Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 23rd March 2017, 11:43   #1
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Default Air con fan noise

Hello! I know I'm probably getting on everyones parts now, but I have another question to which I can't find an answer. Probably because I don't know how to phrase it nor what things are called!

Right. Here we go.

When I turn on the air con, the fan starts. I don't know if this is the main fan, a dedicated air con fan or what. But it seems rather noisy. When I turn the engine off, there is a short, few seconds overrun with the fan, which, when late at night, makes the noise of it more noticeable. I don't know if there are several fans or just the one, but is a noisy fan normal, or is it on its' way out, or has it already gone out, got it's coat and is hailing a taxi back home? It's being looked at tomorrow for the turbo lag / NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- thing, and I would like to know if I ought to get this looked at under warranty or if it's a nothing job, or if it's a major job. If the car has major issues, I can take the thing back as it is still covered under the garage warranty if it is going to die soon. But I've had the thing nearly a month now and it's getting close to no return!

Help!
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote