Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 6th August 2014, 17:59   #1
T-Shirt
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie SE Auto Diesel Tourer + 75 Diesel Connie Saloon. Yamaha V-Star 1100 Motorbike

Default For Sale..2001 Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur Saloon *Withdrawn from sale*

I have regretfully decided to put my 2001 Rover 75 CDT Connoisseur Saloon up for sale.

MOT until September 27th 2014
Tax until end of September 2014

Leather heated front seats, Aircon.

It has a fuel burning heater, but I have never used it (dont know how to) so not sure if its working or not.

In the 3 years & 4 months it has been in my (& my wifes) ownership, I have spent a small fortune on it.

It has had a new clutch together with new slave & master cyclinders.
New wishbones & bushes.
New drop links.
New rear wheel bearings.
Plus other bits like brake pads etc.

It will come with a very good Pioneer head unit with a 12 CD changer in glove box, decent speakers & a sub in the boot.

Very recently (less than 500 miles ago) it had a complete new exhaust system with cat & less that 100 miles ago at great cost had a reconditioned alternator & 2 new Aux belts fitted.

18 months ago I had a recon steering rack fitted with new inner & outer track rod ends. A couple of months ago my wife was driving the car over a newly resurfaced road & lost all the power steering fluid, this was down to one of the gaiters coming off & allowing grit into the oil seal of the rack, so the car will need either a rack fitting or it might be possible to replace the seal while it is still on the car.

Due to personal circumstances, my dad passing away 18 months ago & trying to sort his house out to put up for sale & then my mum being ill for the last year & sadly passing away 3 weeks ago (another house I now have to sort out) I just dont have the time or inclination to fix the car myself or get anyone else to do it.

It runs & drives very well (before the steering rack went) the engine does not burn any oil between services (which I do myself) & has been very reliable.
The MAF is not connected but I do have a spare that I believe is fully working.

The condition is good with age related marks & when polished looks respectable, the rear bumper has a couple of cracks & a scuff done by a hit & run driver in a Sainsbury's car park. It needs a patch approx 12" long welding to the front of the driver side seal (other side looks fine)

I am asking £600 for it.

Thanks for looking.
Tony

P6 2200 TC
P6 3.5
216 Cabrio
820 Vitesse

Present motors:
Rover 75 Connie SE Auto Diesel Tourer
75 Diesel Connie Saloon.
Rover 75 Classic SE CDT Tourer (Swamp Thing)
Yamaha V-Star 1100 Motorbike

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Last edited by T-Shirt; 7th August 2014 at 16:39.. Reason: Added more photos
T-Shirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9th August 2014, 13:15   #2
T-Shirt
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Connie SE Auto Diesel Tourer + 75 Diesel Connie Saloon. Yamaha V-Star 1100 Motorbike

No interest in saving this car ?

I know that £600 might sound like a lot of money for a car that needs a steering rack & a bit of welding doing, but all the main work has been done. Seancar supplies racks for £35, so if you can do the job yourself, the car could be put back on the road very cheaply.

I know that you can buy a similar car off eBay for £300-£600 but chances are the clutch has just been bled to sell it & the exhaust will not be far from replacing, these 2 jobs alone would cost about £700.

I will hate to have to break this car for parts & would prefer to see it going to a loving home. Speaking from experience, I broke a Tourer a few months ago & I know I can get double what I am asking for it.
P6 2200 TC
P6 3.5
216 Cabrio
820 Vitesse

Present motors:
75 Diesel Connie Saloon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12th August 2014, 12:58   #3
T-Shirt
Gets stuck in

Still no interest, so with a heavy heart I have decided to break the car up for parts & the car is withdrawn from sale.

It is such a shame due to the amount of work & money that has been spent on this car but I need to recoup at least some of what I have spent on it & I'm afraid I am not giving it away.

Good luck to those who think you can get a £400 eBay bargain Connie diesel, because no doubt you will end up spending the same on it as I have (about £1500) & the car cost me £1500 in the first place.

Could a Mod please update the heading to Withdrawn from sale..Thanks.
P6 2200 TC
P6 3.5
216 Cabrio
820 Vitesse

Present motors:
75 Diesel Connie Saloon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Old 12th August 2014, 13:13   #4
robearner
Avid contributor

Rover 75

Red face

Tony,

Is your car currently drivable and would you be interested in taking an offer of about £400

Rob
robearner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th August 2014, 13:38   #5
T-Shirt
Gets stuck in

Hi Rob.

The car is (was) drivable & drove extremely well, but it used a hell of a lot of power steering fluid (1 litre to get my wife home 10 miles)

I have already started to take things off the car ie head unit, 12 CD changer & sub, plus other small items that are easy to remove such as sunvisors etc.

Many thanks for your offer though Rob.
P6 2200 TC
P6 3.5
216 Cabrio
820 Vitesse

Present motors:
75 Diesel Connie Saloon.

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]