Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12th January 2014, 20:13   #1
david75
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 V6 Conn SE, 04

Default chrome body trim question

Car I bought recently has a very wet boot.
I think I know where this is coming from. The chrome body trim is visibly sprung away from the car near the rear of the trim. See picture.

Today I checked this (also to try to see if there are leaks from anywhere else) by removing all the boot carpet, drying off all the puddles, covering the floor and sides of boot with newspaper, and then washing the car with hosepipe.

Afterwards, it was indeed the left part of the boot that had wet newspaper, so it looks as though the trim fixing is the (or at least the major) source of the leak.

Anway, on closer inspection of the trim (with trim still in situ) it appears that it has a black backing that presumably is meant to seal against the car, but has become delaminated (in the vicinity of the rearmost clip). You can just about see this in the picture. So I assume if I get a new bit of trim and install it properly, with some sealant on the backs of the clips just to make sure, that might cure the leak

So my question is:
How does the trim come off? pull? slide? something releases on the inside? I'm, not sure, so advice appreciated.

Last edited by david75; 12th January 2014 at 20:13.. Reason: spelling
david75 is offline   Reply With Quote