Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11th January 2015, 14:01   #1
Delirious
Avid contributor

MG ZT 190

Smile ZT V6 (Poor Running) Crankcase Breather / Intake Stripdown

hi guys , I'm Back On With Trying To Sort Out a problem I Have Had Now For 2 Years With No Success
Now some of you Know I've been quite Ill Over The Past Year and I've Not Been In a Position To Use The Car Never mind Fix it

Basically The Car Has a Very Low Level Misfire On Bank 1 across all 3 Cylinders, This is Only Seen By a T4 Which Bigruss was Kind Enough To Look at for me at a meet Back When I Had the Car but You Can feel The Misfire At idle and at around 1200rpm,its Underpowered, It Uses Way Too Much Fuel, I Get about 15-20 miles to a tenner, which varies dependant on journeys, but about 150-180 miles to a full tank. I have never managed 200 yet
I Do Not Get Any Kind of Fault Codes or EML
And its never got any better or any worse , its been constant from day 1

Nothing I've Done So Far Has Changed This Problem in anyway
Its had 5 Sets of plugs, coil Packs Changed, All Of The Intake manifold related gaskets and Rubber Seals replaced as we assumed an air leak but no change, Thermostat, Cam belts were Done By Andi Willi The Intake Manifold itself is in good nick no rattles, cleaned it out as well as the throttle you know all the usual suspects but no change
I checked for an Earth That Bigruss suggested and That is sound, engine loom wiring looking for corrosion etc, cant find anything out of place
so I've managed to get one of these Bluetooth readers and using the torque app I've got some o2 sensor reading id like you to look at
I don't know what they mean but I'm hoping one of you Super Humans will know and hopefully point me in the right direction
so here goes, these tested hot on idle only

02 sensor 1 bank 1 ranges from 0.08v to 0.825v(Constantly Changing)
Short Term Fuel Trim Ranges From 1.5%-4.6%

02 sensor 2 Bank 1 ranges from 0.2v to 0.4v (But This is Mainly 0.2)
Its Pretty Static)
Short Term Fuel Trim is -0.79 and this doesn't move at all

02 sensor 1 bank 2 ranges from 0.14v to 0.83v(Constantly Changing)
Short Term Fuel Trim Ranges From -13.29% to 7.6%

Now I've no idea what these What These Should Be So Any Help Would Be super, as I'm at a total loss as to what this problem is
If These Readings are Correct Then Suggestions as to What to look For Next are Very Welcome lol

Thanks Guys

Kev.......2005 MG ZT 190 Ignition Blue Lovin IT
Done So Far : Lower Engine Mount, Cam Belts And Water Pump, Thermostat, Coolant Temp Sensor, Intake Manifold Gasket F/B and Upper Seals, Crankcase Breather Pipework and Brass-t- Piece, Catchtank, Battery, Mg Rover Licence Plates, Led Number Plate Lights, Led Side Lights, White H7 Headlights,DD Unit, Painted Black Dash, Auto Boot Lift Mod.
Delirious is offline   Reply With Quote