Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 5th May 2017, 21:05   #1
zony
Regular poster

MG ZT-T

Default MOT Pass

My ZTT passed it's annual stress test today, after first failing on emissions. Pass reading is 3 mine was 4.8. It was given a dose of diesel cleaner given a dam good thrashing at high revs on the local bypass for 15 mins returning a score of 1.8. Happy days. Only advisory was a front drop link, no movement but perished rubber. On the thrash run, air bag warning light came back on after seat was moved, but as he already passed that item and let it go. So another year of motoring after replacing:-

Fuel tank heat sheild
Rear back plates and shoes
Both rear hub bearings
ABS lead rear off side
Upper arm ball joint bush
Nearside front lower arm and bush (NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD-NAUGHTY WORD- job)
PAS return pipe repair with pipe and jubilee clips

I live on a lane with pot holes the size of rubbish skips and the suspension has definitely suffered this year. Rear subframe and arms need changing. Dropping undertray a load more rust on front subframe. It's never ending. I'm getting too old to crawl under the bus night after night. But I reckon I've saved it from the scrap man as there is no way I could afford to pay someone else to do it.
zony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2017, 21:17   #2
Madderz
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T

Great news
Madderz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th May 2017, 21:58   #3
oswestryalex
Loves to post

Rover 75 1.8T connoisseur saloon 2003 in blue , MG ZT 190+ 2003

I recognise the physical problems from my own 190+ saloon which needed a rear spring and lower support replaced for the MOT - state of roads on borders where I am is horrible too. And as these cars get older, we run into more problems of course... nice to drive, but the time might come...
oswestryalex is offline   Reply With Quote