Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Social Forums > Social Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 6th November 2017, 11:20   #41
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Please keep posting, you know it makes sense.....but
you don't have to get involved, just ignore what you don't like and go on to the next topic but we do have Moderators and it's their task to steady things down when contributions start to cross Forum boundaries - and it is sometimes a very difficult call for them to make.
You are however right to point out that there are some rather nasty minded, bigotted and offensive people who get a say and let's face it, devalue our Club and its' objectives for the Rover and MG cars we all love and appreciate.
So I'm for more power to our Mods. - use your powers, if these unpleasent contributors step out of line or persist in their ways JUST CHUCK THEM OUT!
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th November 2017, 11:52   #42
Ennine
Posted a thing or two

Ford

I for one don't think anyone should walk on eggshells lest it offend or upset. That would be so wrong but it's the downright insulting stuff that hurts and you can't ignore it as you can't un-read it. So you get into an interesting thread and out of the blue it turns nasty and one thinks, here we go again.

Nige

How to: Replace touch screen Navall II

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Ennine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7th November 2017, 06:00   #43
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darcydog View Post
You say that Maninder - but from your posts, you seem to want to be the “apologist” for big business - if I have this wrong then I apologise.

But those of us at the sharp end of what the Banks did - and in particular advising businesses on the receiving end of truly appalling actions by the Banks - would undoubtedly remind you that what you say regarding investment and job losses applies equally well, if not more so, to those small companies closed down by the Banks unfairly foreclosing on them.

You cannot insulate a business from justifiable criticism of its actions towards other businesses, on the spurious grounds that those with a stake in the at fault business or who are employed by it, would suffer financial loss!

For example those Companies - their employees and investors- on the receiving end of the appalling actions of RBS’s SME unit would no doubt beg to differ.
I would rather not post any more in this thread Clive, but apology accepted.

My comments in the "banking" thread were in relation to complaints that the bank's car park was full, cashier chose to count in the cash and was slow, etc. But, my plea above was more general and not related to one specific thread. I have made similar pleas on the forum in the past.

I would suggest that anyone interested in the above comments joins us on the thread.

https://the75andztclub.co.uk/forum/s...d.php?t=275279

Last edited by MSS; 7th November 2017 at 06:03..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote