job done. This will be the same process when making your own animation boot logo screen, the file will need to be stored on SD card and you can use the 'Boot Animation' app to select/host it.

If you have performed a factory reset on the double din, this means you would have lost several of the pre-installed apps, the 'Boot Animation' app will be one of them. All you need to do is go into your app draw, select 'ES File Explorer' and then select the 'APK file, you will see a list of apps that will need to be installed (Boot Animation is one of them), just select install or download.

Hope you all enjoy your new toy.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg SWC Diagram RunGrace 800x600.jpg (80.6 KB, 713 views)
File Type: jpg FINISHED 800X600.jpg (57.0 KB, 827 views)
File Type: jpg 9 700x525.jpg (50.6 KB, 826 views)
File Type: jpg SWC APP 600X450.JPG (84.4 KB, 706 views)
File Type: jpg 3 640X480.JPG (103.8 KB, 698 views)
File Type: jpg 2 640X480.JPG (85.5 KB, 695 views)
File Type: jpg 4 640X480.JPG (130.3 KB, 381 views)

Last edited by Dallas; 14th April 2018 at 16:44..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2016, 08:23   #2
lathbury
Posted a thing or two

75 Conn S.E. Cdt.

Smile

Thanks Dallas, Just ordered one. John.
lathbury is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2016, 08:48   #3
fega72
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Good find! Hope it will arrive.
I can see you are a real bargain hunter
fega72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd October 2016, 09:15   #4
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by fega72 View Post
Good find! Hope it will arrive.
I can see you are a real bargain hunter
Lol, working in retail for 25 years does have its side-effects.

I first thought this maybe a misprice, as retailers are all human and we do make mistakes regarding promotions, but there is software that can stop/flag-up such a mistake before its too late, any purchases get quickly refunded.

A flash sale is usually a massively discounted promotion for a short period of time. The quantity may also be limited, can run for a period of days to attract many customers, and not just let one customer buy all the remaining stock.

We shall see, there is still that chance this maybe a bogus deal, where Lightinthebox.com are opting for a small interest free bank loan, and have no intention of sending the goods. Cant see it somehow, as they are a huge global online retail company.

Watch this space.

Check again early tomorrow for the price reduction, as its Sunday the site may not get updated, so worth checking Monday for sure.

Last edited by Dallas; 22nd October 2016 at 10:21..
Old 22nd October 2016, 09:37   #5
Sprinter
Posted a thing or two

Jag S-Type 4.2 V8

Seems like it has already reverted back to £185
Old 22nd October 2016, 10:00   #6
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sprinter View Post
Seems like it has already reverted back to £185
This morning there were 10 instock, 6 sold by the time I had posted the deal on here, 4 were remaining at £24.59. Once sold the price reverts back to £185.31.

Its worth checking the site early tomorrow or Monday, not sure how long the flash sale promotion is going to run. If you go by the sites Thanksgiving banner at top of page, there is just under 3 days left (maybe two promotions are running side by side).

Could be 3 promotions, the 3rd could be the bogus promotion lol
Old 22nd October 2016, 14:33   #7
fega72
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
This morning there were 10 instock, 6 sold by the time I had posted the deal on here, 4 were remaining at £24.59. Once sold the price reverts back to £185.31.

Its worth checking the site early tomorrow or Monday, not sure how long the flash sale promotion is going to run. If you go by the sites Thanksgiving banner at top of page, there is just under 3 days left (maybe two promotions are running side by side).

Could be 3 promotions, the 3rd could be the bogus promotion lol
I bought the last one this morning.

If it arrives I have to buy an other 75
Old 22nd October 2016, 15:18   #8
Dallas
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by fega72 View Post
I bought the last one this morning.

If it arrives I have to buy an other 75
If it happens, I will hold you to that.

It will certainly be the bargain of the year if its a genuine deal an android DD unit with WIFI, GPS, RDS, IPOD, BT, DVD and a Capacitive Touch Screen etc for under £25. The RRP is £250, average selling price is around £180, Radioguy has them for £230 ish...

Just dont shoot the messenger is it doesn't happen.
Old 22nd October 2016, 16:47   #9
fega72
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallas View Post
Just dont shoot the messenger is it doesn't happen.
You don't need to worry about that You just shared what you find and you didn't forced any one to buy it.
Old 22nd October 2016, 19:25   #10
Blackrose
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon

Wes I'll have one of your 3 if they turn up

Blackrose
Blackrose is offline   Reply With Quote