Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > Club Classifieds > Members Cars For-Sale
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 19th October 2014, 20:50   #21
Heddy
This is my second home

None

Thanked 1,161 Times in 924 Posts

For 1600 quid I can't believe you still have this, incredible.
Heddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2014, 17:48   #22
Gladstonebag

Rover 75

Default lovely car

Hello

Your car looks to be in amazing condition.
I wonder if you can tell me how to place an ad.
I can see you start a new thread and put in text but I cant see how you add photos!
Any help appreciated and if I know anyone after a diesel 75 will certainly point them your way.

Thanks

Paul
Gladstonebag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20th October 2014, 18:46   #23
alanjay
Passed Away

Rover 75 Connie Tourer

Like so many others I cannot believe it's still not sold.
If only it was not a diesel I would have been tempted.

So come on diesel fans, at least one of you should buy it.
alanjay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21st October 2014, 10:47   #24
rich400
Regular poster

Mercedes AMG SLK 5.5

Hi all, thanks for your kind comments about my car, it means a lot as I am questioning whether to sell this or not now. When I see the sort of rubbish people are buying for much more money in the name of buying a car to save them on running costs, it is incredible.
My car does amazing miles per gallon, and yes the CDT owners amongst you who have re-mapped will not be surprised to hear that my 75 has achieved over 70 mpg average on the 25 mile daily run to work, and never goes below 45 mpg in traffic. Obviously i drive her sympathetically but, thats just me.

The more i think about it, I am leaning to keep her or put the price back up to £2k to save any more messing around.

To clarify one members PM set of questions, I will answer them in the open forum to save repeating them, I hope this is ok. They are as follows:-

What is the estimated bhp of this car with the RR box thats installed?

The Rover Ron (RR) box is for the Mass Air Flow sensor (MAF) change in spec. It is required to maintain the correct feedback from the MAF to the ECU, and in itself does not add anything to the performance other than maintaining the low end torque when pulling away and at low revs.

I cannot tell you the exact BHP of the car, and to my mind anyone who has not put their personal car on a dynamometer and has the paperwork to prove it, is unlikely to be accurate with this figure either. What i can tell you is that when it was new, it was beneficial to have to engine in the standard power output for my company car tax payments. This unfortunately meant the standard showroom CDT had reduced power, and the engine was not working at its optimum. The work round this was to negotiate the installation of an X Power software change to the ECU. This was in the region of £500, and put the car back to its correct specifications, which resulted in a lot more power, and incidentally economy. This was exactly what happened to my car, and benefitted hugely. After 3 years when I decided to buy 'my' car from my company, I decided to fit a device that was new at the time called a 'tunning box' this came from Belgium and cost me another £350. This resulted in further benefits in power and economy, which looking back on it, was a bit of a gamble, but I can tell you it improved the performance of the engine in all ways. I think my 75 is fast. And I qualify this by the fact that my other car which has never been out in the rain, is an AMG SLK 5.5 litre. Sure the 75 has not got that performance, but I am very happy with how my 75 performs especially considering the astounding economy. I am not sure if this improvement is also due to the fitment of the exhaust gas recirculation bypass kit i fitted, but I can say that my car was saved very early on, from having all the debris from the exhaust sucked back through the inlet system. This in itself was worth a small increase in performance, as the restriction of the EGR valve was removed during this mod. But long term it certainly has benefitted.

Is the aircon working (fan replaced in the past?)
The aircon works perfectly, and there has been no major works done to my car. I have driven it daily since new which has involved driving the first 5 minutes of each journey on full auto on the climate, then switching to 'econ' mode for the remainder of the journey. This should have exercised the pump, but hopefully not worn it out.

You mention the reversing sensors have an issue have you had an estimate for this repair?
The repair for this fault has been listed on this site and I would consider it a minor repair, and if I get the chance I will sort it out myself, if not, I am just being honest that in a deluge, they sometimes sound continuously when selecting reverse. Any prospective buyer on an average day, would not be aware of this small issue.

I hope this clarifies things, but if there are any more questions, and you are genuinely interested in buying my car, and not after it for less than the price of a ten year old Korean 'economy car' then please let me know.

Once again many thanks to the genuine members who have contacted me by PM to complement my car.

Cheers Richard

Last edited by rich400; 21st October 2014 at 11:05..
rich400 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23rd October 2014, 13:46   #25
rich400
Regular poster

Mercedes AMG SLK 5.5

Hi all
to the members that have contacted me to buy, I have decided to temporarily hold on to her until September 2015.
I know some people have offered to buy after the sale of their car, I would take my comments above into consideration before doing so.

Cheers Richard

Last edited by rich400; 9th May 2015 at 19:12..
Old 1st February 2015, 16:40   #26
Bazza58
Loves to post

Rover 75 Saloon Connoisseur cdti

Default good condition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jules View Post
Why can't they all be as in good condition as this?
A true credit to you Sir !!

Why do so many 2nd 3rd & 4th owners neglect and generally ruin such a gorgeous Marque
i would just like to say that am a second owner and i clean my car to the best of my ability , i clean her every two weeks with out fail rain or shine , and my wife will tell you i spend more time on my car than with her
Bazza58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13th February 2015, 09:38   #27
rich400
Regular poster

Mercedes AMG SLK 5.5

Thats good to hear!
These cars are too good to neglect...!!!
Richard

Last edited by rich400; 16th March 2015 at 15:35.. Reason: bump
Old 16th March 2015, 15:38   #28
rich400
Regular poster

Mercedes AMG SLK 5.5

Default Cdt

MOT and new N/S/F brake caliper fitted
Old 16th March 2015, 18:12   #29
myrover2013
Posted a thing or two

ROVER 75 CONNOISSEUR SE in copper leaf red

Stunning car this should be snap up soon
myrover2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29th April 2015, 16:45   #30
rich400
Regular poster

Mercedes AMG SLK 5.5

Hi if anyone is interested i will be selling the car in September (2015) time.
Price will be £1650
Cheers
Richard

Last edited by rich400; 9th May 2015 at 19:13..