Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Technology Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd June 2016, 08:19   #11
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kennyeth View Post
First Utility offered me one early in the year if I signed for a fixed term three year contract.
I was all for it until I read that Housing Associations and Council homes Etc were "barred"
You have to have to own your own home.
I guess that`s in case you move or croak the next tenant won`t have any tinterweb
Ken.
The internet is not a requirement of the Smart meter system. They transmit their data via the mobile phone network back to base, you would have an indoor display, plus the readings can be viewed directly on the actual meters.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26th June 2016, 22:34   #12
sparkx

Rover 75 Touring

Smart meters don't seem to work North of Inverness apparently.
sparkx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2016, 05:59   #13
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Thanked 1,308 Times in 998 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by HarryM1BYT View Post
The internet is not a requirement of the Smart meter system. They transmit their data via the mobile phone network back to base, you would have an indoor display, plus the readings can be viewed directly on the actual meters.
That explains that then Harry, I were wondering how they would route an cat5 cable around the home.
I have my appointment for late July, someone from Siemens will be fitting the new meter, I wonder if they are doing all smart meter fittings.
Ken.
Kennyeth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27th June 2016, 07:23   #14
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Quote:
That explains that then Harry, I were wondering how they would route an cat5 cable around the home.
I have my appointment for late July, someone from Siemens will be fitting the new meter, I wonder if they are doing all smart meter fittings.
Ken.
Which contractor installs the meters at individual addresses, depends on who you pay your bills to. I noticed G4S doing several of them in the street, but ours were installed by Trojan.

I was asked how often I wanted the readings, I ticked the 30 minutes box, but I'm not sure what the 30 minute affects. The online graphs minimum resolution is daily / weekly/ monthly consumption. The indoor display's best resolution is hourly consumption, with instantaneous updated readings every 10secs for leccy and it seems to be 10minute for gas. So where the 30 minutes comes into it I don't know.

The instantaneous 'analogue' gas consumption 'speedo' type dial, goes off the full scale at around 2KwH. My boiler uses around 25Kw on full bore, the gas ovens around 4Kw - there seems to be no way to adjust the full scale of either E or G. The red high gas consumption LED therefore comes on, any time gas is used, making it pretty useless. Likewise the E gauge never goes out of the extreme Economy range and always green.

Online, prior to the Smart Meters, it would offer a comparison of consumption compared to others with a similar house - but now that option has gone.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

Old 27th June 2016, 08:37   #15
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Quote:
Which contractor installs the meters at individual addresses, depends on who you pay your bills to. I noticed G4S doing several of them in the street, but ours were installed by Trojan.

I was asked how often I wanted the readings, I ticked the 30 minutes box, but I'm not sure what the 30 minute affects. The online graphs minimum resolution is daily / weekly/ monthly consumption. The indoor display's best resolution is hourly consumption, with instantaneous updated readings every 10secs for leccy and it seems to be 10minute for gas. So where the 30 minutes comes into it I don't know.

The instantaneous 'analogue' gas consumption 'speedo' type dial, goes off the full scale at around 2KwH. My boiler uses around 25Kw on full bore, the gas ovens around 4Kw - there seems to be no way to adjust the full scale of either E or G. The red high gas consumption LED therefore comes on, any time gas is used, making it pretty useless. Likewise the E gauge never goes out of the extreme Economy range and always green.

Online, prior to the Smart Meters, it would offer a comparison of consumption compared to others with a similar house - but now that option has gone.
Does it do Gas too Harry?
for the Electric I know I am going to shock (pardon pun) myself because I rarely bother about wasting (I know, shame on me) same with Gas.
Ken.
Old 28th June 2016, 18:01   #16
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

Quote:
Does it do Gas too Harry?
for the Electric I know I am going to shock (pardon pun) myself because I rarely bother about wasting (I know, shame on me) same with Gas.
Ken.
Yes, if you the Smart Meters on both the leccy and the gas, it logs and shows instantaneous consumption of both in Kw, pence per hour, CO2 as well as your current to date bill. Mine is sensitive enough to be able to show when a single gas ring is on low, or an LED lamp lit.

Old 29th June 2016, 05:00   #17
Kennyeth
This is my second home

No more Rover

Quote:
Yes, if you the Smart Meters on both the leccy and the gas, it logs and shows instantaneous consumption of both in Kw, pence per hour, CO2 as well as your current to date bill. Mine is sensitive enough to be able to show when a single gas ring is on low, or an LED lamp lit.
Great stuff, thanks for the details Harry.
I can foresee this making savings for both me and the planet
Ken.