Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 13th September 2015, 17:00   #1
Vinylwasp
Regular poster

MKII ZT-T 190+

Default 2006 ZT-T 190+ in Excellent Condition (Now asking £2500 o.n.o)

Now £2500

Hi everyone. I'm reluctantly going to sell my excellent condition ZT-T.
It's been my 'station car' for the last 15 months, but it looks like I'm changing jobs and need something that can do 300 miles a week a little more economically.

2006 ZT 190+ in X-Power Grey with 67,321 miles on the clock. 2 Keys.
Next MOT due 25/02/2016

DSC_0111 by vinylwasp, on Flickr

Purchased 21/06/2014 for £3650 at 64,898 miles with 3 previous owners and a new clutch fitted by the yard. (yes, some of us petrol-heads will pay that much for a good 190 ZT-T)

I bought her back home and quickly arranged for gazza190 (a club member and an AA Mechanic) to take a look at her and in July 2014 at 65,167 Miles she had: New Cam Belts x 3, Water Pump, Theremostat Kit, Oil (Full Syn), Plugs, Filters (incl Pollen), Plenums cleaned, New Anti-Freeze, Airbag connectors cleaned and checked - Vis Motors checked (OK) -- £460 (from memory, I have the work sheet but seem to have mislaid the bill, we can ask Gazza for it if necessary)

Also in July I decided the original wheels were looking a little tardy so I bought a nice set of refurbished Apex wheels from Kenton here on the forum for £450. I had a full set of Nokian zLine 225/45 R18 95Y XL fitted for £374.36 + £80 fitting. Plus new wheel center caps, new union jack badges and new grill badge for £68 (mgspares @ ebay).

Gazza had advised that the top breather pipe on the KV6 was cracked and that the bottom coolant pipe was a bit corroded, so after he finished the initial work, he sourced for me the last stainless steel lower coolant pipe from Rimmers and a new breather for £140. I would have gone back to Gazza to get them fitted but he's in Swindon and timing has never been right so they sat on a shelf in my garage for a while

When it was time for this year's MOT (Feb) I also had a full Bosch safety check performed, the Air-Con recharged and the Brake fluid replaced for £228. During the MOT (Feb 2015) they discovered a broken headlight which they glued back into place but advised that I replace it. 2nd hand one purchased from Trikey for £45. Around this time I also purchased a new set of car mats from Perrys for £48.

As she had to go back to have the headlight swapped out I also resolved to fix a rattle from the exhaust so I had her checked over and ordered a new Catalytic convertor and front pipe. £110.70

Then she went back to my top rated independent garage and had the Catalytic convertor, lower coolant pipe, breather pipe, 2nd hand Headlight and new rear control arms (£30) fitted for £409. In July I bought and fitted a new Sony head unit (with Bluetooth and USB, etc) for £98 and bought a set of mud flaps from radioman which I haven't had time to fit (see photos).

So I have a stamped log book, a large stack of receipts, and a damn near perfect ZT-T 190+.

The bad bits: See photos
Worn Driver's bolster: Not bad but frayed a bit on stiching (not cracked)
Scratch on bumber
Small dint in near side front door: Look carefully at photos
Lost the numeral 1 badges from the 190 on both sides. Did someone steal them?

Want to see more (most were taken today, check the dates):
http://bit.ly/1J5ULl0

The club price is £2500 for a quick sale before it goes on Car and Classic, etc

I have seen other 'good ones', even bought a 'good one' here on the forum a while back http://bit.ly/1J5UXRs for £1950 after travelling from Newbury to Scotland, which I evntually sold because it was very far from good and too hard to bring back from the brink IMO. To find this one I looked far and wide and have done everything it needs to maintain it since buying.

PM me if interested.
I'll take a £250 non-refundable deposit if anyone wants to hold her.

Chris

Last edited by Vinylwasp; 27th October 2015 at 20:16.. Reason: Updated with reduced price.
Vinylwasp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th September 2015, 20:44   #2
Vinylwasp
Regular poster

MKII ZT-T 190+

Bump.
One interested party so far, and thanks to everyone who has resisted sharing thier views on the price.
Old 10th October 2015, 10:13   #3
Vinylwasp
Regular poster

MKII ZT-T 190+

Bump.
Parked up with zero new miles since this post and still looking for the '1' badges before I really try to sell her.

Happy to take serious offers via PM.
Old 17th October 2015, 10:37   #4
Vinylwasp
Regular poster

MKII ZT-T 190+

I'm still trying to sort out the missing '1' badges but have bought another car so she's just parked up getting dirty and not being used.

Still taxed and paying Insurance so better she goes quickly.

Price now reduced to £2500. o.n.o
Old 27th October 2015, 20:16   #5
Vinylwasp
Regular poster

MKII ZT-T 190+

Purchased and replaced missing 190 badges from front wings.

Price still £2500
Old 27th October 2015, 20:24   #6
mac61
Loves to post

MG ZT 260

Default Advice

My advice to you is to place an advert on Ebay, I have just sold a 2005 ZTT 190+ 60,000 miles in superb condition on Ebay for a lot more than you are advertising on here.

Without a doubt this forum is very useful and the members always willing to help. Unfortunately in my humble opinion most forum members are looking for mint cars at the lowest possible price, and probably value yours at circa £2k

Put on Ebay at £3k with a best offer, post as many pics and a detailed description of work carried out I am sure that you will get at least £2500 probably more
mac61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th October 2015, 12:00   #7
coab
This is my second home

2007 57 GOLF GTi EDITION 30 DSG

Thanked 1,452 Times in 852 Posts

Totally agree with what he said! They want mint low miles for under £2k and its not going to happen. Stick it on the bay and you will move her on. £2995 asking price and then you have plenty of room to negotiate.
coab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd November 2015, 20:18   #8
Vinylwasp
Regular poster

MKII ZT-T 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac61 View Post
My advice to you is to place an advert on Ebay, I have just sold a 2005 ZTT 190+ 60,000 miles in superb condition on Ebay for a lot more than you are advertising on here.

Without a doubt this forum is very useful and the members always willing to help. Unfortunately in my humble opinion most forum members are looking for mint cars at the lowest possible price, and probably value yours at circa £2k

Put on Ebay at £3k with a best offer, post as many pics and a detailed description of work carried out I am sure that you will get at least £2500 probably more
Yes, totally agree. Now the badges are sorted I've put her on for £2795.
Old 6th November 2015, 08:58   #9
mac61
Loves to post

MG ZT 260

Did you manage to sell?
mac61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2015, 08:14   #10
Vinylwasp
Regular poster

MKII ZT-T 190+

Default Sold

Quote:
Originally Posted by mac61 View Post
Did you manage to sell?
3 days on eBay, and sold to a Club member.