Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 17th March 2013, 14:42   #1
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts
Default suggesting a modification

I don't know enough about all the models but this is certainly one for the CDT and I would expect it to be common to other models such as the CDTI.
The Bellows!
They are secured at the front to the slam panel by 3 bolts. The bolts go through the slam panel and into a rubber grommet that is in the Bellow. Within the grommet is a round nut that the bolt goes into.
When tightened the grommet is being forced though the Bellow. I'm not sure how this is being done but the hole for the grommet gets enlarged allowing the grommet to drop through.
My suggestion even if the problem has already happened is to remove the Bellow, bolt and grommet. Remove the nut from within the grommet. Now slide a thin washer onto the grommet. Reinsert the nut in to just the very end of the grommet. Hold another washer onto the underside of the Bellow and reinsert grommet into Bellow and this second washer. Getting the grommet into the washers should be a tight fit as the washers have to go over a hump halfway up the grommet. Screw the bolt in a few turns into the nut and then pull the bolt so the nut is pulled up into the grommet. Remove bolt, re fit Bellow and bolts.

Hope this makes sense.
I have added a few pictures. I have glued a home made washer to the underside of the centre fixing. For the left ad right fixing you have have to make up angled washers as they are so close to the edge. I have shown this i one of the pictures

macafee2

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Bellow.jpg (131.2 KB, 96 views)
File Type: jpg Bellow 2.jpg (59.6 KB, 88 views)
File Type: jpg Bellow 1.jpg (124.6 KB, 86 views)
File Type: jpg Nut & Grommett.jpg (97.1 KB, 81 views)

Last edited by Dragrad; 19th March 2013 at 23:53.. Reason: Thumbnails enlarged
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2013, 14:45   #2
Kiltman
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT CDTi 135 / Rover 75 Club SE 160

Bellows, what bellows? (From someone whose done the completely useless air intake mod!)
Kiltman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2013, 15:41   #3
wuzerk
Passed Away

Rover 75 CDT 03 auto Conn. SE

Default Bellows

A sensible suggestion but, in my experience, the main problem is that the three screws sieze up and cannot be unscrewed.( I had to drill the heads of of mine). It is worth noting that the standard plastic number plate screws are a perfect fit.
wuzerk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17th March 2013, 16:35   #4
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

No fixings in mine at all, but it doesn't need any coz it can't go anywhere innit...
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote