Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 21st January 2012, 21:10   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Primo 2

I had thought I had this working, but due to >my< confusion with the wrong SD card slot I was still on Primo 1.2

I have now, just got it working using Rotrex's Sugarsync file. I still have a lot to do to get it all working fully and as I want it, but it is quite a bit different to 1.2.

The User Profile settings do work in P2, but not in Rotrex's version without some help....

Rotrex's version has only one user configuration folder 01 Root\save\profiles\01

If you try to select Profle 02, it will then reboot Primo - fail to find Profile folder 02 and crash. Leaving you stuck in a rebooting loop, which you cannot break.

The fix is to copy the entire contents of folder 01, into a new folder called root\save\profiles\02 and 03, 04 and etc. to how ever many individual profiles you might need. Each profile can be configured differently and I assume your changes are stored when you exit. Which means you can have profiles with different languages, layouts and options. At least now there is a way to have a backup of your default settings, should they become corrupted.

I also suspect the folder numbers (01, 02) etc. can be changed into meaningful names.

All of the above needs to be double checked yet.

I wonder if the above issue might have been the reason why 1.2 would not save its conguration settings?

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 21st January 2012 at 21:22..
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd January 2012, 09:50   #2
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

All now checked and confirmed. You have a choice of four User Profiles, which you can give meaningful names via the DD, but you must set up the four separate profile folders as described above, by copying the entire contents of the 01 folder, into three more folders 02, 03, and 04. You could for instance call the profiles by four different drivers names, but the name is stored within the setup of the profile - the folder names stay unchanged as 01, 02, 03 and 04.

Any points of interest which you have added, are shared between all four of the User Profiles.

Speed of responce of Primo 2 to button presses is very, very much faster than 1.2 - it is almost instantaineous now, so well worth having for that alone. Using 1.2 I found myself waiting so long for a responce, I would be pressing the buttons a second and third times.

Change from one Profile to another and Primo will do a complete reboot, as I suppose you would expect.

Wonderful!

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 22nd January 2012 at 10:58..
Old 23rd January 2012, 13:34   #3
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Here is a new Sugarsync file, set up as above.

[EDIT] Link removed, new one below https://www.s

All seems to be working apart from one issue...

The announcements, or rather it crashes if you try to change the voice it uses for announcements. It complains about a US voice if you go into the configuration setting for voices.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 26th January 2012 at 08:22..
Old 23rd January 2012, 20:38   #4
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

A few of you have downloaded copies from the above link - I wonder if anyone might have worked out why it complains when you try to choice the voice?

Old 23rd January 2012, 20:54   #5
Parker
This is my second home

Jaguar XJ 3.0 V6 Auto (X350) & Hyundai Tuscon 2020

I plan to download and run this week, will report back. Thanks for the link, excellent

Parker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2012, 01:28   #6
Robson Rover Repair
NI/ROI RS

ZT-T 190 / 75 Diesel x3 / 6 door limo / 216 Cabby / Rover 25 van

Thanked 1,046 Times in 568 Posts

Are the maps updated or just the programme?
Robson Rover Repair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24th January 2012, 08:48   #7
Vic Small

Rover 75 CDTI Contemporary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_NI View Post
The maps are Q3 2011.
Old 24th January 2012, 08:49   #8
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin_NI View Post
It includes the latest version of both maps and Primo. So far I have only found one minor issue. It has an issue with selecting the voice - it is using the English UK voice, but I have not been able to change it to use TTS voices. I'm a bit out of my depth with it, but trying to find a fix.

Other than that, it is very much better than the older versions.

Old 24th January 2012, 10:04   #9
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Default The voice issue

As near as I can see, it is coming up with the following complaint:-

VOICE\v_eng.uk.f1.zip big_flag_gbr.bmp

If anyone has any suggestions for a fix...?

Once it comes up with that during trying to change the voice settings, it then has to reboot.

Last edited by HarryM1BYT; 24th January 2012 at 11:12..
Old 24th January 2012, 12:44   #10
Rev Jules
This is my second home

Rover 75 Tourer+

Thanked 3,929 Times in 2,051 Posts
Question gps

On My Radioguys unit does it really cover all those countries for travelling
just curious!!!

Julien
Rev Jules is offline   Reply With Quote