Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Touring Boating Camping & Caravan Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 22nd February 2013, 17:08   #1
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts
Default Free internet access mobile

I already had a Voda dongle and a sim with data credit on it, with no limits as to when it has to be used by - perfect for use when away in the caravan, but a couple of weeks ago I came across a free mobile data system and could not resist....

Its called SambaMobile and I thought others might be interested. You simply watch youtube type ads, via your home broadband seems to work best. for each of their offered ads you watch, you gain 3.5Mb of data access via their sim - except you do not actually have to watch them - so long as you click on them to start them and again to accept the credit. The sim is piggy backed on the Three Network and you get the identical service to other Three customers.

All you do is buy one of their sims at £5, though you can pay only a £1 with a promotion code of 'BG1' delivered - assuming you have a suitable for Three dongle. Mine wwas locked to Voda, but I used some free software to unlock it. From 4th Feb until today 22nd, I've gained 1,261Mb's worth of data usage, simply by logging in twice a day and starting off the watching the ads. I would normaly use around 2/300Mb's worth of data whilst away for a couple of weeks in the caravan and I have around 2 or 3Gb's worth of data credit on my Voda sim, but this system gives me an alternative for access for when Voda is not available.

There are no restrictions as to what you put the sim into, it works in a dongle, phone, or myfi thingummy - but you cannot use it for voice or texts.

They do suggest that watching the ads via your mobile connection is not charged against your credit, so you should be able to top your credit up via the ads whilst on the move - but it didn't seem to work that way when I tried it briefly.

If anyone feels the need to try it, I'm not too bothered - but I can get a small referal fee if you sign up (order a sim) via me.

Of course the whole scheme might fold tomorrow and the credit be lost, who knows, but it has been running since last May.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote