|20th April 2017, 19:37||#1|
MG ZT-T 180 SE
Join Date: Nov 2013
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Spares or repair, MG ZTT SE Sport £295
THANKS TO ALL THOSE WHO WERE INTERESTED (AND THERE WAS A LOT OF YOU), THE CAR IS NOW SOLD!! GONE TO SOMEONE WHO I BELIEVE WILL BRING LIVE BACK TO THIS LOVELY MOTOR!
For sale as spares or repair, my MG ZTT SE Sport (2.5L V6 automatic).
In a nutshell, the car warms up as you would expect and will sit at 90 degrees for a few miles then the temperature climbs to 94-97 degrees whilst driving and very quickly climbs to 100 degrees if stationary. The fan cuts in and will cool very slowly however if you increase the revs slightly whilst stationary the temperature comes down quickly to 90-92 degrees.
If the engine is started from cold with the expansion tank cap off, coolant slowly raises in the overflow tank to the top.
The oil cooler has been replaced to rule this out as being blocked. Heating in cabin works fine so matrix doesn't appear to blocked. Expansion tank cap has been replaced. No red coolant sitting in the "V" so thermostat not leaking. Head gasket also appears to be fine as there is no oil/water mix and I have carried out a sniff test which it passed.
I can only assume the water pump is on it's way out or there is a very stubborn air lock. This being the 3rd car in the family and funds being tight I am selling as spares or repair. I'm sure in the right hands this car can be repaired as it is too good to break for spares.
So, the car...
MG ZTT SE Sport facelift†MG garage press car - fitted with every option180 SE Sport
Mileage is 114k
Fitted with the following options;
* Built in double din WinCE sat nav head unit with TMC, reversing camera, SD card slot, Ipod connectivity, DVD player, Harmon Kardon speaker system with amplifier and sub, steering wheel controls
* Power folding electric mirrors with heating
* Full leather interior with front heated seats, electric passenger seat and electric memory seat for the driver, no rips and in excellent condition
* Dual cup holders (passenger and rare drivers side)
* Made to measure sun blinds from carshades.co.uk (cost £60)
* Computer dash display (just two dead lines, which strangely come back in warmer weather)
* Auto dimming mirror
* Fixed tow bar with 7 pin electronics, undo 2 bolts and it can be removed.* Xenon headlights
* Heated windscreen washer jets
* Parking sensors
* 190 Brake upgrade
* Cruise control†
* Dual zone climate control†
* Front pillar airbags
* The car has almost full MG specialist service history. Last service 12 months/2.5k, including oil and coolant change, spark plugs, oil/air and pollen filter.
* Cam belts and water pump changed by lates600 at 78,000 miles. So belts will need changing with water pump.
* Thermostat changed at 102,000 miles including seals and coolant.
* Cooling fan gold resistor upgraded, fan and A/C work as it should.
* Recent new vis motor and starter motor refurb.
* There are a few (but not obvious) door dings and some slight scuffing the rear bumper corners.
* The auto wipers functions does not work but they function as normal.
* Wheels really need a re-furbish.
*MOT runs out 15 May 2017, though should pass, as only covered 2.5k since last MOT.
Car based in Leicestershire.
I am asking for £295 no offers.
Last edited by Coxy; 22nd April 2017 at 18:52..