Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > I.C.E. Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 13th July 2007, 11:22   #1
edzios

MG ZT-T

Hi Pedro, great reading...
I fitted a MK4 Drive yesterday, which gives me the flat screen option etc, but the TMC only works on the CLASSIC FM channel. Am I right in thinking that both the BM24 & BM54 will allow TMC to work on all FM channels?
Hope you don't mind, I have a few questions, regarding the 16:9 Monitor:
1. Is that from a BBW E46 (series 3 BMW)
2. Does it fit correctly, without any modifications
3. Do all the 16:9 monitors have the motorised screen to load CD's. I ask this because I have the 6 Disk CD unit, how would this unit affect my 6 Disk CD changer?
4. Is your Monitor with or without the front loading motorised tape function
5. Please can you supply the correct monitor part number
6. Where did you purchase your monitor
Also, would you know what unit would play CD/MP3
With your help, I also can have your system
All the best, Eddy
edzios is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 15:16   #2
Jontie
Loves to post

Rover75 2.0L Conn SE Auto

Hi Eddy,
Both the BM 24/54 are dual tuners and give TMC all the time. The monitor is from a series 3 E46 but does require some slight mod's, nothing too difficult. They do have motorised screen with either CD/Tape/Mini Disc behind. I think I'm correct in saying that the one with Tape will operate your CD changer with existing equipment, but the CD/Mini Disc require either BM24/54 Module to operate the changer. As for mp3 I think several members have replaced the changer with an Ipod using Ice Link but I'm not sure if they get ID3 tag readout. (maybe with the BM54) I know Dee Cee did but I think he had a Dice unit and unfortunately he hasn't posted for some time.
HTH.

Regards
John
Old 13th July 2007, 18:19   #3
edzios

MG ZT-T

Hi Jontie
Thanks for that, the next task is to track down a E46 Sat Nav Radio Tuner, either the BM24 or BM54
Do you or any other member know the best place to get one, other than ebay
Regards
Eddy
Old 13th July 2007, 20:07   #4
pedro444
Avid contributor

Ex 75 CDT Connoisseur Se Ex ZT-T 180 Sports Auto SE

To add to Jontie's reply..

I think all the E46 widescreens have the motorised screen, you can get them with tape, cd or minidisc behind the screen.

The one with the tape will work just as your 4:3 Roverised one did.

I think that the CD and MD ones require the BM54 to allow the CD/MD behind the screen to work but I'm not 100% sure. I think that they all work the normal Rover CD changer (it's the tuner that controls this really not the monitor I believe)

Mine has the tape behind (people find it really funny to see this fancy screen that reveals an 80's looking tape deck behind!) Apparently loads of manufacturers kept the tape as standard for years after people stopped using them as particularly the American market like books on tape - you lose your place on a CD if you take it out!

I got my monitor from eBay, part number shows as 65-52-6 923 871 - but I think there are various part numbers that will work. Only modification needed as Jontie says is cutting a few small brackets off with a junior hacksaw.

Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by edzios View Post
Hi Pedro, great reading...
3. Do all the 16:9 monitors have the motorised screen to load CD's. I ask this because I have the 6 Disk CD unit, how would this unit affect my 6 Disk CD changer?
4. Is your Monitor with or without the front loading motorised tape function
5. Please can you supply the correct monitor part number
6. Where did you purchase your monitor
Also, would you know what unit would play CD/MP3
With your help, I also can have your system
All the best, Eddy
pedro444 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th July 2007, 20:50   #5
edzios

MG ZT-T

Hi Pedro, thanks for the reply, I am learning fast! When I looked at the listings on ebay and the item refered to a motorised monitor screen, with a Tape facility, I thought they were all CD's, did not know there were different types to choose from. I also thought that the new monitor would make idle my CD unit in the boot, redundant.
Has anybody bought from the listings on ebay from Lithuania, or does anybody have any good contacts for monitors and BM54/BM24 Units in the UK?
I will get there, soon.....
Best regards,
Eddy
Old 3rd January 2010, 20:30   #6
Ragman
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedro444 View Post
Hope you find these useful! If anyone is interested in the various part numbers let me know and I'll dig them out and add them to this thread.

Pete

I know this is going back a while but if you do have the part numbers I'd be really grateful - it's an upgrade I'm keen to complete

Thanks in advance

Colin
Old 4th January 2010, 20:43   #7
neilll
Gets stuck in

MG ZT,MG ZT-T

Default bluetooth retrofit

hi colin,
if you let me know which parts you require i will dig relevent part numbers out,as i have just completed said retrofit
neilll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4th January 2010, 20:51   #8
Ragman
This is my second home

ZT 260 SE

Thanks

Main ones are the harness components, BM54 link cable, ULF module and the mic, think I have a handle on the others but if you come across any you think would help I'd be grateful

Much appreciated

Colin
Old 4th November 2007, 18:59   #9
Kearton
Gets stuck in

MG ZT-T CDTi

Quote:
Originally Posted by pedro444 View Post
... I thought you might be interested in the Bluetooth system I've fitted to my 75. It's fully integrated to the car and uses BMW components.
[...]
Hope you find this interesting!
Pete
Hi Pete,
very interesting. I don't see a telephone aerial in the parts you fitted. I've bought some of the parts needed to install this too and the ULF module I bought came with a telephone aerial. (Part no.: ) This part (or one similar) also appears in the BMW E46 manuals I've seen online. Did you use one that is not shown in your photos or does the shark fin aerial for the sat. nav. double up for telephone in some way?

Regards,
Kearton
Kearton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10th November 2007, 17:16   #10
pedro444
Avid contributor

Ex 75 CDT Connoisseur Se Ex ZT-T 180 Sports Auto SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kearton View Post
Hi Pete,
very interesting. I don't see a telephone aerial in the parts you fitted. I've bought some of the parts needed to install this too and the ULF module I bought came with a telephone aerial. (Part no.: ) This part (or one similar) also appears in the BMW E46 manuals I've seen online. Did you use one that is not shown in your photos or does the shark fin aerial for the sat. nav. double up for telephone in some way?

Regards,
Kearton
Hi Kearton,

I didn't actually use a telephone aerial with this installation. If you want to use one I think you have to find a way of holding the phone securely in one place - the eject box is the way BMWs do this but this wouldn't be easy to fit anywhere in the 75 without looking a bit out of place.

Despite not having an external aerial I don't have any problems with a phone signal though - I guess phones have improved over the years to the point where they don't really need an external aerial anymore.

Regards,
Pete
pedro444 is offline   Reply With Quote