Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 28th June 2016, 14:41   #1
invoke-delight

Rover 75 Saloon

Default YORK 1.8P Auto R75 Needs TLC Spares/Repairs

Hi all, sadly time for me to sell my beloved Rover 75. If I can't find it a good home I'll SORN it and fix it up when I've got the cash spare.

Downsides (first, because they're what everyone's wondering): Needs new windscreen, it's got a honking great crack or scratch across it, I don't think it'll pass its MoT due to this, but I can't afford to take it to find out because my latest work contract's just ended. There may be other things it needs for MoT, I literally don't know, but it starts and drives every time. Underneath it looks like it got hit on speed bumps a few times in the past but whether it's cosmetic or functional damage I couldn't say.

Model: Rover 75 Saloon Automatic 1.8L Petrol
Colour: Pale blue
Engine size and type: 1.8 Petrol
Year of registration: 2002
Mileage: 133680

Tax and MoT expiry dates: Tax is monthly as per new government law. MoT expires 1st July 2016 (this Friday!! ) so you could drive it home this week if you're local.

Optional extras fitted: Electric windows (4), electric mirrors (don't always work), has a CD changer in the glovebox that a previous owner "fitted" (that doesn't work as far as I know), the normal radio does work, I can't remember but I don't think the CD player works. Lots of pockets and compartments.

Modifications: None. I have been draining the water next to the ECU and can provide new owner with the stick I've been using but I didn't get round to doing the mod.

Date of last service: Not sure. I've got full service history (14 years worth) as far as I know (might be one or two omissions), which makes for a LOT of paperwork. Looks like last service was June 2015, but he might have taken it between then and when he sold the car to me in December 2015.

Other known issues: When driving uphill, the gear doesn't always change up very quickly, so it has a bit of time where it over-revs. Its fuel consumption seems quite high too but I don't know whether that's normal for a 1.8 as I've never had another car with that big of an engine. It could do with a clean inside as it's full of bits of sawdust and outside as it's used daily.

Price I've listed on Gumtree is £400, but obviously I'm being optimistic and I'm open to offers but I'm not in a rush.

I'd like to know she's going to a good home, not being scrapped, she's a lovely car and deserves better than that, so I'm more flexible on price if you're someone who's been registered/posting on this forum.
If you're going via Gumtree and phoning, let me know you saw it on here

Bodywork is in very good condition there's one tiny (less than the size of a 5p coin) dint in the bumper, that's all.

Overall condition, with pictures for support:

Your location - just the town or city will suffice: York.

If you want to see the Gumtree listing (couple of different pics of interior - I can only put 7 on here??) its here: https://www.gumtree.com/p/rover/rove...een/1176092349

Note to mods: I've just paid for the year's subscription as I've been a free member since I got the car, hope there wasn't anything I needed to do to activate subscription before posting this thread, if so I'm very sorry and I'll fix it if you let me know.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg car pic2.jpg (20.1 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg car pic3.jpg (20.3 KB, 191 views)
File Type: jpg car pic4.jpg (20.1 KB, 190 views)
File Type: jpg car pic1.jpg (20.0 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg crack.jpg (17.3 KB, 192 views)
File Type: jpg car service hist.jpg (19.1 KB, 189 views)

Last edited by invoke-delight; 28th June 2016 at 14:45..
invoke-delight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th June 2016, 17:31   #2
invoke-delight

Rover 75 Saloon

It's now sold in just over 24 hours since I posted the ad, THANK YOU!
invoke-delight is offline   Reply With Quote