Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The Chinese Cars - MG7 and Roewe 750 > NAC & SAIC
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18th December 2021, 16:28   #141
Lancpudn
This is my second home
 
Lancpudn's Avatar
 
MG ZS EV

Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 15,377
Thanks: 4,591
Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts
Default

I got my letter today to book the MG in for it's first service, Not sure I want them to change any of the software that's installed in it as it's running brilliant.


@Simondi Did you have your first service on yours? I know you got your MG just before I got mine. Did they change anything on the software side of yours? & more importantly did you get your free MG teddy bear?
__________________


Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2021, 16:44   #142
guru
Posted a thing or two
 
MG ZT, Rover Sterling, MG ZS EV & BMW X5

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Norfolk Broads
Posts: 1,491
Thanks: 20
Thanked 196 Times in 117 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
I got my letter today to book the MG in for it's first service, Not sure I want them to change any of the software that's installed in it as it's running brilliant.


@Simondi Did you have your first service on yours? I know you got your MG just before I got mine. Did they change anything on the software side of yours? & more importantly did you get your free MG teddy bear?
The latest software is pretty stable, ours has been fully updated and is much better for it. MG will insist on updating the software and refusing this could invalidate your warranty as some of the updates protect the battery and drivetrain from potential damage.

Not sure about Simondi but we got the MG teddy on our first service
__________________
My car history http://m6jkk.com
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2021, 16:49   #143
Lancpudn
This is my second home
 
Lancpudn's Avatar
 
MG ZS EV

Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 15,377
Thanks: 4,591
Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
The latest software is pretty stable, ours has been fully updated and is much better for it. MG will insist on updating the software and refusing this could invalidate your warranty as some of the updates protect the battery and drivetrain from potential damage.

Not sure about Simondi but we got the MG teddy on our first service

I was afraid of that if I didn't get the new software updates, I'm one to leave well alone if it's running OK. Still not sorted out our Octopus electricity account from Avro energy yet!!!! They're still waiting on Avro energy to send them the final bill.
__________________


Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2021, 17:11   #144
guru
Posted a thing or two
 
MG ZT, Rover Sterling, MG ZS EV & BMW X5

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Norfolk Broads
Posts: 1,491
Thanks: 20
Thanked 196 Times in 117 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
I was afraid of that if I didn't get the new software updates, I'm one to leave well alone if it's running OK. Still not sorted out our Octopus electricity account from Avro energy yet!!!! They're still waiting on Avro energy to send them the final bill.
I wouldn't worry too much. The updates do bring a few benefits such as being able to regen whilst fully charged and they also reduce the battery pack voltage slightly which should increase the life of the pack. There's also some safety updates such as the main fuse update which resolves a problem where the big fuse in the battery pack could blow leaving the car without power.
If you haven't had it also really recommend the comfort 2 update which removes many of the annoying bongs etc and improves the various displays.
__________________
My car history http://m6jkk.com
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2021, 17:28   #145
Lancpudn
This is my second home
 
Lancpudn's Avatar
 
MG ZS EV

Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 15,377
Thanks: 4,591
Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
I wouldn't worry too much. The updates do bring a few benefits such as being able to regen whilst fully charged and they also reduce the battery pack voltage slightly which should increase the life of the pack. There's also some safety updates such as the main fuse update which resolves a problem where the big fuse in the battery pack could blow leaving the car without power.
If you haven't had it also really recommend the comfort 2 update which removes many of the annoying bongs etc and improves the various displays.

Mine came with only part of the Comfort two update with no warning bongs, It's still on the original 455v software.
__________________


Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18th December 2021, 18:34   #146
guru
Posted a thing or two
 
MG ZT, Rover Sterling, MG ZS EV & BMW X5

Join Date: Nov 2010
Location: The Norfolk Broads
Posts: 1,491
Thanks: 20
Thanked 196 Times in 117 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Mine came with only part of the Comfort two update with no warning bongs, It's still on the original 455v software.
Odd they only did part of it, sounds like they didn't apply the USB part for some reason. Biggest changes are temp display on the main screen and permanent range displayed on the cluster both of which are very useful.
__________________
My car history http://m6jkk.com
guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th December 2021, 11:26   #147
Lancpudn
This is my second home
 
Lancpudn's Avatar
 
MG ZS EV

Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 15,377
Thanks: 4,591
Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by guru View Post
Odd they only did part of it, sounds like they didn't apply the USB part for some reason. Biggest changes are temp display on the main screen and permanent range displayed on the cluster both of which are very useful.

From what I've been reading quite a few people have only had part of the comfort 2 software update, It's booked in for this Wednesday down at Wigan MG so I'll make a note of the software/BMS version I have installed in the menu.
__________________


Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22nd December 2021, 18:24   #148
Lancpudn
This is my second home
 
Lancpudn's Avatar
 
MG ZS EV

Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 15,377
Thanks: 4,591
Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
From what I've been reading quite a few people have only had part of the comfort 2 software update, It's booked in for this Wednesday down at Wigan MG so I'll make a note of the software/BMS version I have installed in the menu.

Well after the service it looks like I've still not had the full comfort 2 software update as when I plugged it in to charge after arriving home it still has to have the doors locked before it will initiate a charge. I thought the full comfort 2 update allowed charging whether locked or unlocked.


I was going to ask the MG technician what software updates they carried out but by the time I got back to the dealership to collect it he had gone.
__________________


Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2021, 14:50   #149
Lancpudn
This is my second home
 
Lancpudn's Avatar
 
MG ZS EV

Join Date: Oct 2015
Location: Lancashire
Posts: 15,377
Thanks: 4,591
Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts
Default

Just got around to charging it to 100% & it didn't get any software updates as it's still on the original 455v software!!!

Seems a bit strange as everyone else who had their first service has been updated to the full Comfort 2 update


I didn't get the 'First service MG Teddy bear' either

I connected up the bluetooth OBD scanner to my phone & took a screenshot.


__________________


Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28th December 2021, 17:01   #150
Simondi
Regional Secretary
 
Simondi's Avatar
 
MGTF, MG ZS EV Exclusive

Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Kilwinning
Posts: 14,045
Thanks: 1,460
Thanked 3,563 Times in 1,857 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Just got around to charging it to 100% & it didn't get any software updates as it's still on the original 455v software!!!

Seems a bit strange as everyone else who had their first service has been updated to the full Comfort 2 update


I didn't get the 'First service MG Teddy bear' either

I connected up the bluetooth OBD scanner to my phone & took a screenshot.


Just had mine serviced, they did the update on the stereo bit not the battery so ours still shows 455v.
That said it's running really well
Simondi is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 15:51.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright © 2006-2023, The Rover 75 & MG ZT Owners Club Ltd