Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Technical Help Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 3rd July 2016, 12:13   #1
AndyAitch
Avid contributor

ZT 190SE (sold :( )

Default ECU Advice needed...

I've found a ZT CDTi that has had the dreaded flood and is now sitting outside a garage doing nothing. It's been there for about 4 months. I asked the guy at the garage who's it was and he said 'yours if you want it'. He's told me I can have it for not a lot of money. It's in good condition but it's had the ECU flooded. My question is :

The ECU in there is the NNN500340, is it interchangable with the NNN100692?

I know I need the transponder and EWS as well, I've been offered the bits for £75 but it's the 100692 ECU..

Ta (as ever )
AndyAitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3rd July 2016, 13:30   #2
klarzy
This is my second home

none but not gone

Thanked 4,247 Times in 3,025 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAitch View Post
I've found a ZT CDTi that has had the dreaded flood and is now sitting outside a garage doing nothing. It's been there for about 4 months. I asked the guy at the garage who's it was and he said 'yours if you want it'. He's told me I can have it for not a lot of money. It's in good condition but it's had the ECU flooded. My question is :

I know I need the transponder and EWS as well, I've been offered the bits for £75 but it's the 100692 ECU..

Ta (as ever )

Just buy it and send the ECU to Marinabrian by post, he will most likely be able to return a new one to you containing all of the cars details ready to plug in and go...
Old 3rd July 2016, 17:30   #3
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyAitch View Post

Ta (as ever )
Nope Andy, the NNN100692 is not a direct replacement for an NNN500340.

If you need an NNN500340, and you can get the car at a reasonable price, I can sort you out with a plug and play replacement which won't play havoc with the coding and leave you with mismatches everywhere.

Is the car manual or auto?

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2016, 10:50   #4
AndyAitch
Avid contributor

ZT 190SE (sold :( )

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Nope Andy, the NNN100692 is not a direct replacement for an NNN500340.

If you need an NNN500340, and you can get the car at a reasonable price, I can sort you out with a plug and play replacement which won't play havoc with the coding and leave you with mismatches everywhere.

Is the car manual or auto?

Brian
Hi Brian, ta, it's a manual but I've found a guy who's breaking a ZT-T and he has the bits that I need (500340, EWS, Transponder) so they're on the way to me. The car needs an MOT but looks well looked after, I kept seeing it sitting there. When I asked the guy he was talking about scrapping it due to the cost of the ECU... Hopefully I'll get it back on the road and save another one
AndyAitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th July 2016, 12:57   #5
fandango151
Loves to post

Rover 75

And the instrument pack and the light switch, plus a few more places where the vin etc lives.

I really would avoid fitting mismatched bits to make life easier.
fandango151 is offline   Reply With Quote