Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum > Sat Nav Hardware & Software > Double Din Navigation Systems
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 31st January 2016, 01:18   #1
shaun42

Rover 75 Connoisseur SE CDTi 2004

Default Wince install

Hi
I brought a nice used unit from Sean, and I have wired in the unit of sorts at the moment sometimes it powers on and I can play blutooth from iPhone.
This is no fault with the unit as I am only part way to installing properly.
With the kit came a loom with 2 iso plugs going to double iso, red socket separate that appears to have two pins in, with the wires cut flush, Sean tells me this is the steering control connection, but to where ? Does it go on the 3 multi coloured plug that came out of the original cr80 head unit.
Do I use the loom supplied and then plug the iso plugs from the car into that. At the moment the original plugs are in the new unit.
When I turn of the ignition the wipers wipe once, and also this may not be anything to do with the installation but have lost reversing lights.
Also something that is not helping is the previous owner installed a bury car phone cradle, and when removing there are all sorts of looms I have removed some that are obviously connected just to the cradle, but one left that has two iso leads also runs to a black box with telecom module printed on the side, not sure if this is part of the car or said cradle this loom intern connects to 2 more iso plugs brown and grey, are these the original iso and do I need to remove this unit and loom.
Help needed as with all this wiring I am not really sure what to do next.
Any advice much appreciated
Shaun
shaun42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2016, 09:38   #2
Polly
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT 260 SE, ZS120, ZR105

Oh dear, where have all the experts gone??? Only bit I know is that the red plug with two wires does go to the multi coloured plug. The reversing lights I think are fed from a small flat plug/socket with I think about four wires, usually tucked low down behind the heater controls, and at the right hand side, but unless you are fitting a reversing camera, don't know why you would touch this.
Polly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31st January 2016, 09:45   #3
Polly
Posted a thing or two

I also think the wiper and reverse issue has been discussed on the Navall 2 thread, from memory, and I can assure that it is not good, I think it is caused by the permanent live and switched live feeds being switched.
Old 31st January 2016, 18:40   #4
shaun42

Smile Wince install nearly there

Plugged the red socket on to the multi coloured plug, connected up gps, radio aerial plug now in with proper adapter. Connected back the massive wiring loom that I thought was part of the bury phone system back in and connected Sean's iso lead to that.
Turned on and fantastic all working as it should CD, Bluetooth, radio tuned, sat nav OK, even the wipers have stopped coming on when ignition switched off.
Only one problem left the steering controls not functioning, tried Programing from menu but still not working.
I have a feeling I need to splice some wires somewhere, any advice please, I know it's been covered somewhere in the forum but where.
Shaun
Old 31st January 2016, 22:11   #5
Polly
Posted a thing or two

I think in some cases, the SWC wires are included in the grey and brown Iso connectors, however if you already have the two wires in the multi colour plug, that should be all you need.
I'm assuming the multicolour plug was previously connect to your old unit? And I'm assuming too that you have attempted to assign a function to each button and then saved the settings.
Old 1st February 2016, 02:10   #6
shaun42

Default Swc

Thanks "Polly"
Sean's unit came with a new multi coloured plug with all the various phono type plug connectors on, this I put in the back of the unit.
The old multi coloured plug is not connected to anything and the green part of this plug does have 2 wires going in.
The kit came with a red socket not connected to anything with 2 wires cut of flush, this plug I fitted to the unconnected multicoloured plug, but is obviously not doing anything some how I assume it needs to be connected to unit.
It's probably been well covered in the forum, but if anyone can point me in the right direction concerning the connections, pics would be great, I would appreciate it very much.
Shaun
Old 1st February 2016, 09:24   #7
picky747
Gets stuck in

ROVER

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun42 View Post
Thanks "Polly"
The old multi coloured plug is not connected to anything and the green part of this plug does have 2 wires going in.

Shaun

The two wires in the multi coloured plug connect to the two wires on the red socket for the steering wheel controls to work.
picky747 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st February 2016, 09:44   #8
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Polly View Post
Oh dear, where have all the experts gone???
Err..........working doing installs

Just to add with the steering wheel control wires.

The green and black wire which have been snipped off the red connector need to connect to the blue/orange and blue/purple wires which are either in the multi colour connector or the ISO plug from the car.

It doesn't matter which goes to which but make sure they are taped up after splicing so they can't short against each other.

Hopefully you should be in business but if it's still not working you will need to program the controls .
Depending on which version WinCe you have these videos should help

http://youtu.be/K8ZDkQ12U_M

http://youtu.be/GyJedBg9g5o

Last edited by coolcat; 1st February 2016 at 10:14..
coolcat is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2nd February 2016, 09:02   #9
Polly
Posted a thing or two

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolcat View Post
Err..........working doing installs :

Sorry Jeff, that comment wasn't directed at you, 😳 or any one else for that matter.
I was simply making the point that whilst I appeared to be the only person available, there are several others far more knowledgable on the subject than I.
Unfortunately I still haven't quite got my head around that cut wire scenario, so could be of little help on that bit.
Reading between the lines, I'm thinking it's the radio link harness that needs modifying by bring the required wires out of the Iso plug, and into a new (supplied loose) red plug.
Old 2nd February 2016, 14:33   #10
shaun42

Default Red socket

Thanks everyone for our help
It looks like I have got to reconnect the black and green wires from the unit
Into the red socket where it looks like they were cut from originally, this will then plug onto the multi coloured plug in the car which has the blue/green, blue/purple wires going into the green block of the multi plug.
As the wires have been cut so close to the red plug, any one know how to remove the pins so I can resolver the wires back.
Thanks
Shaun

Last edited by shaun42; 2nd February 2016 at 14:35.. Reason: Wrong colour