Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 23rd September 2014, 21:08   #1
d_a_n1979
Banned

2004 MG ZT-T 190+

Default FOR SALE: 2000 X reg BMW E38 728i - Aspensilber Metallic **SOLD**

I know it's not an MG but thought I'd list this on here seeing as I'm looking for a ZT/ZT-T 190

Forum link: http://www.bmwland.co.uk/forums/view...p?f=8&t=165227

I’m looking to sell my 2000 X registration BMW E38 728i in Aspensilber Metallic

It’s taxed until Jan 2015 and the MOT is due in June 2015. Car comes with 3 original keys (one just simply a key; the other 2 the original central locking fobs. The BMW is in very good condition indeed. I’ve owned since September 2012 when I bought it at just under 100k miles! It’s just rolled over 108k miles so you can see I've not done a lot of mileage in the car at all! The mileage may go up slightly, but not by a lot as I work from home!

It’s had, since I bought it (just an idea of the work I’ve done):

- x4 oil and oil filter changes with Fuchs 5W40 and BMW oil filter (via Opie Oils)
- Rocker cover gasket and spark plug gaskets replaced - New OEM spec radiator and expansion bottle sourced from General Traffic
- All new suspension arms fitted all round including the essential front & rear UPPER arms, which can cause a shimmy around 50-60mph when they’re worn!
- x6 new NGK iridium spark plugs - New in/under bonnet micro filters - Full air con re-gas (it’s still brilliantly cold) - Brand new bulbs all round, including LED front sidelights & silver indicator lights (front and side repeaters) & LED rear number plate lights
- Number plates are pressed aluminium and they're in BMW MSport surrounds which look a lot better than the plates just being stuck on the car
- HEL stainless braided brake lines with new DOT4 brake fluid
- Brand new Brembo brake discs and pads all round (front & rear); brake pads are EBC Red Stuff up front and standard on the rear
- Fully refurbished in ‘sparkle silver’ Style 32 alloys wheels; correct 8J & 9J staggered fitment with Continental ContactSport 3 255/45/18 (around 3mm tread left) at the rear and Kumho KU39 235/50/18 (around 6mm tread left) tyres up front. The alloys were acid dipped, shot blasted, powder coated and had a ‘sparkle’ lacquer to finish them. However, these were done nearly 2 years ago and even though the alloys are not curbed in any way; the lacquer has started to pit and bubble slightly on the inside-face of the alloys which can be seen if you look for it but as you stand and look at the alloys; you cannot see this issue and they look superb still and clean up fantastically!
- New throttle/intake pipe from the air intake box (genuine BMW) as there was a tiny split in the original one so decided to change it, as it was only £35! Wasn’t causing any issues; just peace of mind!

Suspension upgrades: I have also in the last month or so fitted a brand new set of BC coilovers to the car. I wanted to fit these as even though I had more or less brand new OEM spec suspension on the car; the ride height and wheel/arch gap was unsightly to me. The car has been lowered around 30mm all round which you can see in the pictures. It has no issues getting over speed-bumps and doesn’t ‘ground out’ at all The coilovers are superb and the dampening rate is set perfectly so that the car rides just slightly harder than OEM suspension but there is now no body roll, the car handles superbly and like it’s on rails! It still maintains is comfort factor and glides along roads brilliantly The car will come with the necessary ‘C spanners’ and dampening rate adjustment tools.

Link for more details on the coilovers: http://www.bc-racing.co.uk/applicati...type-ra-1.html

Service and work history: It had a partial service history (stamped book) when I purchased it. When I bought it, I verified its miles by doing a search on the VOSA MOT website and printed all the MOT’s off to show mileage was correct. A full HPI check was also carried out and gave a full clean bill of health (finance/damage wise etc…). It is still HPI clear! There are also quite a few receipts from the previous owners and the original leather bound folder that came with the car with the manuals and I’ve kept more or less every receipt of the parts I’ve bought and fitted over the 2 years of ownership

Interior & electrics: I’ve upgraded the head-unit to a Kenwood CD/USB/Aux head-unit as the OEM tape player head unit didn’t work, but when I removed it, it wasn’t working correctly so it’ll come with the car but I cannot guarantee it will work (not that you’d want to re-install it)! Having done this the MID unit doesn't do much now; it was mainly used to display the radio functions, but again as I didn't utilise the patch lead it's redundant and doesn't affect anything. The electric (front only) seats all work as they should and are in very good condition, the memory fuction works as it should controlling the steering wheel, seat placement and both wing-mirros. You can have settings for up to 3 people.

There are signs of wear to the seats as you'd expect, but no tears or rips (there are scuffs and scratches) but the leather is in superb condition and I’ve kept it clean and leather conditioned (Maguiares leather cleaner and conditioner) on more or less a weekly basis!

All windows work fine as do all the interior lights and switches. The steering wheel buttons all work apart from the volume buttons for the stereo as I didn’t utilise a patch lead to enable this; it’s never bothered me.

The car also comes with the Motorola V50 in-car mobile phone which is a proper mobile phone and not hard-wired. It’s unlocked as far as I'm aware so you can use any SIM card in it on any network (I just use GiffGaff). It’s a great device to have and the buttons all work on the steering wheel for taking & making hands-free calls. The phone also has the genuine BMW software so the phone shuts down & turns on when you start/stop the car and doesn’t drain the battery like the non-genuine phones can! There is a massive amount of room in these; I’m 6ft 4 and around 21 stone and there is so much room I’ve never struggled to get people in the car behind me.

The boot is cavernous also; it has a universal liner cut to size and it has the BMW elastic straps on the boot floor also!

It has fully working parking sensors both up front and at the rear. The passenger side mirror also dips when you change into reverse so you can see the curb line as to not scuff your wheels! A great idea!

Bodywork: The bodywork is very good indeed, but it is now a 14-year-old car and unfortunately there are some tiny bubbles appearing on the paintwork around the front & rear arches and also in other spots. These aren’t rusty and still under the paint. Unfortunately, it’s where the water sits when it’s either rained or it’s been washed and there’s not a lot that can be done. I decided not to get them sorted, as I’ll end up chasing my tail so to speak; if I start I’ll never stop! There are stone chips to the front of the bonnet and bumper The car cleans up very well indeed and still has a great shine to it. I’ve washed and Auto Glum 'aqua-wax'ed it more or less every week, if not every 2 weeks! There are hardly any parking dents on the car and even I’d have to look for them to point them out! There's a bit of lacquer bloom on the drivers side front wing and passenger side rear wing; it's not easy to see and you certainly can't see it when you look at the car. You need to crouch down and look at it at the right angle to pick it up... A professional polish would probably remove this; I've had it before with darker cars I've previously owned and on a silver MG ZT I had a few years ago!

Engine & gearbox: The 728i has the 5-speed automatic gearbox, which is sealed and requires little maintenance. It works superbly & very smooth indeed; kick-down is precise as is each gear change. (S) Sport mode works superbly and you are also able to select gears 1 to 5 'manually' which means if required (i.e. icy/snowy conditions) you can select 2nd to aid better traction and set off easier etc... There are no clunks with the gearbox and no issues with it selecting gears; it’s very smooth indeed! The engine has been well looked after with plenty of oil & oil filter changes. It’s had brand new spark plugs as well as the rocker cover and spark-plug cover gaskets replaced I made my own cold air intake using a reducing silicone elbow pipe connected to an ITG foam filter which is fitted with it’s ‘nose’ into the OEM cold air pipe in the wing. I still have the OEM box which has a K&N filter in it and this will come with the car

A few points:

• No spare wheel; I just have a specific BMW in-car tyre inflator and 'tyre weld' kit
  • The OEM first aid kit is fully unopened and intact in the middle of the upper rear seat
  • The boot has a soft open & close system but it's not one that opens all the way up; just pops it open and pulls it shut
  • All exterior lights (door handles) work fine and all light up when you unlock the car (interior lights also light up)
  • The key fob allows you to open and close the windows by pressing the unlock/lock buttons and holding them down
  • The factory alarm is fully functional as to be expected

I’ve spent a lot of £££ on the car keeping it maintained to its high standard and I know for a fact it’ll give the next owner a huge grin when driving it and knowing you own a very good 7 series BMW!

There will be bits I’ve missed so please feel free to send me a message and ask questions

Price: £2100.00 OR NEAR OFFER. I'm willing to hear sensible offers, as I’d like to get this sorted sooner rather than later. I think this is a very fair price as the car wants for nothing and is literally ready to be driven away! Please, NO LOW BALL/STUPID OFFERS

This is a CASH ON COLLECTION sale ONLY The car will be SOLD AS SEEN; I do not offer any warranty whatsoever. This is a private sale!

Located just on the outskirts of Preston, Lancashire. I'm more than happy to collect anyone who wants to view the car and travels to collect via the trains etc…

To test drive the car you MUST have a full UK license, full comprehensive insurance cover etc... Without these you will NOT be able to drive the car, but I'm more than happy to take you out for the test drive

Also the UK car tax is changing as well all know so this is a worthy read: http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/car-new...hey-affect-you

Pictures:

As it was before the suspension upgrade:

Now:

The BC coilover suspension & 12mm spacers all round (with brand new wheel bolts):

Being set-up properly (ride height, camber, tow and some weighting):

Engine bay (please note the Ultra Racing strut brace is no longer on the car):

Upgraded Kenwood head-unit (speakers are still OEM but sound superb now they've got decent amplification):

Paperwork & keys:

Full tool-kit:

18month old battery:

Interior:

Last edited by d_a_n1979; 28th September 2014 at 08:14..
d_a_n1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2014, 09:49   #2
Astraeus
Regional Secretary North Scotland

MG ZS Exclusive 1.0T Auto 2022

Thanked 1,855 Times in 1,058 Posts

Very nice car mate.

Good luck with the sale.

Chris
Astraeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2014, 12:16   #3
milleplod
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 2.5 Saloon

What a cracking motor! And, might I add, an absolutely superb ad - they should all be like it!

Good luck with the sale.

Pete
Old 25th September 2014, 14:07   #4
d_a_n1979
Banned

2004 MG ZT-T 190+

Thanks for the comments

I've got it listed all over the show; lots of views but little serious interest

Had plenty of Muppets asking me about their car though, and how I can advise them to make it better; how the mods I've done are etc... Oh, and plenty of stupid, low-ball offers etc...
Old 28th September 2014, 08:15   #5
d_a_n1979
Banned

2004 MG ZT-T 190+

Price changed and lowered

Happy to listen to sensible offers as I've found a few cars I'm interested in
Old 29th September 2014, 20:00   #6
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

Hmm, ive been after a nice E38 for quite some time.
All I have is my Celestial 190
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th September 2014, 20:23   #7
d_a_n1979
Banned

2004 MG ZT-T 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonite View Post
Hmm, ive been after a nice E38 for quite some time.
All I have is my Celestial 190
Hmmm...

What you suggesting?!
Old 29th September 2014, 22:23   #8
Canonite
This is my second home

BMW 330d Tourer, MG ZT 180 SE XPG, VW Polo 6R 1.2 TDI Bluemotion

Quote:
Originally Posted by d_a_n1979 View Post
Hmmm...

What you suggesting?!
Would you be interested in a Celestial 190?
Canonite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th September 2014, 08:00   #9
d_a_n1979
Banned

2004 MG ZT-T 190+

Quote:
Originally Posted by Canonite View Post
Would you be interested in a Celestial 190?
I could be; what's the mileage and history on the car

Feel free to PM me if you prefer
Old 2nd October 2014, 11:42   #10
Paul_T
Regular poster

MG ZT 260

Would you think about putting money in with your car? I quite like this and have a ZT260 which is up for sale atm...
Paul_T is offline   Reply With Quote