Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 18th December 2011, 20:42   #1
listener
Regular poster

MG ZT-T 2005 CDTi 135

Default ZTT aerial Amp

So exactly were is the aerial amp on the ZTT, I have a 2005 reg ZTT and I have stripped both sides of the load space trim trying to find this ellusive component my thinking is now that it is in the headlining somewhere.

From what I can see there are 2 connections to the side window elements either side at roof level and from my understanding the n/s is for the TV and the o/s for the radio but where is the radio amp located ?

Incidently what got me started on this journey is changing the High line Sat Nav/ TV units out to fit a replacement all in one head unit but unfortunately radio reception is poor on the new unit so I am thinking I am not getting power to the amp, I have run a coax extension lead from the coax lead going into the old radio unit but I have this poor reception problem.

Can anybody advise me ?
listener is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2011, 20:49   #2
Jake
Banned

2004 75 Contemporary SE Tourer, 2005 (55) Pearl Black Conn. SE Tourer.

The amps are behind the headlining on either side. I believe TV are on the passenger side and radio are on the drivers side.

Do you have the part number of your radio module if you still have it by chance?

Cheers,

Jake
Jake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2011, 20:55   #3
listener
Regular poster

MG ZT-T 2005 CDTi 135

Thanks for the quick reply Jake.

I do not have the radio unit to hand as I was working on the car at a friends place, more room there, why do you ask would indicate what amp it was used with ?

Also is it a pain to get the headlining down as if it is I think I will go with a new aerial rather then risk damaging the headlining.
Old 18th December 2011, 21:37   #4
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

hi removing or least lowering it to get to the amps requires the following to be removed unscrewed.all the grab handles the sunvisors.interior lights rear luggage net brackets take of the a pillar trims b post trims etc then if you look in the back you will see the lining is held in with a clip in the middle unclip and down it comes enjoy
Old 18th December 2011, 21:45   #5
listener
Regular poster

MG ZT-T 2005 CDTi 135

Mmm...sounds like really fun job I am going to have to ponder on that, thanks suffolk boy.
Old 18th December 2011, 21:52   #6
suffolk boy
This is my second home

fiat panda

just a lot of screws thats all. needs to be lowered in one bit otherwise it will crease .
Old 18th December 2011, 22:23   #7
listener
Regular poster

MG ZT-T 2005 CDTi 135

Ok I will bear that in mind, I have to admit I am getting a little jaded working outside in this weather I am thinking this may be a job for the spring.

I read somewhere that the power to the amp is fed by a purple/yellow wire in the car side of the iso plug, I have traced this and it does go to the antenna power wire from the new head unit I am just a bit puzzled why am not getting a boosted signal from the coax as the original head unit's reception was better, maybe I am missing something somewhere
Old 19th December 2011, 20:28   #8
raykay
I really should get out more.......

Now Other Manufacturer

The amplifier in the saloon is behind the trim on the left hand 'D' post, it may be in a similar place in the tourer.
raykay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th December 2011, 20:40   #9
listener
Regular poster

MG ZT-T 2005 CDTi 135

Funnily enough I have a cd version of the workshop manual but rather annoyingly when it comes to this subject it only details the saloon which led me to start investigating rear door pillars and load space behind the trim.

I can tell you raykay with some conviction that the amp is not in these areas on the tourer, I wish it was, but in the roof atop the roof lining

Thank you for your post though.
Old 5th January 2012, 15:54   #10
Hainsie
Loves to post

MG ZTT CDTi 135+

I too am looking into where this amp is. I really hope its not behind the head lining as that doesn't sound a feasible job!

I have two aerials built into the rear loadspace glazing, (see pic) but only one is connected (assume its the radio). Can I use the spare on for TMC / DVB??