Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th April 2017, 08:13   #51
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

I had my ZT repaired with similar damage in 2014. They wanted to write it off but I pled my case.
Old 5th April 2017, 09:52   #52
Ravinder
This is my second home

Rover 75 saloon x2, Rover 75 Tourer x2, Rover 220 Coupe Turbo

Thanked 2,852 Times in 1,718 Posts

Thanks for the advise. I am now awaiting a call from the insurance company to see what they have to say. I'll keep you updated...

First name and forum name: Ravinder

Rover 75 2.0 CDT Connoisseur SE 116 (160 remap)
Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 50,481st 75 to run off the production line, out of 112,381
This vehicle was the 2,238th 75 CDT Connoisseur SE to be made out of 3,775
This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Ravinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2017, 09:55   #53
Ravinder
This is my second home

UPDATE

Her insurance company have called me back to say that the car is uneconomical to repair and they would write it off as a CAT C and give me a settlement figure based on the cars value and mileage. They say the mileage of the car is more then average which brings the value down slightly. I have the option to buy the car back but then obviously I will get £200 less because of the difference. I'm not too happy with the amount I have been offered. They say that if I can get a receipt to show how much I paid for the vehicle, they will match it, but it was a private sale and I have no receipt. I don't want the car to be a write off but at the same time, I don't want to be out of pocket. If I can get the money I want, then the car may have to be just be a write off. Then, I can decide on whether to repair it or not or move it on. A bit unsure....

Royal Blue (JFM)

This vehicle was the 5,002nd 75 in Royal Blue (code: JFM) to be made out of 14,420 Royal Blue 75s
Old 6th April 2017, 11:10   #54
lady zed
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon

Thanked 1,210 Times in 716 Posts

Can you contact the seller for a receipt?
Old 6th April 2017, 11:33   #55
Best_of_British
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Tourer & Arden Green Project

Brothers Y Reg cat C write off. Offered £1000 with £70 buy back recently. Just some figures to compare to yours. 132k miles.

Sent from my GT-I9195 using Tapatalk
Best_of_British is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2017, 12:10   #56
stevie04

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE Saloon and Rover 75 Tourer Contemporary SE

Feel for you Ravinder, I am in the same boat at the moment, insurers have told me my car will be written off without even looking at it yet so will probably buy it back or not claim and fix myself, I have had to hits to my car in the last month, front wing and need a facelift tourer rear bumper (JFM Royal Blue) as cracked and the panel at the bottom of the tailgate, need to wait and see what the other insurer sais as it was no fault on my behalf and agreed by the other drivers. Worse thing is the amount of work done in last year to car its probably now in better shape that some much younger cars on the road.
stevie04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2017, 12:19   #57
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravinder View Post
UPDATE

Her insurance company have called me back to say that the car is uneconomical to repair and they would write it off as a CAT C and give me a settlement figure based on the cars value and mileage. They say the mileage of the car is more then average which brings the value down slightly. I have the option to buy the car back but then obviously I will get £200 less because of the difference. I'm not too happy with the amount I have been offered. They say that if I can get a receipt to show how much I paid for the vehicle, they will match it, but it was a private sale and I have no receipt. I don't want the car to be a write off but at the same time, I don't want to be out of pocket. If I can get the money I want, then the car may have to be just be a write off. Then, I can decide on whether to repair it or not or move it on. A bit unsure....
Respond declining their offer, and make a counter proposal. which is up to you. Either ;
  • Ask for an independent motor engineer examination to assess the cost of repair - and also for a valuation by a club valuer. Or just have your own valuation done at your own expense (mind it has to be reasonable and if his decision is not too dissimilar you'll be out of pocket).
  • Price up repairs and get quotes for repairs/parts yourself and ask them for a sum in lieu of repair (no write off) that you'll be happy with.
  • Counter propose a value based on similar age/mileage/condition (Dealer prices - there's a couple of nice expensive ones out there often get talked about on here) and same model & colour/paint type currently on offer on the market. And then down play the scrap value (easy - get a couple of quotes from local scrappies to pay you to come collect it themselves). Subtract average 'scrap' value from highest similar car value and ask for that as a sum in lieu of repair (no write-off).
Your main goal if keeping the car is to avoid a write-off of any description and get enough compensation to put the car back to how it was before the accident.

In a similar situation with a motorbike bump: I got them to pay for the independent motor engineer / valuer and had all the parts prices / quotes ready when he came round and had a really nice chat with him. Result? he agreed with me - no write off, Valuation as per, repairs as per ( which were about £700 on a £2,500 valuation) He actually spotted paint chips and minor dents in the tank that I hadn't and added a sum to get them repaired on top of my parts costs.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2017, 12:34   #58
Organiser
I really should get out more.......

ZT-T+180 Auto & ZT-T+1.8T in Trophy Blue, ZT-T CDTI+135 Auto in Ignition Blue, ZT-T+190 in Typhoon,

Rav,

They cannot write your car off unless you allow them too, it belongs to you not the insurance company!!

Ask for the repair costs as a cash settlement without it being written off as it was not your fault, then get the car repaired using secondhand panels and repainted in Typhoon.

It is a simple job to repair your car without any problem, we have just repaired a Jaguar S Type R with the same sort of damage that the insurance wanted to write off, all it needed was 10 mins with a hammer and dolly on the boot floor seam and a rear panel and bumper and job done!

Give me a call if you need a hand with it?

Tom.
Old 6th April 2017, 14:22   #59
Tenesmus
Loves to post

Rover 75 Tourer

When I was knocked off my motorbike the assessor included damage that was already there, I was offered a cash sum to repair it which I took and we went on holiday... don't think I spent any of it on the bike
2005 Connoisseur 2.5 auto SE Tourer in BRG with Sandstone Beige and Black piping interior (the 2nd of only 7 Rover 75s produced 5th November 2004, and it’s the 244th of 303 facelift British Racing Green 75 tourers built worldwide). All I've done is add Rover walnut gear knob and handbrake...

2016 Vauxhall Viva SL (Father Jack) "assisted manual" (auto) in purple. Going rusty underneath already...

Tenesmus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th April 2017, 18:31   #60
Ravinder
This is my second home

Thanks for the advise, everyone. It's appreciated.

The insurance people will call me tomorrow for an update to see what I want to do. My priority is to get the money I feel is what I deserve in order to try and get the car repaired and back on the road. I'd rather it not be written off if I can avoid it as this can affect a future sale, should I decide to move the car on. I've also had some fantastic advise from someone inside the trade. I am currently making my notes for tomorrow's phone call. It will be a lengthy one...

Royal Blue (JFM)