Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 15th October 2014, 11:11   #1
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Thanked 2,428 Times in 1,301 Posts
Default Video credit intro......

Inspired in no small way by Gate Keeper's video intro's I've had a play with Vegas 11

J1MBO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15th October 2014, 11:13   #2
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Very impressive.

233,509. Thats our 3rd meet done. Might go again next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2014, 08:05   #3
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLYING BANANA View Post
Very impressive.
Thanks Bob .
Old 16th October 2014, 10:32   #4
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1MBO View Post
Thanks Bob .

Good morning Jim, I have not been able to access the video via Mac OS X and it is a real shame that Vegas is not compatible as it has had excellent reviews on the GoPro camera forum for its ease of use and effects. How do you find it?
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16th October 2014, 13:05   #5
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
Good morning Jim, I have not been able to access the video via Mac OS X and it is a real shame that Vegas is not compatible as it has had excellent reviews on the GoPro camera forum for its ease of use and effects. How do you find it?
Good afternoon Phil

Can't understand why you can't view the video as it's being hosted via You Tube. I uploaded it as a 1440x1080x32,29.970i HD MP4 and You Tube will have subsequently converted it to their normal broadcast standard.

I've been using Sony Vegas for a good number of years, basically after getting fed up with the limitations of Windows Movie Maker, find it easy enough to work with but it can be a bit labour intensive dependant on the effect being used and how many tracks you are working with in the timeline. Imho it's a lot easier to use than say the likes of Photoshop or GIMP which I seriously struggle with.

As the price of Sony software is a bit rich for me, plus being a bit of a cheapskate, I'm currently using Vegas Movie Studio HD 11 purchased on a special offer upgrade some years ago, would love the pro version of 11, 12 or of the latest version 13 as there's many more editing features available.

Sony have various online trial downloads available

http://www.sonycreativesoftware.com/vegassoftware

from memory I seem to think it's for a month, why not give it a try and see what you think.
Old 16th October 2014, 13:17   #6
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Given what you have said Jim, the problem is this end. Our wifi data ran out and I think that is why I could not view it. I am going out shortly to buy some data. I will try later and look at the links you have suggested. Thank you for doing that. I have something called photoshop PS touch and Lightroom. Both have tutorials for photo editing but it is step by step and time consuming.

One of the problems I have is finding copy right free music to back the videos I want to do. I have done 22 short videos using the ones which comes with imovie but I want to make a break from that format. Even when I have bought and downloaded the artist, a message comes up to say it is protected. Can you please advise?
Old 16th October 2014, 13:58   #7
J1MBO
This is my second home

Roverless & now carless

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
One of the problems I have is finding copy right free music to back the videos I want to do. I have done 22 short videos using the ones which comes with imovie but I want to make a break from that format. Even when I have bought and downloaded the artist, a message comes up to say it is protected. Can you please advise?
It's possible to use music that's available on either iTunes or Google play, however and it's a big however, you have to declare this fact when uploading your video to You Tube, your video will then have the notation on it of the artists name and that the music is available via iTunes/Google Play, plus it will have adverts within the body of the screen.

For a lot of my background music I use tracks from jewelbeat.com they are all royalty free and were originally free of charge, however they now apply a download charge of between 99c to $2.99.

There's several other royalty free music sites, a search through the internet or even You Tube will find them, however many of them state if you "monetize" your video's (receive payment from You Tube to allow adverts on your video channel) you need to make some sort of payment, normally a percentage to a charity.
Old 18th October 2014, 01:50   #8
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1MBO View Post
It's possible to use music that's available on either iTunes or Google play, however and it's a big however, you have to declare this fact when uploading your video to You Tube, your video will then have the notation on it of the artists name and that the music is available via iTunes/Google Play, plus it will have adverts within the body of the screen.

For a lot of my background music I use tracks from jewelbeat.com they are all royalty free and were originally free of charge, however they now apply a download charge of between 99c to $2.99.

There's several other royalty free music sites, a search through the internet or even You Tube will find them, however many of them state if you "monetize" your video's (receive payment from You Tube to allow adverts on your video channel) you need to make some sort of payment, normally a percentage to a charity.
Thank you Jim for the links and for explaining things. I will have a closer look at Jewel Beat for audio. I checked out Sony Vegas and the monthly trials you wrote about I am going to have to wait until my laptop has been repaired as the tablet I am using is not able to cope with the Vegas specs and size of the trals. Vegas Pro 13 is predominantly for Windows but the spec says it can be viewed on mac O SX. For mac users there is Final Cut, but for the likes of myself it is prohibitively expensive. Thanks Jim for getting back to me.
Old 18th October 2014, 02:22   #9
James.uk
Passed Away

2002 Pale Blue. Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur auto. 170K miles

Whatever methods you lads choose, you always make very watchable videos.

Thank you both...
James.uk is offline   Reply With Quote