Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 11th March 2024, 06:27   #1
Rover_416

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Which switch-pack is correct for a LHD vehicle?

Dear forum members,

I hope you can help me with my problem.

Unfortunately the lumbar support can no longer be adjusted on the driver's side electric seat. I have taken the facade off of the side of the seat and can see that it is the plastic peg on the switch pack, which has snapped at its base. I have tried sticking it back in place with some strong adhesive, however this did not work.

I am now trying to buy a new switch pack, but I am not sure whether I can just purchase one from Rimmer Brothers and fit it.

According to their website, part number: YUB100940PUY is for RHD vehicles. If this part is used on both sides, however, then technically I should also be able to use it for my vehicle.

I would greatly appreciate any help or insight on this matter, so that I can resume enjoying this excellent machine! At the moment its like I'm driving in a half-eclined dentist's chair!

Regards,
Dan
Rover_416 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2024, 07:33   #2
Dorchester2
incurable Rover addict

Rover 75 Saloon V6 2.5 1999 - Rover 25 1.4 2002 - Rover 214i cab 1994 - Rover P5b coupe 1968

Hello Dan,
Some websites you may search into
Allbrit (Germany)
Damen & Kroes (Holland)
Oliveira & Valentim (Portugal)
I tried for you but to no avail for that piece: Switch pack-seat adjust driver.
Another solution would be going at a scrapper's but little chance you can find many in Switzerland (like me in France!).
I hope that in this club full of knowledge somebody may give you a solution.
I can't ascertain you that a RHD mechanism could be fitted in a LHD car.
Good luck.
Arnaud
  • This vehicle was the 2,032nd 75 in Atlantic Blue Pearlescent (code: JEY) to be made out of 2,572 Atlantic Blue Pearlescent 75s
Dorchester2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2024, 08:41   #3
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

I had a similar issue with that peg but on the passenger's side. I drilled a small hole in the peg and base, heated a stiff piece of wire (TIG welding wire) into the hole and the functionality was restored. I might also have added a drop of Gorilla Glue but as it was some years ago I can't really remember.

Good luck
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11th March 2024, 10:15   #4
vilas66
Avid contributor

Rover 75 CDTi Tourer, CDTi Tourer, Saloon

Speaking for the 8 way driver switch they are different (see picture attached).
I have two LHD vehicles and a RHD one for spares and they are different. Will have a look for You if someone is selling the LHD one, new or used, otherwise the scrapyard option but I doubt will sell the switch only.. let me see...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg switches.jpg (11.1 KB, 13 views)
Old 11th March 2024, 10:26   #5
vilas66
Avid contributor

One for You my friend...
https://ovoko.fr/chercher?q=JLT9058&...NjM2MC4wLjAuMA..

It seems in Lithuania but, no problem I used this site in the past and was Ok
Old 13th March 2024, 10:12   #6
Rover_416

Rover 75 Saloon

Wow, thanks for all of your help!

@vilas66

Thanks for finding me the part. I don't have seat memory on my car at the moment, but if I were to just fit this switch pack, would it then work? Would I be able to save my seating positions?

@vitesse

Thank you for your reply. If I can't get a replacement switch pack, then I will use your method and just fix it like you said. I remember fixing the fan switch on my 416 si auto, which was just three wires of varying diameter, and I was able to just solder a new bit of wire on! I like these simple fixes, so I will keep hold of it.

@Dorchester2

Thank you as well. I will contact Allbrit and ask them if the parts can be interchanged. I just wanted to know whether there are two types of switch pack, but sending them an email is no problem.

I will let you all know about any further developements.

Regards,
Dan
Old 14th March 2024, 17:30   #7
vilas66
Avid contributor

I suppose is not only the switch that you need for seat memory....

Last edited by vilas66; 14th March 2024 at 17:45..
vilas66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th March 2024, 11:02   #8
Rover_416

Rover 75 Saloon

Hello everyone.

A quick update on the situation.
After having done a lot of searching, I wasn't able to find the part I was looking for. I asked RimmerBros whether the part they had for sale would also fit my car, but they replied that it wouldn't.

AllBrit seemed to also not have the part I was looking for.

So in the end I just purchased an old chair valance complete with switch pack and switches. The only difference is, that this part has the memory buttons on it. I am not sure whether the memory will work (I highly doubt it, you most likely need different motors which can sense the position of the drive shaft etc...), but I quite certain that the switchpack will be able to control the lumbar and base adjustment of the driver's chair.

I have taken the 75 on a few trips now and I couldn't be happier with it. It is an absolute joy to drive, its quick (some times a bit too quick...) it gets good fuel economy on longer trips with the cruise control on, and it is soooooo comfortable!

Anyway, I'll post again as soon as the part has arrived.