Go Back   The 75 and ZT Owners Club Forums > The Chinese Cars - MG7 and Roewe 750 > NAC & SAIC
Register FAQ Image Gallery Members List Calendar
Notices

Old 12th November 2015, 11:05   #1
MattyC
Gets stuck in

MG6 1.8 Turbo TSE in Burnt Orange

Default 2016my mg3

Quote:
A GREAT CAR MADE BETTER

MG’s trendy MG3 has just got even better with the introduction of new technology; designed to give better economy and lower emissions.

The MG3 2016 MY (model year), which will be available to buy next week, offers customers better fuel consumption, lower tax and an updated personalisation range; which includes the launch of new combinations and roof colours. The supermini, which now benefits from a more economical 124g/km of CO₂ and a stop-start engine EU6 engine, also comes with a new chrome grille to complement the MG family face.

Customers who are looking to make their car even more unique, and really stand out from the crowd, will be pleased to hear that the MG3’s Red Rose and Hello Yellow paints are now available with selected roof colour combinations; white or black.

Matthew Cheyne, Head of Sales and Marketing for MG, said: “The MG3 has continued its success from the day it launched in 2013 and, with all that it offers, it’s easy to see why so many people have fallen for our fun-packed and stylish supermini. Now we’re giving customers a little bit more, with the addition of some great features, but still keeping the price low; making it great value for money and setting us apart from our competitors.

“Those looking to give their car additional style and edge will love our new roof combinations, as they give you the opportunity to mix up the personalisation options even more.”

The MG3 EU6 is the latest car to be launched from the Longbridge site and demonstrates the continued innovation emerging from the Birmingham based manufacturer.

Customers can choose from the four models available, all priced as nicely as the car itself: MG3 3Time (from £8,399); MG3 3Form (from £9,599); MG3 3Form Sport (from £9,899); MG3 3Style (from £10,499); and MG3 3Style Lux, which comes with the addition of leather seats (from £10,999). The MG3 2016 is available on 0% finance, so book in a test drive at your local dealer now and find out what this much-loved supermini has to offer.
Not a huge change. Pretty much as a friend told me recently, start-stop and a remap to bring emissions down (which from April next year will make no difference to taxation anyway) and increase MPG.

Other than that, all I can see is a grille - that will not look as sporty IMHO.

Some actual figures for the engine would be nice, to see if it addresses the "shortcomings" of the current engine (torque revs etc). Also MPG figures to compare? Can't be more than 3-5mpg difference at best?

124g/km vs the current 136g/km is good, but as I say, no benefit anyway once the tax rules change next year. Obviously the start-stop technology will make a difference here.

A little bit disappointed that no new engines. no turbo version, no real facelift, but not overly surprised. The car already looks great anyway, but more features such as satnav (as B&G are selling) would have been nice.

Nice to see they raised the cost of all models, with the exception of the 3Time which is a great introductory price for the range (can't see many buying them, but it gets peoples attention), may give dealerships a bit more profit/headroom to discount, but in real terms, for an extra £500 you're getting a chrome grille (which will probably detract from the sportiness IMHO) and a remapped engine (which only really bears an additional cost for the more expensive stop-start starter system).

More details would be beneficial from my point of view.

What happened to the '3 with the lower grill similar to facelift '6? That looked quite nice if the French moustache was toned down a little...

Source: MG Motor UK

Mods: 17" meteor wheels | Steve916's Auto boot lifters | Leather electric memory seats | Dynavin Android DD Headunit | MG7 grille (was a V8 grille, long story!) | SEAT Leon Cupra splitter (colour coded) | ZT sideskirts | BigRuss/marinabrian 160 remap | Roverron Synergy 2A | Arctics Modified Handbrake Compensator

Thanks to those who've helped, providing advice and info, supplying/manufacturing parts, even fitting things for me!
MattyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2015, 14:53   #2
basil
Avid contributor

MG ZT

Default Automatic MG3 & 6 & TF

So still no AUTOMATIC? I wonder if the NEW MG GS will be AUTO.They've got GS's PETROL AUTO in China.Knowing the way MG LONGBRIDGE think,they'll probably only sell the New GS "in Diesel"mode,as is the latest MG6? Why don't they take notice of current thinking,cos the way it's going in London/Paris & many other cities - Diesel are OUT.
basil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th November 2015, 16:49   #3
MattyC
Gets stuck in

MG6 1.8 Turbo TSE in Burnt Orange

Figures at last (courtesy of an email from MG):

OLD - 57.6 (extra urban) 37.7 (urban) 48.7 (combined)

NEW - 59.6 (extra urban) 41.7 (urban) 51.5 (combined)

I'm guessing most of that will come from start-stop given the urban vs extra urban difference. I do wonder if the JWMC exhaust wouldn't already achieve that anyway. Heres hoping for a remap on them lol...

In the general publics mind, 40+ urban will improve sales! It's a shame they couldn't make the magic 60 mark for extra-urban. We know they don't reflect real-world usage, but the general public swear by them!

Mods: 17" meteor wheels | Steve916's Auto boot lifters | Leather electric memory seats | Dynavin Android DD Headunit | MG7 grille (was a V8 grille, long story!) | SEAT Leon Cupra splitter (colour coded) | ZT sideskirts | BigRuss/marinabrian 160 remap | Roverron Synergy 2A | Arctics Modified Handbrake Compensator

Thanks to those who've helped, providing advice and info, supplying/manufacturing parts, even fitting things for me!

Last edited by MattyC; 12th November 2015 at 16:51..
MattyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19th November 2015, 18:05   #4
e668ecp
I really should get out more.......

Range Rover Evoque and ZT V8 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by basil View Post
So still no AUTOMATIC? I wonder if the NEW MG GS will be AUTO.They've got GS's PETROL AUTO in China.Knowing the way MG LONGBRIDGE think,they'll probably only sell the New GS "in Diesel"mode,as is the latest MG6? Why don't they take notice of current thinking,cos the way it's going in London/Paris & many other cities - Diesel are OUT.
I read on mg-rover.org that the GS was only coming with a 1.5turbo petrol and no diesel. If it doesn't come with a diesel the GS will not sell.. just look at how many Land Rover's are diesel. Diesel is not finished
e668ecp is offline   Reply With Quote