Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > V8 Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 5th March 2024, 11:57   #11
Matt_75
Gets stuck in
 
Matt_75's Avatar
 
75 Saloon

Join Date: Apr 2022
Location: North Somerset
Posts: 575
Thanks: 13
Thanked 20 Times in 8 Posts
Default

For any parts that are common with the Mustang, Crown Vic etc. and can't be found in the UK, I hear https://www.rockauto.com/ is supposed to be good. They are in the US though, so don't forget there will be postage and import fees.
__________________
Matt

2001 Rover 75 Connoisseur SE 2.5 (BRG)
1999 Rover 75 Club 2.5 (Dorchester Red)
1973 Triumph Dolomite (Honeysuckle)
Matt_75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2024, 15:26   #12
Mark190
Avid contributor
 
MG ZT

Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Tamworth
Posts: 219
Thanks: 0
Thanked 34 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Thank you very much to all you guys who have been kind enough to reply i am excited to finally own one but also slightly apprehensive about what to expect. The chap who i bought the car from gave me a folder with all the service history and receipts for the car some of them going right back to when it was almost new back in 2006 and i noticed there are some from Rock Auto in the States for various bits and pieces. Obviously i hope i won't be needing very many parts for it all being well
Mark190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2024, 17:13   #13
stevestrat
This is my second home
 
ZT260 #243 (resting)

Join Date: May 2010
Location: Prestonpans
Posts: 22,546
Thanks: 650
Thanked 4,624 Times in 3,358 Posts
Default

Try the 260's forum rather than some generic Mustang one https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/. Might be worth having a word with Chris Flanagan at Retro Sports Cars in Baliff Bridge, West Yorkshire. He's knowledgeable about the V8s, did all the servicing/repairs on mine for the previous owner before I brought it north.
__________________
Steve


T4 Location Map
stevestrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5th March 2024, 18:15   #14
JJay
Regular poster
 
Rover 75 Tourer

Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: York
Posts: 63
Thanks: 0
Thanked 20 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Try the 260's forum rather than some generic Mustang one https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/. Might be worth having a word with Chris Flanagan at Retro Sports Cars in Baliff Bridge, West Yorkshire. He's knowledgeable about the V8s, did all the servicing/repairs on mine for the previous owner before I brought it north.
Agreed Chris Flanagan is one of the go to people he knows his stuff. He also works on the SV.
I see your in Tamworth and i understand Nick at Austin Garages burton on trent is also a good place to go to.


As regards Rock auto i was amazed how quick it took to get something. I ordered a MAF sensor on a Wednesday i think, i opted to go for delivery with all import duties already paid upfront and was told it may take about a week for delivery. It arrived on the Saturday.
There is a lot of information and very knowledgeable people on the Two Sixties web site. A lot of people think why do you need a separate web site and have criticised them thinking they think they are better than 75 owners. That's not true it boils down to preservation of these cars. They may share a 75 Bodyshell but that's about where it ends they are a different beast. The two sixties have done a lot to try and obtain certain parts in the past such as shocks and struts.
If the clutch feels heavy thats normal. I hope you enjoy your new purchase.

Last edited by JJay; 5th March 2024 at 18:18..
JJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2024, 06:26   #15
Mark190
Avid contributor
 
MG ZT

Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Tamworth
Posts: 219
Thanks: 0
Thanked 34 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Try the 260's forum rather than some generic Mustang one https://www.two-sixties.co.uk/mgoc260/html/f0rum/. Might be worth having a word with Chris Flanagan at Retro Sports Cars in Baliff Bridge, West Yorkshire. He's knowledgeable about the V8s, did all the servicing/repairs on mine for the previous owner before I brought it north.
Thats a useful one mate thanks for that.
Mark190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2024, 06:36   #16
Mark190
Avid contributor
 
MG ZT

Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Tamworth
Posts: 219
Thanks: 0
Thanked 34 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJay View Post
Agreed Chris Flanagan is one of the go to people he knows his stuff. He also works on the SV.
I see your in Tamworth and i understand Nick at Austin Garages burton on trent is also a good place to go to.


As regards Rock auto i was amazed how quick it took to get something. I ordered a MAF sensor on a Wednesday i think, i opted to go for delivery with all import duties already paid upfront and was told it may take about a week for delivery. It arrived on the Saturday.
There is a lot of information and very knowledgeable people on the Two Sixties web site. A lot of people think why do you need a separate web site and have criticised them thinking they think they are better than 75 owners. That's not true it boils down to preservation of these cars. They may share a 75 Bodyshell but that's about where it ends they are a different beast. The two sixties have done a lot to try and obtain certain parts in the past such as shocks and struts.
If the clutch feels heavy thats normal. I hope you enjoy your new purchase.
Oh mate i absolutely love it. I went out in it last night after work just to get some bits and bobs from the shop and i ended going a little bit further than i needed to! Its just addictive, its the only car i have ever owned where i want to drive along in the dark in the freezing cold with the window open just to hear that sound. To be honest i don't find the clutch or gear change too bad at all.
Mark190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2024, 07:46   #17
Mark190
Avid contributor
 
MG ZT

Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Tamworth
Posts: 219
Thanks: 0
Thanked 34 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark190 View Post
Oh mate i absolutely love it. I went out in it last night after work just to get some bits and bobs from the shop and i ended going a little bit further than i needed to! Its just addictive, its the only car i have ever owned where i want to drive along in the dark in the freezing cold with the window open just to hear that sound. To be honest i don't find the clutch or gear change too bad at all.
As for snobbery well there certainly seems to be a lot of that about these days, from the car you drive to the bike you ride to the clothes you wear. When you get to my age, late 50,s you can sort of deal with that. As for me personally well i am definitely not a V8 snob just an ordinary working class bloke who has owned Rovers and MG,s now for 20 years and has decided to invest in a V8 with his own hard earned cash. When i say invest, thats how i look at it , i consider it to be an investment. An enjoyable one
Mark190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2024, 08:42   #18
JJay
Regular poster
 
Rover 75 Tourer

Join Date: Oct 2021
Location: York
Posts: 63
Thanks: 0
Thanked 20 Times in 5 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mark190 View Post
i am definitely not a V8 snob just an ordinary working class bloke who has owned Rovers and MG,s now for 20 years and has decided to invest in a V8 with his own hard earned cash. When i say invest, thats how i look at it , i consider it to be an investment. An enjoyable one
That's all most of us are with our cars whatever they be, enthusiasts.
Pleased to hear your loving it. I assume its number 450? The previous owner i understand had owned the car for some time.

Not sure if the OBD works on the dashboard on ours as per the normal 75 i have never tested it but in case you've not come across it i attach a link https://www.youtube.com/shorts/alnYULOLRas
JJay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2024, 13:59   #19
Tim
Feel the size of my Quads
 
Tim's Avatar
 
MG ZT 440SE, MG HS PHEV & MG3

Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Addlestone
Posts: 1,735
Thanks: 0
Thanked 128 Times in 85 Posts
Thumbs up

Welcome to V8 ownership Mark. Rock auto are very good, plus the normal bods like Scott and Matt at DMGRS and Rimmers. The club shop also stocks parts which are unique to the V8, rear discs, struts and some R75 springs to name a few.

Last edited by Tim; 6th March 2024 at 14:04..
Tim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th March 2024, 15:40   #20
Mark190
Avid contributor
 
MG ZT

Join Date: Sep 2018
Location: Tamworth
Posts: 219
Thanks: 0
Thanked 34 Times in 17 Posts
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JJay View Post
That's all most of us are with our cars whatever they be, enthusiasts.
Pleased to hear your loving it. I assume its number 450? The previous owner i understand had owned the car for some time.

Not sure if the OBD works on the dashboard on ours as per the normal 75 i have never tested it but in case you've not come across it i attach a link https://www.youtube.com/shorts/alnYULOLRas
Yes mate the previous owner Chris Barrett had it for 14 years and really looked after it. Respect to Chris and his wife Lorna, lovely people, couldn't have bought the car off a nicer bloke.
Mark190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 17:12.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2024, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright © 2006-2023, The Rover 75 & MG ZT Owners Club Ltd