Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The 75 and ZT Owners Club General Forum
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar Mark Forums Read
Notices

Old 1st October 2009, 18:11   #1
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts
Default Walnut Accessories - new colour pics/and order details

all orders to Simon at [email protected]

Please note that I have absolutely no business connection with Simon who is located in Bullgaria. I approached him initially to ask if he could make a close match to our Rover 75 walnut OEM trim which became very popular and since then have made myself available as a go between when members ask for new pieces to be made sending him measurements, templates, ideas for him to consider and actual OEM trim where necessary to help him match the colours.

Simon is very accomodating and has made a few bespoke items for members, he will supply single pieces from the main kit if you dont need all the items, please e mail him with your requirements and to get a price.

Complete kit £53 plus £10 delivery ( available in Walnut, Light Oak, Black Oak, Piano Black, Rhodium)

Schematic below last updated 13/09/2019

The schematic contains most but not all of what Simon produces and details of the additional items are below

NEW Also available Footwell trims, number 64, cost £25 per pair plus £4 delivery.

Fitting Instructions for all items:

The temperature in your vehicle must be above 21C. Leave the panels in the vehicle to acclimatise.

Thoroughly clean the surface of the dashboard or parts onto which the styling panels are to be fitted. Use a grease remover like T-Cut. Do NOT use any solvents.

The preparation is very important . All silicone, wax or other polish previoulsy applied MUST be removed.

Carefully remove one of the panels from the backing sheet, without touching the adhesive, using a hair dryer warm the adhesive.

Gently position the panel into place. ( moistening the adhesive in one corner helps with positioning ) Press firmly onto the surface especially at the edges and corners.

Warm the panel with a hair dryer. DO NOT OVERHEAT and continue to apply pressure using a soft clean cloth.

Leave the panels for 24 hours. They can the be cleaned and polished using a proprietary wax furniture polish.

Door trims

Doortrims No 61 and 62 - these are placed on the velour part of the doorcard. The standard adhesive on the back of the trim is not good good enough to permanently adhere so they either have to be further adhesed using a contact adhesive and/or screwed to the doorcard. If you want to use screws let Simon know and he will add screwholes, supply the screws, and hole covers to hide the screws.

Light Oak

Please be aware that the light oak is not an exact match. The colour is very close, but the grain is not the same. The colour has been approved by club members

If you are not sure about the colour, please ask Simon for actual sample for you to approve prior to ordering. If you want a sample please let him have your full postal details.

Gallery:

Below are pictures of most of the items actually fitted to the car and for the most part will be the walnut finish. If you have other items and are willing to share your pictures please add them to the thread and I will udate the gallery as and when.

Pictures of items in schematic:

ATC and media centre trim

In Walnut

Harmony centre piece £8 including delivery available now ( Harmony outer surround is still part of the full kit at number 14 - see schematic above, if ordered with the full kit the piece is reduced to £6 )

centre piece

picture of both together

and without centre piece

In Black Oak

In Light Oak

In Rhodium:

Front light surround

In Walnut

Rear light surround

In Walnut

Door switches

In Walnut

In Light Oak

Horn surrounds

In Walnut

Front overview

In Walnut

Rear cupholder

In Walnut

Options include rear ashtray ( badge not included )

In Walnut

Or you can have the storage box cover

In Walnut

Additional items available:

Sunvisors ( free delivery if ordered with kit above )

In Walnut

Rear Air Vent ( free delivery if ordered with kit above )

In Walnut

Seat Sides

In Walnut

Glovebox

In Walnut

Rear Armrest/ Cubby insert

In Walnut

Chrome surrounds for the cubby cup holders

Front armrest inside cover

In Walnut

Seat badge holders

In Walnut

Chrome Window Switch Set

Chrome Main Dash Vents

Chrome vents as fitted

Chrome surrounds for clock and thumbwheel

Grab handle trims

In Walnut

Door pull trims

In Walnut

Door Cappings

If you do not want the holes, Simon will make them without for you if you ask him but you will then definitely need adhesive on the capping.

The first picture shows the capping placed right against the top of the door card which is where I think it looks at its best, however if you place it there note that there is a small recess where the top of the doorcard meets the “ velour “ and you may well have to put either adhesive or double sided tape into the recess to hold the top of the capping in place because when you stick down the bottom part of the capping it tends to pull the top out slightly due to the curve on the doorcard

In Walnut

An option is to fit it just below the recess to avoid the above issue

Back door fitted at top

Back door fitted below recess

And finally one with holes and cappings to hide the screws

As with all Simons products the price is reflected by the amount of resin used and these are larger than average pieces and work out at approx £15 each, but he will sell the front and back as separate items should you want to buy the front only and maybe add the back at a later date

Speaker tweeters (4)

In Walnut

Speaker tweeters in chrome

Hazard switch chrome ( inner )

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 13th September 2019 at 11:49..
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 18:25   #2
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

That looks great, Rob.

His stuff looks much better than that from the Walnut Dash Company - and he is very easy to deal with.

CDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 18:33   #3
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

What you doing to do when you get a power fold switch pack

Kandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 18:34   #4
Kandyman
Banned

ROVER 75 2.5 V6 Connoisseur SE Limousine 2004

I like the rear light surround.
Kandyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 18:48   #5
CDTi
This is my second home

No longer in the MGR club

I wonder if this guy could do a walnut trim to cover the centre cubby lid. There is a 3D element to the lid, though - probably very difficult or impossible to manufacture in some kind of a stick on trim.

CDTi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 19:09   #6
pab
Banned

MG ZT V6 190+

Thanked 1,614 Times in 1,416 Posts

the rear ashtray interests me
pab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 19:12   #7
Raistlin
Banned

75 CDT Connoisseur SE Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandyman View Post

Cut a hole in the trim?
Raistlin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 19:15   #8
ALPACA
Gets stuck in

MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT

The rear ashtray looks really neat with the alternative cutout. What's the story behind it? Are they available to buy as a straight replacement? :lol:
MG HS EXCLUSIVE DCT - Dynamic Red Tri-Coat with Sardana red Bader leather interior. K&N filter.Weathershields.Mudflaps.Sundshades.Slot mats.Quilted rear seat protector.Latch guards.Fabric & rubber mats.Fabric & rubber Loadliners.Full alloy spare.MG seatbelt covers.Aussie chrome tailgate strip & bumper protector.Autoglymn lifeshine.Indonesian tailgate badge.Chrome steering wheel cover.
ALPACA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 20:43   #9
doublekite
My other car is a bus

2005 Jaguar S Type 2.7D automatic and 2007 Jaguar S Type XS 2.7D automatic

Would like to see a picture of a Symphony head unit fitted with new colour.
doublekite is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1st October 2009, 22:04   #10
trebor
This is my second home

Rover 75 CDTi Connoisseur SE & MG ZT Saloon 190

Thanked 1,877 Times in 885 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kandyman View Post

the powerfold switch is one of the options and there is one on its way to me, all i need now is the switch !

He also sent me the rear ashtray cover in error and there is a storage cover on its way to me too. Mines a facleift and has always had the storage box rather than the ashtray, presumably its a straight swop for the ashtray

I enquired about the cubby lid having seen the one on bay but seller says it will not stick to the material it is made from

Robs Car Gallery

Coven near Wolverhampton WV9

2000 Cowley Built Rover 75 2.0 V6 Club SE/ Atlantic Blue/ Sandstone/Walnut (daily driver)
2003 Land Rover Freelander 1 TD4 HSE Helsinki Blue/Black Leather (swmbo daily driver)

Last edited by trebor; 13th February 2017 at 14:56..
trebor is offline   Reply With Quote