Old 11th December 2016, 22:30   #12
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenicks View Post
I think I may discretely hide them all at the back of the other half's wardrobe
If she accidently drops a Metal coat hanger on them you can say Goodbye to the wardrobe.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12th December 2016, 02:28   #13
Dragrad
This is my second home

None * DROWNED

Thanked 1,664 Times in 1,081 Posts

Thread moved to a more appropriate forum. Re-direct left in old. This may be the better forum as threads get ‘lost’ very quickly in the General Forum.

Andrew
Ich Dien
Problem solving is... lateral thinking

SEARCH FIRST ...ASK LATER...

Dragrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2016, 19:57   #14
spyder
This is my second home

75 CDT Auto Tourer , Rover 45 , Astra, Zaffira, Chev Captiva

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevenicks View Post
Now the Winter months are here how many of you leave these in the garage or shed? I have a battery jump start pack, drills, Dremel and lots of other things like everyone else, should I bring these int the house to stop battery drainage? Just a thought as the workshop/shed isn't heated
I have been told that with three garages, NO tools in the house.
That aside, the cold must have an affect on the battery drain I have however been using them for the past 25 years on a professional basis. Most of this has been at temperatures of 25-30 degrees and they were equally as bad then. The better AEG ETC do hold their charge longer but the cheaper branded ones are all terrible.

So mine remain in the cold garage, although I tend to use them every day anyway.
Chrome skull caps, EGR cleaned (original housing), Mondeo lower mounting, 12V outlets in the armrest and tourer boot, cat fixed, working FBH, Lidl plenum covers, DD with reverse camera.New speakesr/Tweeters with MDF rings. wood dash, Memory leather seats, wooden finished steering and handbrake, Xenon headlights.
spyder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2016, 21:36   #15
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nev The Bear View Post
I do not tend to leave any power tools in the garden shed, I keep my Dremmel, rechargeable drill and other power tools in the understairs cupboard in the house. I think even if the batteries are not affected, the damp and cold probably does not do the tools any good.
Impossible, I would have to move out of the house to move all of my garage and workshop in. What might rust, I spray with WD40. All of my batteries get a full recharge once a month or once every two months.

My Makita drop in charger comes on for an hour per day, via a time-switch, which charges other similar things - I just swap the battery pack when I remember, 1 or 3. After eight years the battery packs on my Makita drill began to fail, so I bought a cheap set of Li-on C cells as a trial to replace them from China. I replaced them in August and they have been fine. I will do a re-cell of the other two packs when the weather warms up a bit. The charger is designed for either Ni-Cad or Li-on.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30th December 2016, 21:45   #16
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyder View Post
That aside, the cold must have an affect on the battery drain I have however been using them for the past 25 years on a professional basis. Most of this has been at temperatures of 25-30 degrees and they were equally as bad then.
Battery discharge capacity/capability decreases when they are cold, but once they warm up it returns. A warm battery can deliver more current than a cold one. Moisture can discharge them though, whether its is warm or cold.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote